View Poll Results: Would you support Dual Class / Single Spec option for WoW?

Voters
150. This poll is closed
  • Yes

34 22.67%
  • No

107 71.33%
  • Other / Don't Care (explain below)

9 6.00%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dual Class: A new way to game

I would love to throw a twist in the WoW machine. I'd like to see an option for Dual class. You get two classes, right outta the gate, BUT, you can only have one spec in each class. So, you are still technically a Dual Spec, but with a twist. Also, your new class(es) would still have to keep two sets of gear. You could be a rogue/mage, but you better have a set of cloth gear and leather gear for him/her. You want to play a Blood DK/Fury Warrior? No sweat. Ready to be a Destro/Brewmaster? Go for it.

Just another random thought in the endless cycle of possibilities in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes no lore sense so i don't think it will ever happen in any warcraft game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Tauren paladins.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I like it in concept, but it wouldn't work. It would need to be a "forever" choice.

Once people tried to pick 2 FOTM OP trees, and they were no longer FOTM they would piss and moan and cry until blizz gave them the option to change.

Once you could pick and change your trees at will, "classes" cease to exist and anyone can be anything at the same time.

I created a thread like this ages ago, well something like this.
    It's amazing game-play wise, because let's face it, who of you like all 3-4 specs your class has, ant wouldn't trade one of those for something else?
    Lore-wise, sure, it might make no sense what so ever, unless we got an expansion about screwing the fabric of time and matter itself (or something).
    This feature was amazing thing in Lineage 2, when I played it years (years (years)) ago.

So you want Final Fantasy XI?

Other than that... Balancing that would be impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Tauren paladins.

Tauren paladins make much much much more sense then a Holy priest/unholy dk. dumb idea for wow. great idea for other games.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    So you want Final Fantasy XI?

Other than that... Balancing that would be impossible.
    Why? Either way 31 specs in the game, what diff does it make which character is it on?

doesnt work with warcraft
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    doesnt work with warcraft
    it should, you create a character, ant THEN choose what you want to master, rather than choosing it on character creation page.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is something I have imagined and hoped for so many years.
    The next step after dual spec, being able to play warrior/priest.
    Instead of this, I leveled and played a druid I never really enjoyed, but the convenience of being tank/healer prevailed...
    And this is something at what Blizzard failed so much !

10+ Year Old Account
    Things fly in the face of lore often (like Tauren paladins) but never THIS much. It makes absolutely no sense from that perspective. It seems people want basically no permanent choices anymore.

Deleted
    i'd gladly be a Hunter/Rogue and dont see what would be wrong with that lorewise

Deleted
    Another ridiculous idea in the endless cycle of ridiculessness the game has turned to.
    reasons:
    a) no lore or logic will support this
    b) Blizz wants you to jave less shit in your bank by creating, well done imo, a "one set fits all specs". Now you want to go back to having 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT gears...
    c) whats's the point?? What is ther so "game changing" lol?

-Want another class?? Create a bloody toon and dedicate yourself a little! Don't want to pay for the 90 instant toon?? Don't support it in the first place!!
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2014-01-28 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I would love to throw a twist in the WoW machine. I'd like to see an option for Dual class. You get two classes, right outta the gate, BUT, you can only have one spec in each class. So, you are still technically a Dual Spec, but with a twist. Also, your new class(es) would still have to keep two sets of gear. You could be a rogue/mage, but you better have a set of cloth gear and leather gear for him/her. You want to play a Blood DK/Fury Warrior? No sweat. Ready to be a Destro/Brewmaster? Go for it.

Just another random thought in the endless cycle of possibilities in the game.
    That would be a hell of pain in the... to balance .

I think its impossible to achive this without some massive limitations. And we have to keep in mind that combo combinations (ranged/melee) are no desirable at all for dev's because they would become mandatory. Another problem its stat priority, makes no sense to allow a mage to become a warrior.

I still think they could toy a little bit with it, its like seeing an electric engineer focusing just on computers, its a natural thing. Our heroes could have learned with their mates doing something diferent.

The only way i see this working, is them making groups, and the groups would be the type of gear they can use, Group 1, DK's, Paladins and Warriors. Group 2, Shamans, Hunters and a new class. Group 3, Druids, Rogues and Monks. And Group 4, Priests, Warlocks and Mages.

In adiction, they would need to add a 4th spec to all classes because some classes don't have a proper combination in their group, lets say, a Priests would not get another combination in the cloth group.

Another concept idea would be around the alter ego model. Every class could group only with their alter ego, Paladins with DK's and so on. The problem with this model is that some classes don't have a obvious alter ego, and not being able to choose your off-class would annoy a lot of people. This model could easely being made to boost only DPS specs and not healing or tank ones.

We have to consider aswell that allowing all off class spell to be trainable would bring a lot of issues, i think that off-class spells should be limited to a specific level, but not higher then lvl 60.

Finally, i have to say that this would be a great idea to make DK's start from level 1, as off-class. I doubt that any of this will ever happen, but i really like the concept of dual class.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2014-01-27 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Another ridiculous idea in the endless cycle of ridiculessness the game has turned to.
    Because:
    a) no lore or logic
    b) Blizz wants you to little shit in your bank by creating, well done imo, a "one set fits all specs". Now you want to go back to having 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT gears...
    c) whats's the point?? What is ther so "ganme changing" lol?
    -Want another class?? Create a bloody toon and dedicate yourself a little! Don't want to pay for the 90 instant toon?? Don't support it in the first place!!
    Hopefully you learn from this. Most of your bad ideas go on for 20 pages, usually resurrected by you In your honor, I will add a poll.

I'd rather just have specs be far more removed from their center. That would take hundreds of new spells and animations but it could be offset by having the latter be more common than the former. (Such as Enhancement Lightning Bolt being called something else but having the same formula and just a slightly more static-y animation.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    People may shit on it due to lore reasons but after playing a bit of FFXIV, on a gameplay level it's far better than having alters. Blizzard lately has chosen to make a lot of things account wide, but there is also a lot of things that I don't like repeating at all that they don't seem interested in making BoA. Chain quests, reputations, phased content unlock, challenge mode teleports, some mounts, xmogs or titles... Even little annoying things like bags, bags content, flight paths, flight licenses...add up. I guess I am not an alter person, because all the little things make it so I had a lot of classes (all, thanks pet battles) leveled to 90, and I only played with my main. If I would have leveled those classes on the same char, I would most probably play with them from time to time.

They have pulled the gameplay > lore card before, and if you ask, they should do it on this too. If they don't, it's because they think it's better for the game to make people expend more time on alters repeating several things, time that it wouldn't be wasted if you could level several classes on the same char. And of course, after making the gear not having fixed primary stats, there is no way back, if they even had the slightest intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    when half the main hero characters are not one single class, but carry a number of classes' traits....

I'd be Holy Paladin and Unholy Death Knight... and my class should be called: Normal Man.