LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Destroy World PvP
    2. Heal for every class
    3. BElfs
    4. Remove of 40 Man Raids
    5. Fyling

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    For leveling alts in outland it kinda did trivialise it (glad it did as I hate outlands). Have they changed it for northrend? I thought it was still 77?
    You can fly from the start (or, at least, a much lower level) in Northrend now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    For leveling alts in outland it kinda did trivialise it (glad it did as I hate outlands). Have they changed it for northrend? I thought it was still 77?
    Yes, you can fly in northrend from the start on at 68. And as you say, it was much needed, because going through Outlands for the N-th time was an agony.
    I might add that you can still get a bit of that agony by starting Hellfire Peninsula at 58 rather than 60.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I found it interesting how much faster leveling was in Cataclysm content than it was in Outland/Northrend, when I leveled a new alt through them recently. They really did cut down the leveling time in Cata.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Listen, LFR and Flex has it's place. But SOMETHING needs to be done so you can't afk your way through LFR and get the same rewards as someone that actually puts inn some effort. Let me give you 2 examples.
    1. A dpser doing 40k dps, obviously afking or watching tv just mashing 1-3 buttons while not looking at his screen. Now you wouldn't bother with him in LFR.
    2. A tank dying over and over, taunting when he's not supposed to, standing in bad shit, never using his cds. He's also watching tv and not giving a flying fuck about what's going on, he would be kicked instantly.
    I can carry these people in any level of content up to, and including Heroic raid content, bar the last 3-4 bosses if I so wish. If don't, I can ask that these people are removed from the group. After that, it's up to the group or group leader; if the rest of the group (or it's leader) are fine to carry that player, then so be it.

Why? tanks are required to pay attention to be any good. Why shouldn't it be the same for dps? Yes they'll do horrible if they slack and don't pay attention but you'd still "let them be" because you don't suffer much from it. The fundamental flaw in LFR is that it is so mindbogglingly easy that you CAN watch tv, go take a piss or whatever and come back for free loot. (note that the argument isn't the reward of loot but the lack of commitment required to get said loot)
    You don't have to raid 12 hours a week to finish LFR, hell you don't even have to raid 12hrs to finish flex... If you put inn some effort you would easily, EASILY, be able to finish LFR in a 3-4 hour session (or split up over a week) if everyone in LFR knew what they were doing and actually played / payed attention.
    This isn't about being elitist and not wanting less dedicated players to get anything from playing the little time they can set aside, I get it... not everyone have the luxury of time to play all day. But if you find yourself enough time to queue for LFR you (for fucks sake) have enough time to sit at the keyboard and look at the screen.
    But that is just what it's tuned for, and the loot reflects that. Again, you perpetuating this absurd myth that LFR loot has any worth at all when it's not good enough to get you into Normal modes, but will (just) get you through Flex with an understanding group. In terms of tanking specifically, I can solo tank most bosses on my DK in LFR so the other tank can just as easily AFK.

If you don't then you're an asshole to everyone in your group and you're part of what makes the game a bad experience for others you selfish prick (not aimed at anyone here). There's also a youtuber that released his trip from freshly dinged lvl 90 to fully geared to participate in all of SoO LFR and he did no dps anywhere more or less. He followed the group and activated auto attacks, he died over and over and guess what? People didn't care, he didn't get kicked very often and he still (my big fucking issue) got the exact same rewards as the people who put inn the little bit of effort.

Investment / Effort = Rewards / better rewards.
    That's how it works. You think I got where I am by AFKing? Do you think my other Warlock pulls anything like the numbers I do on here? Do you think I attach the same value to her gear as I do my main?

I think it's about time that blizzard look at the way they reward items in LFR, not talking about giving loot to highest dps or highest healer at a higher rate. Talking about reducing the chance of loot to those who don't give any sort of effort to play the game, being bad and getting loot is allowed... not paying attention and still getting loot should not be allowed.
    They don't need to. The gear from LFR is pathetic, it's not even gearing up gear. You can't get the Glory mount from LFR, you don't get the Wolf from LFR or Flex and you don't get the Juggernaut from Normal. Each level has progressively better, exclusive rewards both cosmetically and in respect to power level. Stop deluding yourself into believing otherwise, because it's making you mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I found it interesting how much faster leveling was in Cataclysm content than it was in Outland/Northrend, when I leveled a new alt through them recently. They really did cut down the leveling time in Cata.
    Cata leveling is by far the most boring part. I have three "oh crap I don't want to do this again" moments in 1-85 leveling: Terokkar, the end of Borean Tundra and Uldum. With Uldum being by far the worst. Luckily, I can usually get 84 pretty fast in it and move to Twilight Highlands.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You can fly from the start (or, at least, a much lower level) in Northrend now.
    My mind has been officially blown. I have a hunter I think at level 72/3 with a flying mount leveling might be worth doing!

worst:
    - Flying
    - LFX
    - Not merging servers (to hell with the myth that the stock and investors will diminish and be seen as that the game is dying)
    - removal of 5 man questchains
    - making every piece of goddamn content so trivial and easy (apart from heroic raids) there is no sense in accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by dejaa View Post
    1. Hiring Tom Chilton
    fixed that for you.

