Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    You'd be surprised about the amount of WoW players that play with lower end PC's. Heck there's many, many WoW players who only play WoW and don't play other games, with many hardly knowing much more about gaming in general. I used to think such a statement would be ridiculous but now I'm meeting people like that all the time that run WoW on the lowest settings. I would not be surprised if they lost 15% of their player base with such a move.
    It depends on your frame of reference though when you refer to "lower end PC's". A low end PC in 2014 doesn't compare with a PC from 2005. That's how I took the comment you referenced. I'm all for WoW not requiring a $200 video card, but if you're playing on a machine that you got when you started high school and you're out of college ... for cryin' out loud get a better machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Krizak View Post
    Let's talk about a theoretical person named Bob. Bob works a crappy 9-to-5 job to support his family; at least, it's supposed to be 9-to-5, but he ends up having to put in a lot of unpaid overtime to make deadlines. Between rent, utility bills, food, school expenses for his two kids, he doesn't have much money at all for entertainment. He could save up for a few months and buy a new PC game, but all the games released today have requirements far beyond the PC he still has from college. Console games would require investing in, well, a console. But his old rig still runs WoW, and $15 a month? That he can manage. It's actually a lot of entertainment for his money, with new raids coming out periodically, PvPing, questing, all sorts of things to do. It's just a great way to unwind after a grueling day at the office.

But then one day, Mike Morhaime suddenly gets hit by a bus, and a man named Kelliak learns that he was somehow related to the dearly departed Mr. Morhaime, and he has inherited a controlling interest in Blizzard Entertainment. Kelliak wastes no time installing himself at the top of Blizzard's command structure, and he has a new direction for WoW, a brighter, more ELITE future for the game. Graphics artists are hired by the truckload to produce the new, high-resolution graphics that'll cover every inch of the game world, and soon, WoW is indistinguishable from any game produced in the year 2014.

Of course, sacrifices have to be made, and unfortunately, the new WoW just won't run on Bob's old computer. Separated from both his source entertainment and the social groups WoW let him interact with, Bob seeks out a new thrill to spend his meager entertainment budget on, and he finds it in cheap beer. Bob soon becomes a drunkard. He loses his job. His family leaves him.

But hey! At least WoW is pretty again, right?

Her face is expressionless for a reason. It is becoming apparent that the more opinionated people are the ones who understand the least.

Deleted
    Seriously if they ever put back the Tyrael's Charger, into the Store or whatever, im unsubbing instantly, cross my heart, feel free to quote me on this.
    I'm not riding it in particular, and most definitly not anywhere close to the favorites of my collection, but it was given as an EXCLUSIVE reward for the annual pass (regardless of how retarded that was). I'm getting sick and tired of Blizzard caving to the tears of the people who simply couldnt afford it at the time or simply werent playing yet back then. Sorry bro, it was an exclusive thing at the time, maybe you can get something else next time. So be it. Deal with it.

Sorry for my rant, but this is just the way i feel, and its been buggin me all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    And the horribly low poly hair is absolutely hilarious, compare this to models and hair designs in SL where it's done by amateurs instead of a supposedly 'professional' company as Blizzard:
    2014, and people still don't understand what art direction is. Mindblowing.

And the horribly low poly hair is absolutely hilarious, compare this to models and hair designs in SL where it's done by amateurs instead of a supposedly 'professional' company as Blizzard:

Guy who thinks he knows what he is talking about?

Check!

Don't say stupid things when you don't have a clue about the process companies go through to keep in an art style.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Seriously if they ever put back the Tyrael's Charger, into the Store or whatever, im unsubbing instantly, cross my heart, feel free to quote me on this.
    I'm not riding it in particular, and most definitly not anywhere close to the favorites of my collection, but it was given as an EXCLUSIVE reward for the annual pass (regardless of how retarded that was). I'm getting sick and tired of Blizzard caving to the tears of the people who simply couldnt afford it at the time or simply werent playing yet back then. Sorry bro, it was an exclusive thing at the time, maybe you can get something else next time. So be it. Deal with it.

Sorry for my rant, but this is just the way i feel, and its been buggin me all day.
    It's for people who didn't have the option to subscribe, because of various reasons, in different regions. That's what I gathered from the post, but I might have misread.

Either way, if they were to put it in the US stores, I wouldn't care. I mean, I did at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was being an ass. Come on, D3 for free, a beta key, and a mount, for playing WoW for a year. (Was that everything? I think so..) Damn. Some people just don't have the option. Some can only afford WoW here and there, but they might be able to save up, or get money from holidays, to get that mount in stores, and who am to say "NO IT'S MINE MINE MINE NO TOUCHY" because I was fortune enough to be able to pay all year round (which I was gonna do anyway) and get a bunch of free shit? I don't want to be "That Guy" who cries when Blizz wants to give people the chance to get something again, who might not have had the chance the first time around..

