Discussion about Garrisons

So I was wondering do you think they will make Garrisons server/account bound when you consider that if someone had 11 characters on a server all with garrisons farming ore that you would be making massive amounts of gold.

Currently with farms you can make 1.6 spirit of harmony per character which is 11 per week if you had 11 characters that is 121 spirits in 1 week. each spirit of harmony is 2 golden lotus that is 242 Golden lotus per week. 1 golden lotus + 4 pandaria herb is 1 flask which means you are making 242 flasks + procs on my server flasks are going for 49G 99S that has me making around 12k gold per week.

Now if we were to compare to the information we got on garrisons from blizzcon (I will link to the photos I am looking at)
    A level 1 Mine, with what we know as he current maximum amount of followers, would net you 4 Ore/Hour.
    That is 96 Ore per day.
    That's 672 Ore per week.
    If you have 11 Garrisons, that's 7,392 Ore per week.
    and that would be the minimum at a level 1 mine and even if blizzard decided that is way to much and decided to shift those numbers down to 1 ore per hour that is still 3,696 per week. Now if we were to assume each building could have 4 followers in a cap level mine 4 followers, at 2/hr, would net 14,784 Ore per week.

These are links to the pictures I am basing this off: Picture 1 Picture 2
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

with my 11 characters instead of spirits i am mining ore and i make an average of 4 bars of trillium ore and 8 bars of ghost iron ore per character per day wich is 308 trillium bars and 600~ ghost iron bars per week. Out of the 308 trillium bars i make 21-25 Living Steels on 3 alchemists (with procs) and the rest smelt into daily BS CD's and daily Engeneering CD's.

Anyway i am pretty sure that selling the raw ore without any further added value on it will result in more than the money you make harvesting spirits.
    Because right now the 308 trillium bars would sell for 12k .

Presumably the ore will sell for less if it becomes massively common, wouldn't it?

In any case, wish I could make 12k a week. I should get over this terrible hoarding habit I have. You'd shudder to hear how many Spirits of Harmony I have across eight characters.

I'm fairly certain they'll end up making garrisons account bound. It just doesn't make sense not to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yogzula View Post
    I'm fairly certain they'll end up making garrisons account bound. It just doesn't make sense not to.
    to be frank i dont want garrisons to be account wide for several reasons.
    i like to build the garrisons around my char,it was said at blizzcon you get special bonuses after hitting level 3 with garrisons.i dont want to change my garrisons everytime i play a different char.
    i also wished you could use the mobile armory app to send your followers on quests

To have the garrison account wide they need to make it larger. As long as there are more building types than building spaces it makes all the sense in the world to have the garrison character based instead of account based. different choices, different bonus, different characters.

Personally, i would like it to be account wide, but as i said, making it large enough to be able to have everything.

The intent is to make building up your garrison, at least the first tier, integral to the leveling process. Having the Garrison be account bound would mean that, once your garrison is maxed, leveling an alt in WoD would be even more tedious and less rewarding than any other expansion to date. So unless they drastically rewrite their leveling design (which at this point would be a big undertaking) than I highly doubt this will end up as account bound.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It won't be. It'll be just like the farm obviously.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like you're suggesting that Blizzard should do something that slaps the people with all eleven slots filled with maxxed-out characters and says "anything more than four is too much!"

I approve.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    So I was wondering do you think they will make Garrisons server/account bound when you consider that if someone had 11 characters on a server all with garrisons farming ore that you would be making massive amounts of gold.

Currently with farms you can make 1.6 spirit of harmony per character which is 11 per week if you had 11 characters that is 121 spirits in 1 week. each spirit of harmony is 2 golden lotus that is 242 Golden lotus per week. 1 golden lotus + 4 pandaria herb is 1 flask which means you are making 242 flasks + procs on my server flasks are going for 49G 99S that has me making around 12k gold per week.

Now if we were to compare to the information we got on garrisons from blizzcon (I will link to the photos I am looking at)
    A level 1 Mine, with what we know as he current maximum amount of followers, would net you 4 Ore/Hour.
    That is 96 Ore per day.
    That's 672 Ore per week.
    If you have 11 Garrisons, that's 7,392 Ore per week.
    and that would be the minimum at a level 1 mine and even if blizzard decided that is way to much and decided to shift those numbers down to 1 ore per hour that is still 3,696 per week. Now if we were to assume each building could have 4 followers in a cap level mine 4 followers, at 2/hr, would net 14,784 Ore per week.

These are links to the pictures I am basing this off: Picture 1 Picture 2
    That's a big part of why I think they'll be faction/server bound. Makes them easier to balance in addition to the rest of the benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It sounds like you're suggesting that Blizzard should do something that slaps the people with all eleven slots filled with maxxed-out characters and says "anything more than four is too much!"

