10+ Year Old Account

Brewmaster going from 10 to 25

Anyone who has done this have any tips? My old guild disbanded and now I'm likely going to a similar progressed 25H guild from a 10 man. I think Ill roll with the tank meta for every fight and probably the tank cloak on some like Siegecrafter H. Ill also probably use more mastery for example I'm at about 6,800 raid buffed and thinking of going into the 12k range until I get more comfortable and then bump it up again for Paragons H 25.

Also anything like play-style changes more guards and purifys or just get more mastery and sit at red for longer until it gets far too high? Would be helpful if any 25 man brewmasters or monks who have done the same change that I may do next week to give advice.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    Anyone who has done this have any tips? My old guild disbanded and now I'm likely going to a similar progressed 25H guild from a 10 man. I think Ill roll with the tank meta for every fight and probably the tank cloak on some like Siegecrafter H. Ill also probably use more mastery for example I'm at about 6,800 raid buffed and thinking of going into the 12k range until I get more comfortable and then bump it up again for Paragons H 25.

Also anything like play-style changes more guards and purifys or just get more mastery and sit at red for longer until it gets far too high? Would be helpful if any 25 man brewmasters or monks who have done the same change that I may do next week to give advice.
    Go full survivability until you know you can scale it back. Use the Tank cloak and tank meta. The difference isn't 2.5x damage, but its a pretty big jump, there should be more guarding needed, more purifying, more everything. its not an easy change for tanks to make.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

In 25M you should worry a lot less about doing damage as the enrage timers are nowhere near as tight as they are in 10M, make sure you're getting a lot of mastery (I'd say at least 11k Mastery first starting out, maybe even push 12k if you can. The damage is around 1.5x 10M is I would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK thanks, Ill re-gem all my gear soon and make some adjustments to play style once I start raiding in 25 man.

My guild is merging to a 25 man this week with me staying main tank. I think they will start over for normals though for the newcomers we are getting then move to heroics next week. Any gear changes you would suggest for me? I'm currently 3/14H in 10m and never had any issues with staying alive/dps etc.

//us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Gweilo/simple

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    My guild is merging to a 25 man this week with me staying main tank. I think they will start over for normals though for the newcomers we are getting then move to heroics next week. Any gear changes you would suggest for me? I'm currently 3/14H in 10m and never had any issues with staying alive/dps etc.

//us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Gweilo/simple
    Read above or check the other threads, the suggestions that everyone else gets apply to you as well.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch