Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1. Allowing LFR to give the maximum reward for casuals/alts. There should be something with similar reward levels that doesn't take up this much time. Most things should have a good effort vs time spent vs reward ratio. LFR scores extremely poorly in my opinion with extreme time requirements (queues up to an hour, followed by up to several hours clear time), no effort required and highly RNG rewards. Getting nothing but gold when coining every boss and ending up with nothing but a few motes of harmony while guild chat is filled with people obtaining LFR items is very discouraging.

2. Stepping away from Cata's JP/VP system and making JP useless and VP for outdated items and item upgrades. I loved being able to buy current tier epics for Valor and previous tier with Justice. You rarely ran out of things to buy with Valor on alts and there was a BoE Valor item you could sell with excess points.

3. Item upgrades and thunderforged/warforged. Both cause unneeded item level inflation. The latter only adds even more RNG to loot. They said they would keep item upgrades in for WoD but at the same time they are removing most gem and enchantment slots and reforging because it was just something you had to do for each item.

4. Giving Challenge modes, and to a lesser extent Proving Grounds, only cosmetical rewards. Both are probably the most unsuccesfull features added in MoP.

5. Timeless Isle. Useless for geared characters (other than farming for RNG pets from RNG rares) and awful "effort vs reward" for characters hovering at the ~500 iLvl.

1. CRZ by a mile
    2. LFD, LFR was just an extension of that really.
    3. stay subbed legendaries
    4. VP system
    5. connected realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I never though I'd say this but I actually agree with people who said the talent system change. I like the new system a lot more than the old one but I think it should have been implemented a lot better. Old talents where you'd put points like 1/3, 2/3 etc were boring indeed but now you only get one every 15 levels and it feels kinda ''few and far between''. I wish they would add something in between, like every 2 levels, obviously it can't be a talent point as such but some sort of character progression (other than getting new abilities I mean). In the old system it felt kinda good to gain another talent point. :P
    The moment when, thanks to transmogrification, your character selection screen looks like the cast of the Downton Abbey.

1) Removal of the Doodad Door.
    2) Ingame VOIP (seriously....they spent resources on this thing, and it completely does not work)
    3) CRZ....to an extent. It's useful on some zones, but it's extended to far too many.
    4) DAILIES!
    5) Combining 10/25m Lockouts.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    2) Ingame VOIP (seriously....they spent resources on this thing, and it completely does not work)
    I once saw an openraid event that said "we'd be using in-game voice chat".

No kidding. :-)

Never heard of *anyone* using that thing before. Because, yeah, it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

Never heard of *anyone* using that thing before. Because, yeah, it doesn't work.
    Blizz said they wanted to revisit it someday...I wish they'd do it sooner rather than later so I can cancel my Vent server sub and have one less thing to pay for.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I'm in a 13/14 HC 25-man guild who only use the in-game voice chat. It works ok, on par with some of the lousier voice chat programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzel View Post
    I'm in a 13/14 HC 25-man guild who only use the in-game voice chat. It works ok, on par with some of the lousier voice chat programs.
    oOoOoOo

Honestly, this is the second time I hear someone say seriously (provided you are serious, then again, maybe that openraid guy wasn't serious either and was just making a gig) that they are using in-game voice chat in my entire life. Glad it works for you, but well... actually, no, nothing, glad it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzel View Post
    Still no excuse for it's lousy quality. Many games out there offer VOIP as part of their gameplay and they sound a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Because it was launched 10 years ago ?
    Do you often play Age of Empires and Call of Duty1 these days ? Let alone you would need to pay a 180 dollars per year to continue playing them...
    The posts you see here are so ridiculous, that once you mention WoW some red curtain falls in front of some posters eyes and they make the silliest conclusions.
    Also: MMO's are dead in subscriptions. WoW is the only one standing above multi million players.
    iPads, Free browser games, 10 minute fights on the internet replaced lone 10 hour basement play...
    That's why Titan was scrapped and Hearthstone launched in beta ....
    The world changed.
    And some still think they have to find a reason why WoW's player base changes...
    So silly.
    Do Age of Empires and Call of Duty1 add new content all the time? Do they offer multiplayer? There is your comparison going wrong...
    It's not the game being old, it's being a subscription based game being old.
    In case you didn't read it: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/...egends-surges/

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Do Age of Empires and Call of Duty1 add new content all the time? Do they offer multiplayer? There is your comparison going wrong...
    In case you didn't read it: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/...egends-surges/
    Sometimes the older games are better games.

That is why I am glad sites like GOG exist.

By the way, from the linked article:

"The company also said it has counted peaks of over 7.5 million customers playing the game at the same time each day"

Think about it. 7.5 million customers playing the game at the same time each day. Compare with WoW's 7.7 million "active accounts", which includes everyone who logged in at least once in three months, and a lot of which aren't even subs -- with, rather optimistic, maaaybe 1.5-2 million playing the game on a good day. And this was some time ago. Wow.

Impressive.

1. merging of raid locks - like 10 and 25 man. I hated this change took 1/2 the game away from me. Even worse was their reasoning, basically stating their pathetic playerbase doesn't know how to say NO to running both in a week and felt forced - fucking ridiculous.

