Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    snip 2
    I agree, Lilo and Stitch is easily my favorite Disney movie. I like Stitch and the other aliens, but I would still love the movie (maybe even love it more) if they weren't in the story and it was just about Nani and Lilo. Like, Nani and Lilo adopt a dog because Nani knows Lilo needs a friend, and Lilo being Lilo picks the most hyper, trouble-making dog she can, and basically the dog would replace Stitch but the story wouldn't be focused on the dog, which gives the story more time to develop Nani, Lilo, and David. Nani and Lilo are such great characters, there was so much thought put into them and their relationship, and even David is a pretty well written character even though he's not in the movie as much.

Treasure Planet is similar, it has characters that are there mainly for comic relief (ugh, I hate B.E.N. so much.. and the fart-noise alien) but the focus is on the father-son relationship between Jim and Silver. Jim's story with his father abandoning him and his mother and his mother being a single parent trying to run a business while raising a troubled kid is very realistic. Silver is so well written and Jim and his mother are such realistic, relatable characters, and visually the movie is stunning and so creative, I fucking love Treasure Planet. The ending is happy but it isn't without it's losses, and I just think Treasure Planet is criminally underappreciated and even though it isn't as great as Lilo and Stitch, it does so much right that it's flaws are forgivable... except for B.E.N.

I like Frozen but I think it could have been so much better. I guess I just think Frozen should have had Elsa as the main character instead of Anna, because Elsa is a much more interesting and deep character that people can relate to. Hans also feels kind of unnecessary, I like him but I think the movie would have been fine without him. I love Olaf, he's so cute and funny while still being able to be emotional, I think him and Elsa are great characters but the rest are a bit bland. Also, I fucking hate that troll song near the end.. that killed the dramatic mood, the rest of the songs are great though.

Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, The Lion King, Mulan, Wreck-it Ralph would probably be my top 5. Tangled, Hercules, The Rescuers, and Sleeping Beauty are favorites as well

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the Hercules hate It's the only one of these movies that I actually kept watching as a kid because stuff like the Hydra, Hades, The Titans, and that river of souls captured my imagination more than lions, a mermaid and a tranny (I joke). Rescuers just really weirded me out for some reason.

Lion King, of course.

HAKUNA MATATA, BITCHES

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    I don't get the Hercules hate It's the only one of these movies that I actually kept watching as a kid because stuff like the Hydra, Hades, The Titans, and that river of souls captured my imagination more than lions, a mermaid and a tranny (I joke). Rescuers just really weirded me out for some reason.
    It's just an odd choice of styles. Let's make a movie about Greek Mythology (butchering it by the way) but we're Disney. We need music. CHRISTIAN GOSPEL STYLE! PERFECT!

It's just such a typical story, too.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think people really hate it. It just not as good as some of the others so people talk down about it in comparison.

1. The Little Mermaid
    2. Aladdin
    3. The Lion King
    4. Hercules
    5. Beauty and The Beast

10+ Year Old Account
    Hercules! Come out and Face me!

I think I've seen it like 50 times and i have a crush on Hercules Made me fall in love with Greek mythology ever since i was a child :P Not a fan of the others except mulan...

1. The Lion King
    2. Aladdin
    3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

These are the main 3 for me, with Hunchback my personal number 1, but The Lion King a far too clear cut overall winner in my opinion. Hunchback felt like Disney doing something almost dangerous by their own standards, it was dark, malevolent and very non-pc compared to their usual faire. Hellfire is still one of my favourite Disney songs ever:

Despite all of this, The Lion King is just too damn good to ignore or deny the top slot.

1. Lion King
    2. Mulan
    3. Beauty and the Beast
    4. Hunchback
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    These are the main 3 for me, with Hunchback my personal number 1, but The Lion King a far too clear cut overall winner in my opinion. Hunchback felt like Disney doing something almost dangerous by their own standards, it was dark, malevolent and very non-pc compared to their usual faire. Hellfire is still one of my favourite Disney songs ever:
    Yeah, Hunchback was probably Disney's darkest movie ever. (Maybe.) My only complaints are that sometimes the songs got a bit boring to have to sit through (save for Hellfire.), also the gargoyles.
    Don't really hate Hercules, I like it fine. Just for a Disney movie, it felt extremely lackluster -- especially a Disney movie set in ancient greece. Come on now, can you just imagine.

What was got was, eh, it was fine. Not as amazing as it really could have been though.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-01-30 at 06:33 PM.

Not that I didn't like Rescuers Down Under, but it's not in the same tier as the others. The rest are all awesome Disney classics though. Picking one is hard, most of them are actually sort of epic in terms of scale.

Hunchback, Tarzan and Lion King are probably my top ones.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-01-31 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    1. The Lion King - Great voice acting (Jeremy Irons as Scar and Rowan Atkinson as Zazu in particular), a good balance between comedy and tragedy, memorable characters, great songs and beautiful animation.
    2. Beauty and the Beast - There's something extremely likeable about Belle, love the songs and the supporting characters are used to great effect.
    3. Hunchback of Notre Dame - Definitely one of the darker disney animated films, some ugly topics raised - bigotry, persecution, religious fanatacism, but dealt with very deftly, imo.
    4. Mulan - The Butt-kickingest of the Disney princesses. Great fun
    5. Aladdin - It's got all the ingredients of a Disney classic - good score, good voice acting, humour, romance and it's an enjoyable film. It's not a stand-out movie for me though. A good all-rounder.
    6. The Little Mermaid - Another good all-rounder, Ariel detracts for a very good supporting cast of characters, unfortunately.
    7. Hercules - I actually quite enjoyed this one, but points off for being yet another film which butchers Greek mythology beyond recognition. And they used the name Hercules instead of Heracles/Herakles despite the rest of the characters being called by their Greek and not their Roman names.
    8. Tarzan - It's alright. Not particularly memorable.
    9. Pochahontas - It's alright but very preachy.

I haven't seen The Rescuers Down Under, only The Rescuers.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP