Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    As a healer, a dps "having fun" is usually a reason for a vote kick.

Picture this: shadow priest is "having some fun" before Dark Shaman. He proceeds to halo, rocket boots, and disperse in some combination to make sure he pulls many, many packs of trash. He dies. The tanks and healers are now left with minutes of frantic work blowing every cooldown that they have and wishing for more to try and make it not a raid wipe because one shadow priest was "having fun".
    As a healer, I'm usually the one causing the fun :\

Gives me something to do in the otherwise 0 dmg environment.

I don't get it either. There's bad DPS in every LFR and no real reason to kick them. The other day some DPS left before Thok and we pulled him with about 5-6 DPS missing and downed him just fine. The problem is the conflict the playerbase has with LFR, lambasting it as 'not real raiding' and then getting uppity about players who aren't min-maxing their characters. If you want a fast clear through LFR run it with some guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    How many single target unbuffed situations occur in LFR? We'll wait.
    I was trying to say that ~50k is the bare minimum..

Have not played wow in nearly a month and a half. When I did a few times we kicked some really shockingly low DPS. But usually its only when we wipe as most of the time someones pulling so you dont have a chance to sort it out.

Feel for you having your buddies kicked. Best bet is for your buddies to do better and ensure they are middle of the pack. If you're in the middle and not near the bottom no one will moan.

Sometimes you get jerks who kick people unnecessarily, but I'd hazard a guess that 95%+ of kicks in LFR are only for the worst of the worst, completely unforgiveable players that are really fucking the whole run up for everyone.

It is actually really hard to convince an LFR group to kick someone most of the time. Even when the group is clearly struggling and they're the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    So anyway I just wanted to get this off my chest because this bothers me greatly. Like I said before, people are always saying how LFR isn't real raiding, fine, but why do people enter an LFR group and then act like we're doing a heroic 25 man raid and kick people for stupid reasons? Now I can understand kicking someone because he/she is AFK all the time but seriously kicking a few DPS because their DPS is low? I thought the whole point of LFR was to help the people who aren't able to do real raids because of whatever reason and to let them experience content they would never get to experience without LFR while also getting cool gear out of it. But here you have people who kick other people because their DPS charts say that this person is doing low DPS and they won't let that stand.
    My rule is: this is all fine and dandy, but if we wipe to enrage (and not just because 3/4 of the raid was dead the whole fight and people kept healing because they're masochists, I mean actual enrage issues) I try to get at least the bottom 2 kicked before pulling again. There is no excuse for wiping to enrage in LFR.

If enrage is not an issue and nobody is clearly AFK or holding up the group or being a toxic asshole, I do not try to kick anyone.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-01-29 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sometimes you get jerks who kick people unnecessarily, but I'd hazard a guess that 95%+ of kicks in LFR are only for the worst of the worst, completely unforgiveable players that are really fucking the whole run up for everyone.

It is actually really hard to convince an LFR group to kick someone most of the time. Even when the group is clearly struggling and they're the problem.

My rule is: this is all fine and dandy, but if we wipe to enrage (and not just because 3/4 of the raid was dead the whole fight and people kept healing because they're masochists, I mean actual enrage issues) I try to get at least the bottom 2 kicked before pulling again. There is no excuse for wiping to enrage in LFR.

If enrage is not an issue and nobody is clearly AFK or holding up the group or being a toxic asshole, I do not try to kick anyone.
    I blame determination for that
    "Kick the bad dps"
    "No we got determination we got it"
    -wipe at like 20%-
    "kick the crap dps already"
    "its fine dont be a douche"
    -wipe-
    "kick the dps doing 35k already"
    "we have 15% it doesnt matter"

its just god awful how instead of sorting out the problem they want to simply get through the fight and keep wiping into they get enough stacks. HOPEFULLY with flex scaling on LFR bosses they will be more inclined to kick the people doing 1.5% of the damage

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    I don't get it either. There's bad DPS in every LFR and no real reason to kick them. The other day some DPS left before Thok and we pulled him with about 5-6 DPS missing and downed him just fine. The problem is the conflict the playerbase has with LFR, lambasting it as 'not real raiding' and then getting uppity about players who aren't min-maxing their characters. If you want a fast clear through LFR run it with some guildies.
    There are bad dps in every LFR.

That doesn't make carrying them any fun.

I'm sorry, if they're pulling 30k dps they aren't trying, no matter what the OP thinks. My 506 spriest can beat that by doing nothing but spamming mindflay (fyi spriest got 39.8k via pure mindflay spam, with no gems/chants or external buffs, on a raidboss dummy). "Trying" involves at least attacking the boss consistently & using a couple of spells, and any toon that can legitimately get into SoO LFR can beat 30k. So from what the OP has said his friends weren't "trying".

There are two tiers of prior LFRs that still have reasonably quick queue times (often quicker than SoO) & much lower standards, possibly they should try those & not inflict themselves on people attempting current content. The standards are much lower so they can have their fun there.

I can't remember the last time I met a random stranger in an LFR whose sparkling personality & winning ways made me want to carry them while they were utterly useless. I suspect it was never.

I'll happily & patiently explain strat, but if you can't work out that you're meant to press buttons & do damage/healing, then you're not ready for group activities.

Him & his mates aren't special exceptions to anything. They weren't making a useful contribution to a group of 25 & they were voted out by the group. Welcome to life.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2014-01-29 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    There is also no reason others should pick up their slack. Nobody is asking for Min/Max, expecting 70k dps isnt some crazy high expectation. Stop pretending like people expect you to be amazing when they call you out, they expect you to not suck arse. When things like Immerseus hit Enrage then there is a problem.