Personally don't play anymore so I can say some of these pushed me to quitting;

1: Too much grinding. Okay, I might be opening myself to trolling saying an MMO is too grindy, but I didn't like the need to do so many daily quests each day for tokens of whatever.
    2: LFR. Correlates to the above, it's another thing you were coerced into doing as a high end raider just to eke out all the little advantages you could. Didn't enjoy.
    3: Flying mounts. I think they make the world feel too small and lifeless.
    4: Too much instancing. MoP added some world bosses back into the game but they're kinda underwhelming. You don't see anyone actually doing anything in the game because it's all instanced.
    5: Lack of class diversity. Warriors being able to heal themselves ridiculously. Mages getting bloodlust. Etc. Etc. Etc. It just takes away the enjoyment of picking a class, everything overlaps now and it's pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Funny how LFR (and LFD) keeps jumping up on top 5 worst lists, couldn't agree more.
    Funny how people keep saying this. What is the alternative? Spamming the trade chat in a ity LFG? A great way for people with precious little time to play. At least LFD allows them to actually play the game while queuing for a dungeon. And what if they want raid? Sorry. Need to start from the begining with heroic dungeon gear. Where are they going to get that? Friends list? Sure, if you played for years, in an active guild, raided and build up a friends list. For new players? Where are they going to find tanks and healers? As an established player, who would you choose for your dungeon group? People you know or people you don't?

And LFR? PUGs? Seen the gear requirement? They just get higher and higher. Unless people are already raiding, how are the new players going to get in?

Sounds like people who complain about LFD and LFR just wants to restrict the game to a very minority few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Funny how people keep saying this. What is the alternative? Spamming the trade chat in a ity LFG? A great way for people with precious little time to play. At least LFD allows them to actually play the game while queuing for a dungeon. And what if they want raid? Sorry. Need to start from the begining with heroic dungeon gear. Where are they going to get that? Friends list? Sure, if you played for years, in an active guild, raided and build up a friends list. For new players? Where are they going to find tanks and healers? As an established player, who would you choose for your dungeon group? People you know or people you don't?

And LFR? PUGs? Seen the gear requirement? They just get higher and higher. Unless people are already raiding, how are the new players going to get in?

Sounds like people who complain about LFD and LFR just wants to restrict the game to a very minority few.
    The issue isn't really that LFR/LFD are bad; it's the lack of support for self selected groups. That makes LFR/LFD feel like there's little alternative to it. Even now with the improved group finder tool, it's utterly lamentable that they chose to leave it hidden behind multiple unintuitive panes. I don't think it's necessarily players wanting to restrict content to ensure exclusivity (although there is absolutely a degree of that); they just want a viable alternative and not to feel like they're punished for taking it - the attitude from Blizz that it was it's own reward doesn't fit right against a backdrop of the rewards LFx offers on top of it's convenience.

It doesn't take long to find posts asking for more convenience for finding Flex/Normal/Heroic groups; even suggestions for matchmaking for them. It's really not hard to see from that that is where the problem lies and if it was easier to find those groups, then a lot of the ire towards LFx would dissipate.