2. Having a better more preferrable playing system on asian realms. I don't even want to get into how much more game they get for absolutely no reason besides.. "well they're Asian players they expect more for their buck."

3. Too much focus on painfully bad features like pet battles. Yea I know some of you like this.

4. The shop not accepting gold payments. I am not against a shop, but I am against a cash only shop. I am not getting into why this is demeaning to players and their spent time ingame.

5. That very bad classes and very OP classes exist.

By the way, from the linked article:

"The company also said it has counted peaks of over 7.5 million customers playing the game at the same time each day"

Think about it. 7.5 million customers playing the game at the same time each day. Compare with WoW's 7.7 million "active accounts", which includes everyone who logged in at least once in three months, and a lot of which aren't even subs -- with, rather optimistic, maaaybe 1.5-2 million playing the game on a good day. And this was some time ago. Wow.

Impressive.
    Still, you cannot compare LoL with WoW.

LoL is a MOBA, completely differnet from WoW. It is the kind of game where you can jump in and play a match or two, then jump out. You do not have to commit to it (even though people DID turn it into an eSport, which is absolutely fine). That sort of gameplay attracts more of the casual audience (as WELL as the Hardcore), and thus higher active players.

Ironically, you can attribute LoL's success to WC since its predecessor was DOTA which originated....on WarCraft3. Funny how things work. And Blizzard themselves were the ones who revolutionized Free to Play (not create it..just made it the most easily accessable way to play) online games with Battle.net (with StarCraft/Diablo).

1. Pandas.- They don't really feel like a part of warcraft, april fools joke race should have stayed that way
    2. 10/25 man combined lockouts for raids
    3. Patch 4.3.- Cataclysm overall was a mediocre expansion but this patch was the icing of the cake to make it the worst ever, the first two dungeons should have been raid on their own right especially Well of Eternity, and Dragon Soul Z forcing Thrall down our throats didn't helped at all
    4. LFR replacing 5-mans as endgame for casuals and alts.- MoP must be the most alt unfriendly expansion in WoW to the date
    5. Last one would be a tie between nightmare heroic 5-mans at the beginning of cata and daily grindfest at the beginning of MoP
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Seriously, this whole crusade against opinions and criticizing Blizzard in general really shows who blindly throws money at corporations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they don't. I have yet to see anyone who raids LFR complain that LFR drops gear of lesser value than normal/heroic (heroic/mythic), but all I hear is raiders in heroic/mythic bitching about people in LFR getting any rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    1. Pandas.- They don't really feel like a part of warcraft, april fools joke race should have stayed that way
    They fit just fine. WarCraft's universe has always been cartoony and less about gritty/dark nature. They are just as viable as, say, Tauren.

Ever since WC1 it's been like that, and it will continue to be (although WoD looks to be one of the "darker" and "grittier" Expansions)

LoL is a MOBA, completely differnet from WoW. It is the kind of game where you can jump in and play a match or two, then jump out. You do not have to commit to it (even though people DID turn it into an eSport, which is absolutely fine). That sort of gameplay attracts more of the casual audience (as WELL as the Hardcore), and thus higher active players.

Ironically, you can attribute LoL's success to WC since its predecessor was DOTA which originated....on WarCraft3. Funny how things work. And Blizzard themselves were the ones who revolutionized Free to Play (not create it..just made it the most easily accessable way to play) online games with Battle.net (with StarCraft/Diablo).
    And how does it differ from the current state WoW is in, where Blizzard even stated LFR could be done during a lunch break?

Ironically, you can attribute LoL's success to WC since its predecessor was DOTA which originated....on WarCraft3. Funny how things work XD
    Yes, I know. WoW and LoL are different genres (although many would say WoW of today plays more and more like a MOBA). I am just glad that Blizzard is no longer where it's all at (it hasn't been strictly the case before, but Riot makes a very strong point, especially given that Blizzard are going to compete with them with Heroes of the Storm). It's good for everyone. Blizzard have become too complacent and sure of their enormous success no matter what, they need someone to slap them in the face.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-30 at 01:55 PM.

1. LFR / LFD (devalue of instanced content)
    2. Bring the player not the class. Bullshit if every class isn't on par with all others in terms of dps / heal / tanking ability.
    3. Too much lewtz
    4. Shop
    5. 10 / 25 in the same raid

And how does it differ from the current state WoW is in, where Blizzard even stated LFR could be done during a lunch break?
    Because they do LFR then stop, it takes commitment to do progression and hardmodes. So basically people are doing LFR and that's it for the week...one lockout.

Last time I checked, you can play more LoL matches per week than one

Yes, I know. WoW and LoL are different genres (although many would say WoW of today plays more and more like a MOBA). I am just glad that Blizzard is no longer where it's all at (it hasn't been strictly the case before, but Riot makes a very strong point, especially given that Blizzard are going to compete with them with Heroes of the Storm). It's good for everyone. Blizzard has become too complacent and sure of their enormous success no matter what.

Honestly...I would love a MOBA-style BG in WoW.....I've always thought that's how they should been when I first played DOTA on WC3 (well before WoW even came out, but well after it was announced). True, WoW didn't have BGs on launch but when I thought PVP I thought DOTA.