I approve.
    There's no good fix here. If you restrict alts, then people quit. If you nerf the ore per hour, players feel forced to roll 11 alts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's a big part of why I think they'll be faction/server bound. Makes them easier to balance in addition to the rest of the benefits.

- - - Updated - - -
    I agree i think they are more likely to be server/faction bound than account bound

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I approve.
    I do not think someone should be punished for have 11 alt characters but I also agree with the fact that there is no good fix for the situation If you restrict alts, then people quit. If you nerf the ore per hour, players feel forced to roll 11 alts is exactly the situation I and my friends are currently in keep in mind as well that some of us want to transfer servers and faction in the expansion and doing that for 11 characters so we can maintain not only are character roster but garrisons for profit is a lot of money somewhere around 550 dollars for 10 characters considering you can free 90 one with the expansions release.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Faction/server bound would cause more problems than it helps IMO.

For factions: guarantee you if they do this I'm going to boost an alliance character to 90. It'll just be a complicated workaround. And it'll be a hindrance to non-min/max players (majority of players)

Server bound: MASSIVE advantage to those on connected realms. If they fix that I'd be fine with it.

Anyways, I'd really dislike account wide because you can't have every building. My main will be using the most optimal buildings for raiding. I'd like to actually customize my garrisons on alts.

I would be a fan of account limits though: eg only x amount of ore per account per day. And some ridiculously high limit so you couldn't hit it on a single character.

- - - Updated - - -

The worry to me is if its too automated once you set it up and are too powerful. I care very little for min/maxing gold but I believe you would farm more ghost iron ore actually mining than time planting it on your farm?

If its like that I don't see it as being a problem, if it requires more effort than actually going around mining it, I doubt it'd be abused by those with 22 alts.

But if its quicker and possibly more importantly effortless, to get them through your garrison, then there's a problem possibly.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-01-30 at 12:19 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Faction/server bound would cause more problems than it helps IMO.

For factions: guarantee you if they do this I'm going to boost an alliance character to 90. It'll just be a complicated workaround. And it'll be a hindrance to non-min/max players (majority of players)

Server bound: MASSIVE advantage to those on connected realms. If they fix that I'd be fine with it.

Anyways, I'd really dislike account wide because you can't have every building. My main will be using the most optimal buildings for raiding. I'd like to actually customize my garrisons on alts.

I would be a fan of account limits though: eg only x amount of ore per account per day. And some ridiculously high limit so you couldn't hit it on a single character.

- - - Updated - - -

The worry to me is if its too automated once you set it up and are too powerful. I care very little for min/maxing gold but I believe you would farm more ghost iron ore actually mining than time planting it on your farm?

If its like that I don't see it as being a problem, if it requires more effort than actually going around mining it, I doubt it'd be abused by those with 22 alts.

But if its quicker and possibly more importantly effortless, to get them through your garrison, then there's a problem possibly.
    I don't think server/faction bound causes any problem. It's no different than the old DK restriction or the old PvP restriction.

Yes, with 1 per faction/server you can build them faster with more alts. But there's no incentive to do so, you still get the same benefit when maxed out. Look at it this way...

1 per character

Level 3 Garrison with 1 character: 500 <Item> per Hour

Level 3 Garrison with 11 characters: 5500 <Item> per Hour

1 per server/faction

Level 3 Garrison with 11 characters: 500 <Item> per Hour
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They talked about them being unique to the character. However, the kind of people who would be concerned about the lost potential gold from garrisons are already farming at Halfhill on 11 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I don't think server/faction bound causes any problem. It's no different than the old DK restriction or the old PvP restriction.

Yes, with 1 per faction/server you can build them faster with more alts. But there's no incentive to do so, you still get the same benefit when maxed out. Look at it this way...

1 per character

Level 3 Garrison with 11 characters: 5500 <Item> per Hour

1 per server/faction

Level 3 Garrison with 11 characters: 500 <Item> per Hour
    Guess I wasn't clear:

The problem I see with it is it punishes the casual players who don't care about min/maxing, while being just a slight inconvenience for more serious players.

Now admittedly, doing server/faction limited would limit how many you can have more than per character, but it allows workarounds for serious players. It essentially increases the "skill cap" as its not something casual players would do.

For more hardcore players with faction limited for instance, you can have 2 garrisons per server, one on alliance and one on horde. With their alt farm being the one for gathering and crafting. Not many casual players will have friends who can easily trade resources cross faction.

Server limited would be similar, unless they make an exception for connected realms of course, where you'd have different garrisons on each connected server. How many casual players would know to put characters on each server?

Tl;dr: I believe a server/faction limited system would give too much power to serious players comparatively to casual players.

That's why I'd like a resource cap. So you also can't have 11 alts mass producing <item>.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-01-30 at 01:04 AM.