Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How hard is it to 1 heal heroic garrosh?

since people have started doing it for a while now I'm wondering how hard would it be for a disc priest to solo heal it?

We have a monk/dk for tanks, prolly not ideal but w/e.

Ench/moonkin/shadow/ret for off healing and cds. If 1 healing is too hard then I'm thinking we could make a resto druid just spam his version of atonement the entire fight outside of whirls? or just double disc with one guy using DPS shadow gear just atonement spamming non-stop.
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2014-01-26 at 08:35 PM.

Harder then to 2heal it, I also dont see the point, toes isnt hard.

Deleted
    Dream Paragon did it with a disc priest, but they are the top of the line on that respect.

edit: sorry, they did it with a holy priest. so not relevant. but there are other videos of a disc solohealing it.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2014-01-26 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Dream Paragon did it with a disc priest, but they are the top of the line on that respect.
    Was a holy Priest

Tell your raid to use personals off CD :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    since people have started doing it for a while now I'm wondering how hard would it be for a disc priest to solo heal it?

We have a monk/dk for tanks, prolly not ideal but w/e.

Ench/moonkin/shadow/ret for off healing and cds. If 1 healing is too hard then I'm thinking we could make a resto druid just spam his version of atonement the entire fight outside of whirls? or just double disc with one guy using DPS shadow gear just atonement spamming non-stop.
    With the gear you should have now, there's absolutely no reason to 2 heal it. Your Monk is going to rape the adds during ph1 and you can cheese the Vengeance to make the push into ph3 a joke as well. We have our dps stop on Garrosh before ph3, cause tanks are sitting at 500k+ and 250k+ vengeance, nuking the crap out of the boss. Specially during progress, solo healing will wipe you a gazillion of times, cause everyone needs to get everything right. Not a single mistake or people die.

Your Druid doesn't need to Atonement heal either, unless you have crap dps - which I don't assume, since you're about to progress on Heroic Garrosh.

About as hard as 1healing any other fight. 1healing isn't just simply about having 1 healer then doing the fight as normal, it's about having a specific raid comp with hybrids/extra raid CDs to cover specific parts of the fight and making your strategy around that 1 healer.

Deleted
    Never ever make your Druid atonement heal. It's a crap talent and you can probably get more damage out of using NV on cooldown than you get out of 20% more on Wrath. If you need a little bit more healing, make him go Boomer and offheal during Whirls if anything. But it's better to just 2-heal with current gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    We progressed 1 day with a paladin solo healing. Also not the best setup. Got till P4 so it's perfectly doable you just need to be on your toes and pay extra special attention to everything.

You can't make mistakes. Example: With 2 healers you can have 3 people not get the temple buffs. With 1 healer you can barely afford 1.

hmm ok I thought doing things like 2 disc(1 in pure dps gear) would make things easier, since you get 2 healers but they do a total of 300k+, so it's practically the same as 1 healing with a shaman or holy priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    hmm ok I thought doing things like 2 disc(1 in pure dps gear) would make things easier, since you get 2 healers but they do a total of 300k+, so it's practically the same as 1 healing with a shaman or holy priest.
    No it's not, this way you have two full healers for the moments of intense healing. Healing on Garrosh hc is mostly pretty dull, but has its intense moments (inermission AoE, Whirls). One-healing the fight will make it a lot harder for the whole raid (not necessarily for the healer), because the raid needs to move more (whirls) and CDs need to be planned carefully.

IMO 1-healing is only worth it if you have really bad dps. We do it with two healers and even though we don't actively play the 2nd transition, we only get 2 empowered whirls in P2 and only one in P3. My guess is that it's harder with only one healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonblood View Post
    Was a holy Priest
    But Divinity did it with Amabella as disc, with a fairly low ilvl compared to other kills.

Just, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    Never ever make your Druid atonement heal. It's a crap talent and you can probably get more damage out of using NV on cooldown than you get out of 20% more on Wrath. If you need a little bit more healing, make him go Boomer and offheal during Whirls if anything. But it's better to just 2-heal with current gear.
    Agreed.

Bringing 2 disc and making one of them "pure atonement heal" is just dumb and counter intuitive. Either bring 2 healers, or don't. But that 9th person should ideally have a different set of CD's than the disc priest. Having two of them doesn't make much sense in a 10m environment.
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2014-01-27 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most groups have to 2-3 heal because you have idiots who stand in obvious stuff or tunnel vision Garrosh while ignoring mechanics.

