Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Are people really using bladestorm as prot? Sounds pretty horrible considering it goes on weapon damage and does not scale as well with vengeance as dragon roar and you cannot use shield slam or revenge to generate rage for AM during the time. With alternating banners and TC, leap, DR should be enough to gather up the adds. Streaming adds are indeed annoying but you just have to try and get as many as possible with TC, use leap for next set, TC, DR, TC again etc. If a dps randomly gets aggro on a single add just let them tank it for a while if more adds are spawning.

Your DPS crew will love you for having double warrior tanks... 2 skull banners /drool

Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    Are people really using bladestorm as prot? Sounds pretty horrible considering it goes on weapon damage and does not scale as well with vengeance as dragon roar and you cannot use shield slam or revenge to generate rage for AM during the time.
    Its great for adds on Immerseus. Its up for pretty much every wave of adds too because of the long split phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    snip
    I never said paladin aoe was stronger, i clearly said warrior aoe is very strong. But in the scenario of immersus and picking up streaming adds, the topic being discussed, paladins has it easier.
    You get them just by healing aggro, so yeh lol.
    But even then picking up streaming adds that has to be constantly aggrod on short intervals, paladin wins.

Warriors get either dragon roar or bladestorm, not both. Dragon roar has very high DR on multiple targets and diminishes greatly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    Are people really using bladestorm as prot?
    Dragon roar has insanely high DR on multiple targets and diminishes greatly, bladestorm does not and does more dps on multiple adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    [B]You get them just by healing aggro, so yeh lol.

Warriors get either dragon roar or bladestorm, not both. Dragon roar has very high DR on multiple targets and diminishes greatly.
    Huh? Hokay.

Deleted
    Huh? What are you guys talking about?
    My main is prot warrior (not double prot tho).
    But how are you finding trouble picking up the adds? I've never had that issue. We just have our dps keep close to one another (everyone runs on the same "slice" on the floor) and after a couple of waves of adds spawn (about 15 adds on first blast) I leap on them and then I just thunderclap on cd with revenge & sometimes cleave in between thunderclaps. I have thunderclap glyphed for more initial damage and for me it looks like just thunderclaping on cd hold the add aggro pretty well. Also I run with bladestorm on that fight, because when adds start coming thats when the other tank takes the boss off me so I got high vengeance rolling. Leap on them, thunderclap, bloodbath+bladestorm, thunderclap, revenge x2-3, thunderclap. No issues with aggro.

And off-topic, I'm really surprised at some of the responses in this thread. Either some of you didn't play a warrior post-5.4 or you're just bad players. Warriors have no issues taking/holding aggro, aoe is nice. Revenges procing left and right (just do the parry build). After 5.4 damage that a warrior tank can put out is pretty amazing too.

If they have problem with aoe tanking let em put DPS legendary cloak for aoe proc (im using it as prot warr on hc immerseus and galakras).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Lets compare, shall we ?

Warrior: Thunderclap, 6-9 second cd, also applies deep wounds.

Paladin: Hammer of the righteous ~3,5s cd. Consecration, ~6s cd, 9 sec duration. Avengers shield ~11s, also proc based. (Glyphed holy wrath?)

I left out bladestorm as its a talent, same as i left out lvl 90 talents for palas. No sane warrior would ever use cleave...

So yeh, what do you want me to try on paladin for a week ?
    With that said, warrior sustained aoe is strong, very strong. Just waves of adds is our weak point, as was the topic of this thread.
    That's funny. Not trying to troll but anyone that has played a paladin or spoken to a paladin knows our AOE is broken compared to almost every tanking class.

Deleted
    Why would you rule out Cleave as a warrior aoe tanking? Sure its not the most threat effective attack there is, but not every attack can be. Its still very good for aoe threat when you have endless rage anyway. Saying its not used for aoe threat is simply dumb.