1 - Flight, made the game feel smaller and made players want everything to be easier and faster
    2 - Dungeons that can be finished within 10 minutes. These aren't real dungeons, they're just boring things we sit in queues to waste half an hour with bottom grade gear
    3 - Guards on PvP realms don't mean anything. 90s can walk in eat the whole town and laugh as they corpse camp you for 20 minutes.
    4 - Valor and Justice have almost no meaning. You upgrade gear buy crappy blues, that's it. Give us a token similar to timeless that you get from doing everything in the game that we can spend on mounts, pets and other things. Lets raid and get tokens. I want to do BGs now let me get tokens from that too. Make tokens accessible to all and let everyone work towards vanity items that feel worth while.
    5 - Allowing addons to get out of hand. Who else misses the days where when you did a boss you had no idea what they were doing, it took skill. Or when damage meters didn't make other players look like noobs that you want to stab to death. Or how bout those rigged PvP addons that can track enemy players even if you're not a hunter? Yeah, you get the idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. LFR. LFD is fine IMHO (because as a raider, dungeons are trivial content anyways, so why make access to trivial content hard), but LFR should never made it into the game.
    2. removing the worldwide looking for group channel. this happend at some point douring classic. it basically was what trade chat is now. srsly, they should introduce a global-world-(nodungeons/raids/arenas/bg)chit-chat-trade-anything channel, not restricting it to main cities. this (the lack of a worldwide version of that channel) one of the main reasons why people afk in main cities.
    3. introducing 2 raid sizes. luckily this is fixed with flex-normal/heroics and 20-mythics. thank god! I don't care if its 15, 20, 25 or even 40. as long as there is only one raid size for the highest diffculty.
    4. heirlooms. well, not the heirlooms itself, but for me, I want an option to disable experience gain bonuses. Leveling is fast enough as it is, but xp bonuses (also the ones from guild level) just make it so ridiculous. But I like the scaling of the stats itself of the gear, this I am fine with.
    5. making every fricking boss encounters have a tank-switch-debuff. I know this is not really a "decision" made by blizzard, but it's so annoying it deserves a place in this list.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. CRZ - No more chasing someone from Zone to zone for revenge. Also, phasing from SW, to Elwynn, back to SW for some things (mostly world events) is horrible.

2. LFD - No more looking for help from people already on your realm. Community begins to fall to the point of not even talking in Dungeons anymore.

3. LFR - See #2

4. Scenarios - Lame excuse for not launching more 5 man content

5. Challenge Modes - See #4

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

2. LFD - No more looking for help from people already on your realm. Community begins to fall to the point of not even talking in Dungeons anymore.

3. LFR - See #2
    Help from people on the realm? If yo dou not meet their inflated DPS requirement, you don't make the group. If you are new to game, expected to be kicked from the group when their friends comes online. Ask a question for help in chat, gets stupid troll response or a look it up online.

I have not had any help from random "experienced" players in my realm. Seen the general chat lately? Full of trolls and immature jokes that people think it is still funny to link a**l skills.

The "community" fell before LFD came along.

Help came from known friends in guilds or other guilds. Not from the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Help came from known friends in guilds or other guilds. Not from the community.
    The community is made up of friends in your guild and other guilds. Not sure why you think the two are not related. Here is a prime example:

TBC: "LF5M for Kara. Need 3 DPS, 1 Heal, 1 tank. PST" - Chat back and forth, make friends, and see each other in chat.
    Today: Queue LFR. Talk to no one. - Yell at each other during fights/wipes, drop groups, never see the other person on your realm.

The more ANONYMOUS people are in your group, the less effort you put into that group. No friends, and no real accountability. When we had to rely on our own realm for stuff, assholes were blacklisted and eventually either stopped being assholes, or left the server. Now, they are back thanks to random finders and there is nothing we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nirv View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread so if you want to talk about it I gave you two methods to push three buttons and speak with me live right now. Maybe I'll post a separate thread about it on another date. For now I'm just arguing for all I've seen that the Terms of Use Policy really is strict and I've seen a lot of people lose their accounts entirely by mistake and there's no recompense for seemingly a lot of the cases. Nobody deserves that--not you, not me, not anybody.

Let me put it this way: I'm as man as man can get. If by some miracle I get my characters returned to me, you're going to see projectile tears streaming out of my face with me curled up in a fetal position. I'm not joking. That's how much effort and work and love I put into my characters. I have 9GB of screenshots alone on my hard drive right now. I've been there since pretty much the beginning and I've never been the person to ninja, rip anyone off, or bot. All my wow videos on YouTube are enthusiastic tutorials or interesting perspectives of WoW. I get chills up my spine listening to the original Stranglethorn Vale music from the vanilla OST. The nostalgia for me is overwhelming. So many good times.

The good deeds you do in wow apparently do nothing to help you should you ever get in trouble with the ToU so what's the motivation to be friendly, really? Why did I spend so much time helping others and delivering justice to those who have wronged other players that Blizzard didn't cover? This isn't some forum name that gets banned and you can just create a new one -- so much was lost, and you really don't know what you had until it's gone.
    This guys a fucking maniac. I'm sorry I missed my opportunity to make fun of him.

I hope he can read this: You're a fucking maniac dude.

Merging with Activision,after that the game went straight to hell compared to vanilla/tbc.

-Getting rid of class quests
    -getting rid of attunements
    -CRZ
    -LFD/LFR
    -Cataclysm