Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question regarding Enhancement opening burst

Hi there just recently came back to wow and wanted to play enhancement again. After seeing amazing burst from one of the fellow enh shammy in group(up to 400k) i wanted to try it out too. I pretty much followed the entire burst opening given by Ansible

Searing Totem > Spirit Walk > Pre-pot > Spirit Wolves

Opener (i.e. while running into melee range after tank engages the fight)

UE > FS (both this and UE should be still at range) > FET > SS > Ascendance+Stormlash Totem > SS > LL > normal priority

However for some reason I cannot seem to burst higher than 170k and I have more gear than the other shammy(ilvl 534) whereas i am (ilvl537).
    My character is Tharanthia on Whisperwind(US) [sorry cant link yet]

My question is does enchanting, reforging and gemming my gear along with legendary cape and AoC really allow give you 230k dps increase? cause our weapons are roughly the same, we both have 4 piece tier, she has lengedary cape and flex AoC and is fully enchanted.

P.S. sorry i cant link her her armory, as that shes currently in resto gear and spec. Also my gear isnt enchanted yet because i am currently main heals in the group and dont ever go dps. Once i get my norm weapons and replace all missing pieces i will properly enchant and gem everything.

Thank you.

The way I do it is, Spirit Walk > Pre-pot > Spirit Wolves > FET > SS > Ascendance > SB > LL > UE > FS > LB. I can get 500k-600k burst with that.
    546 ilvl.

Basically enchants/gems vs no enchants/gems, enchants will add over 100k dps. Especially weapon enchants.
    AoC doesnt add to opening burst through cds, it does it by having the longest proc which improves burst. Just a longer stat increase.

Cape contributes roughly 40-50k dps based on gear, it still benefits from having more haste.

Your biggest loss is not being hit/expertise cap. Talisman of Bloodlust is a terrible trinket.