New to brewmaster Need some help with build and stuff :D

Hello ladies and gentlemen

i am new to the tank and specially brew master Monk. i Read a lot of guides and watched so much videos but i still have problems when it comes to build and Trinket choice. Currently i am going with a mastery heavy build and 4800 haste but when i look around i found most of the brew master monks in the world are going with a full crit build. i tried the full crit build once when i had 10 ilvls less then now and i wanted to know if i should try the crit build again or not and for the bis trinkets also i wanna know what should i use and what are the best tank wise and dps wise. and does the 4 set bonus worth not using 2 heroic pieces.

unfortunately i cannot link in this post because i am new to the mmo-champions forum

-eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Funx/advanced

Thanks For helping.

Excuse my bad English

/funx
    Last edited by Brander; 2014-01-27 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    If im correct stacking mastery is better for 25 man and crit is much better for 10. My main spec is WW but i have to sometimes take the tanking duty and i go with a crit build and havent faced troubles yet.

thanks Sähäri.
    and yeah forgot to mention that i am raiding 10 man and we are starting to progress on thok this week and i am going to solo tank it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few thumb of rules:
    First of all you should try to aim for around 8k haste. When deciding between crit and mastery you have to ask yourself if you want to be more durable(mastery) or if you want to do more dps(crit). In 10 mans tank dps matters a lot more so it's usually good to aim for a heavy crit build. However, going heavy crit is also more demanding to play because you rely a lot on your active mitigation. As a beginner you should probably start off with more mastery and start switching it to crit once you get more comfortable with Brewmasters.

You don't really need 8k haste, 5-6k is probably more than enough. If you are going more mastery it isn't necessarily a bad thing though, as you'll be purifying more.
    Mastery is a decent idea especially if you're starting your tanking career on Heroic Thok. That doesn't necessarily mean you need to gear and gem all toward it. You can probably get away with gemming toward all crit and reforging to mastery.
    Don't ignore socket bonuses if you can help it. Red = crit/exp, yellow = crit, blue = crit/hit ... is a good rule of thumb for gemming.
    Going that route and reforging to mastery should net you roughly 54% crit and 10-11k mastery unbuffed. You can micromanage to fit your needs from there.
    I would look into maybe swapping your shoulder and leg enchants for the agility/crit ones, and change your chest enchant to stats instead of stam.
    Your Rook's trinket is a pretty good choice for thok specifically, though I would definitely dump the Jugg's Crystal. That thing is garbage. Try to get yourself a TED off normal Siegecrafter, it's pretty great all around for both tanking and dps specs.
    For fights where you don't need the extra dmg reduction CD of rooks, a Haromm's trinket or even Thoks str/amplification trinket, are both good choices.

Jugg Crystal is a big no-no. It's worthless. TED from Siege is faaaaar better. For Thok heroic, I tanked him in my full crit build, which is 7.4k unbuffed Mastery, 9-10k Haste (for that fight only) and 60% unbuffed crit. Tank Cloak, Rook Trinket + CD Reduction Trinket. It probably would've been wise to go for a little more of a mastery heavy build, especially for a first kill. But with 7.4k unbuffed mastery I was able to do most attempts without my cloak proccing or anything, its really just about proper CD usage. The key to that fight (which I learned over time) is don't worry about your stagger so much. If you purify everytime its red you're gonna still let shuffle fall off. I made it a rule to not purify unless stagger was like 120k+, worked fine for me, I was very healable. Also, make good use of your GotOx orbs around you, they'll save you a ton of times. Set cd rotations around your GotOx Orbs. In order to make sure we had enough cds I would keep a period of time where I had no CDs up and just strictly healed myself with orbs for 5-10 secs.

Thanks to all of you guys and for the great tips you gave me.

but i still wounder if the 4set bonus is worth going for it with 2 normal pieces or instead go for 3 heroic pieces.

also i have 1 heroic iron jugg mace and a normal fist weapon is it worth to go for 1 hand because i heard it better then 2 hands.

1H Gives slightly more Elusive Brew procs, while Dual Wield will give more dancing steel procs (dps). The 4 Piece, IMO, sucks. I used it for a little while, but replaced it once I realized how bad it was. maybe for 25m It is good, but for 10m I feel like I don't take enough damage for it to be relevant. Thats personal preference, though. I use the Chest/Leg Tier pieces, and then I use Iron Juggs shoulders, Immerseus' Helm, and the Norushen gloves. All personal preference though, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember having to tank Megeara HC as my first boss, fuck me the red head hits like a truck thank god for diffuse magic I did it with full crit gear in ilvl 510 gear at the time, so I didn't really overgear the content, but since its Thok you'll probably want to go mastery