It's far easier for a group of 10-25 competent players to be 1 healed than say a flex full of LFR heroes. It's impossible to one heal that.

3 healing normal garrosh was barely an option, and only if you overgeared it.

3 healing heroic garrosh?

Not happening. Did you even read the OP? lol

Bringing 2 disc and making one of them "pure atonement heal" is just dumb and counter intuitive. Either bring 2 healers, or don't. But that 9th person should ideally have a different set of CD's than the disc priest. Having two of them doesn't make much sense in a 10m environment.
    The point of trying to 2 disc is that 2 healers would probably be overkill in 575 but 1 healing it has very little room for error. In this case the 2nd healer will probably only do 100kish hps so he might as well just wear shadow gear and just atonement spam for 200kdps+ than to get a resto druid who would do the same healing but 0dps.

Your Druid doesn't need to Atonement heal either, unless you have crap dps - which I don't assume, since you're about to progress on Heroic Garrosh.
    We're pushing him in phase 2 just as the countdown for 2nd iron stars are coming out, how's that? gona focus on doing jade serpent on the next lockout.

I might be totally dumb here, but 200k+ dps from atonement?

Atonement in my shadow set barely breaks 120k. Cleavy-goodness can get me to 150 if the stars align and the cloak procs love me.

Where are you getting this number from? Genuinely surprised/curious.

I did 115k on h blackfuse and that's with healing and not 100% uptime due to lasers and other crap.

Add in a multistrike trinket instead of samophlange, 50% haste(instead of 1.85%), glyph of smite, and just pure atonement healing, I can see 180-200k single target being possible.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That much seems achievable. My priest with 540 iLvL (ToT gear) did right around 130k DPS on Heroic Norushen the second week. I imagine with 20 to 25 iLvLs and more optimization I could bump that up by a considerable amount. Especially considering my trinkets were the shadopan valor trinket and horridons, lol.

1 healing today isn't as hard as 1 healing it was a couple months ago. Even then when you 1 heal something it's not just your healer being uber, but how you plan around it. If you're going in with less healing it's fairly obvious you need to be on point with hybrid and other raid CDs, along with minimizing mistakes. Having that one healer be amazing is certainly part of the puzzle, but you make or break the strategy based on your raid composition and also ultimately your DPS.

We always 2 heal the boss and the only part of the encounter that looks exceptionally hard to single heal is the first intermission. But again, it's largely dependent on what raid CDs you have access too. We've done the first intermission with 5-6 people not getting the buff and have had zero deaths.

If you're going to single heal it I would only do it under one circumstance, that being you obviously don't have two empowered whirls in P3 (you shouldn't) or you don't even do the second intermission. With a disc priest healer soloing, you really have to be on point in the first intermission. Disc isn't the best healer for topping people off after they have a health deficit, so having people missing the buff is probably going to cause wipes (except for the tank). You don't have a prot paladin but having them soak the smashes with the buff for well over 500k AP helps make up for the other healer.

That said if you have the option of doing double disc, I would do double disc and just go from there. It's a far better alternative to two healing with one non-DPS healer and it's far safer than single healing. You can pretty much atonement the entire time, you won't have 2 empowered whirls and both of you can probably pump DPS almost the entire encounter. Two archangel halos going off for every whirl and alternating spirit shell means you probably won't need any other CDs.

Someone telling you that double disc is stupid is completely wrong. Honestly it's probably the best composition and the safest. You can make mistakes with two healers as opposed to one. I probably wouldn't have them use a shadow setup though, going pure crit like most discs is probably the best way to go. Double disc halo is retarded for whirls, you can save barriers for the first intermission and alternative halos in there to make it super safe. The added DPS helps a lot, especially for the P3 burn and even P4. P4 is 'easy' but it can get hairy, extra DPS helps a lot. If you are sloppy with malice and go with one healer someone is probably going to die.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2014-01-27 at 08:29 PM.

I should elaborate: I don't think bringing 2 disc priests with 1 in DPS gear optimized to use atonement only is worth it.

I just don't think it's sustainable to have one do atonement in DPS gear for 10 minutes without mana issues. It's better to bring 2 healers (disc or druid even, depends on your dps) than to bring one optimized to dps as disc. Just bring two disc priests in disc gear. For the exact reason stated-- a disc priest isn't the most ideal for topping people off in a "oo shit" situation compared to other throughput healers in 10H (in 25's, disc throughput is actually well off.)

What you REALLY need a MW monk.
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2014-01-27 at 09:00 PM.