I mean, I understand there is a line to this way of thinking, and I understand where you're coming from but I understand theirs too. But...I don't know. n_n;

/stares longingly at Zergling pet

Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    We want to keep the proportions as similar to the original models as possible
    Well. I guess there's no hope for the human male, then. How about those playable High Elves, again...?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well. I guess there's no hope for the human male, then. How about those playable High Elves, again...?
    If the humans will be anything like the dorfs , then i think we will be fine . if u like dorfs that is

The comment about the Human female body being waifish must be from one of those people that wants realism, but doesn't actually know what it is. The new body is the same size but with more muscle tone, which fits more in a WAR world.

Deleted
    I love the new female model! I Can't wait for the female night elf now ;.; Gonna be so pretty!

While yes the graphics done by "Amateurs" are amazing at times ... SL still runs like shit from all the stuff running in the background, and struggles to load. Even on my friends crazy ass computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted

Keep in mind though, this game's engine is NINE years old... NIIINE.

They even said at Blizzcon that this is the max their engine could take, any more and the engine would crash.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to see the human male model though!
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2014-01-27 at 09:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    God. I hope they don't take any complaints about the model revamps seriously. Last time they altered art because of fan feedback we got the worgen female model travesty.
    Except that was because it was rushed and unfinished, not just because of a redesign. Let's not forget that the males turned out just fine.

Sig by Isilrien

15+ Year Old Account
    Something must be wrong with his computer then. I run at 100 FPS even in 100 man combat raids in Second Life.

And the 'updated' WoW human model looks like absolute tripe and shite in comparison with what is possible in Second Life, where the engine allows you to build your own environments, housing, clothing, and combat rules.
    ...SL has combat??

Sig by Isilrien

I think they've done a great job with the updates. It's a role playing game and they're right - the basic character is important to remain intact. The people that argue "they didn't look at their character/don't care, update more!" should realize that their argument is over - they don't care about/look at their character so why does it matter?

Looking forward to the rest of the updates!

I really don't understand why you would put Laughing Skull and Cho'gall together. They are both heavily one sided to the Horde. Then you throw in Auch, which is closer to even, but you will still have a huge Horde advantage on the 3 servers. If they think this will make more people play Alliance over there, then I want some of what they are smoking. If anything it will drive more Alliance off the server leaving it just the way it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuj0u812 View Post
    I really don't understand why you would put Laughing Skull and Cho'gall together. They are both heavily one sided to the Horde. Then you throw in Auch, which is closer to even, but you will still have a huge Horde advantage on the 3 servers. If they think this will make more people play Alliance over there, then I want some of what they are smoking. If anything it will drive more Alliance off the server leaving it just the way it started.
    Just to reiterate what blizz keeps saying, they're NOT balancing factions, just merging servers to give more pop.

Deleted
    They should still have the old models as default, so the returning players will have a familiar character to come back to and so Blizzard won't be in such a hurry to finish them and can concentrate more on actual game play issues. If some of the new models come atleast in some point of the expansion, it's still better than the dance studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Krizak View Post
    Let's talk about a theoretical person named Bob. Bob works a crappy 9-to-5 job to support his family; at least, it's supposed to be 9-to-5, but he ends up having to put in a lot of unpaid overtime to make deadlines. Between rent, utility bills, food, school expenses for his two kids, he doesn't have much money at all for entertainment. He could save up for a few months and buy a new PC game, but all the games released today have requirements far beyond the PC he still has from college. Console games would require investing in, well, a console. But his old rig still runs WoW, and $15 a month? That he can manage. It's actually a lot of entertainment for his money, with new raids coming out periodically, PvPing, questing, all sorts of things to do. It's just a great way to unwind after a grueling day at the office.

But then one day, Mike Morhaime suddenly gets hit by a bus, and a man named Kelliak learns that he was somehow related to the dearly departed Mr. Morhaime, and he has inherited a controlling interest in Blizzard Entertainment. Kelliak wastes no time installing himself at the top of Blizzard's command structure, and he has a new direction for WoW, a brighter, more ELITE future for the game. Graphics artists are hired by the truckload to produce the new, high-resolution graphics that'll cover every inch of the game world, and soon, WoW is indistinguishable from any game produced in the year 2014.

Of course, sacrifices have to be made, and unfortunately, the new WoW just won't run on Bob's old computer. Separated from both his source entertainment and the social groups WoW let him interact with, Bob seeks out a new thrill to spend his meager entertainment budget on, and he finds it in cheap beer. Bob soon becomes a drunkard. He loses his job. His family leaves him.

But hey! At least WoW is pretty again, right?
    Yo, Bob needs a new job or needs to quit sucking at his current one that he has all those unpaid overtime hours to meet deadlines. He needs to put his money into night classes to educate himself on finances. No one that is cutting it that close from paycheck to paycheck should be wasting money on a subscription based video game. SPEND TIME WITH YOUR DAMN WIFE AND KIDS BOB!!!

Seriously tho, they can update f'n 10 year old models finally, stop complaining. Bob can still play minesweeper with his windows 98.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what the haters think. They did an awesome job with the new female human model, considering how old the game engine is.

Looking forward to the rest!