View Poll Results: Would you support Dual Class / Single Spec option for WoW?

Voters
150. This poll is closed
  • Yes

34 22.67%
  • No

107 71.33%
  • Other / Don't Care (explain below)

9 6.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phentex View Post
    So if you play two different class, you have to get gear for both of them (giving that they wear different type of gear)... what's the difference from rolling two characters now?..
    Everything that comes from only playing 1 character.... not having to repeat Rep for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the character alone, it would be possible to sort things out. The problem would come, as another poster already pointed out, when we hit gearing drama (and the associated issue of sorting out rolls).
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my gnome warrior could suddenly flip gears and be a priest? Why?

Then we're back to having to carry around a ton of gear (one of the best changes of WOD is the end of that crap), only instead of an alternate spec its an entirely separate class' gear. Sorry but no thank you.

I don't think it would work, imagine how strange it would be a random guy who is a Warrior simply changing his class to a Hunter right in front of you. It is already painful to grind different sets for two different specs, now consider doing this with two different classes, it simply would be a hell of a pain. However, pretty much everyone who would originally level a DPS-only class like Warlocks or Mages would have a tank or healer secondary class just to have faster queues and level up faster, thus making the dungeon queue for DPS dudes faster, since there would be a considerable larger number of healers and tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phentex View Post
    So if you play two different class, you have to get gear for both of them (giving that they wear different type of gear)... what's the difference from rolling two characters now?..
    Take the best of two characters, skills, achievements, rep, etc... now, squish it into one character. You now have a Gnome Derto Warlock/Frost Mage who can PvE on one class and PvP on the other without switching gear, or logging out of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So my gnome warrior could suddenly flip gears and be a priest? Why?

Then we're back to having to carry around a ton of gear (one of the best changes of WOD is the end of that crap), only instead of an alternate spec its an entirely separate class' gear. Sorry but no thank you.
    If the gear is housed in the bank and the gear manager handles it without taking up personal bag space... why not? Think about it. All grouped up, ready for Celestials and you are now short a healer (no pun intended). You flip classes from your Fury Warrior to your Disc Priest and now you can easily back fill a DPS slot... OR, you can DPS between heals. It's a win/win.

Sounds awful.... and a lore abomination to boot...
    even without the lore-damage... it's just plain horrible... I'd like to know my Class, and experience all of it's speccs... not play 1/3 of my class, and another 1/3 of a different class... that's what alts are for.

Incoming subtlety frost death knights with a small hint of resto druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Tauren paladins.
    still makes more sense than say destruction / holy xD

'here let me blast you with foul magic from the nether, the eternal realm of the demons, sworn enemies of the Light and everything that is just, before I heal you with the power of the Holy Light.'
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-01-28 at 04:01 PM.

To me the only problem would be that it basically has no benefit, unless the two chosen specs can use the same gear. Otherwise the only purpose it would serve is to skip leveling one of them, which we are already about to have the option to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    when half the main hero characters are not one single class, but carry a number of classes' traits....
    Yes because a priest deathknight makes so much sense. It would have to be greatly restricted to make sense. Maybe a warlock-mage. Warrior-hunter etc but...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yes because a priest deathknight makes so much sense. It would have to be greatly restricted to make sense. Maybe a warlock-mage. Warrior-hunter etc but...
    That could work too... classes have to be "similar". Mage/Lock or Warrior/Paladin. I would absolutely roll an Assassin Rogue/Survival Hunter.

Deleted
    God no. Blood DK/Disc Priest I do not like the idea.

As someone already said, there was a game that started like Wow clone (graphically speaking) called Runes of Magic that has dual class. Now I think it even let you to have a third class.

The thing is that you have to level two classes and switch between them to do it, so a lot of people go for high level quest with their main class, collect all the requirements and then switch.

You could only use some of the spells/abilities of your secondary class while in your main class. You could create a mage/priest that was very powerful, but it was always better to mix classes that use different resource (mana/rage instead of mana/mana).

It was a really good idea but RoM is a real P2W.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was named subclass in Lineage 2 and was working well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    It was named subclass in Lineage 2 and was working well.
    This was one of the areas of my inspiration. It is not a new idea, just a new concept for Blizz to consider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Tauren paladins.
    yep because there did something stupid than that means they should do more stupid things.

Deleted
    i like how final fantasy XIV lets you play all classes on one toon.

Your character dose not gain levels its class dose.
    When you swap class your get naked because u cant used the current gear or it auto swaps to some gear you have bound for that class

ye this brakes lore but for non dk classes only limitation is race

you can even use some spells from one class and use them as another.

So a black mage gets an instant cast like natures swiftness and i can use it on my white mage
    Last edited by mmocfaf99010a6; 2014-02-05 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    yep because there did something stupid than that means they should do more stupid things.
    Not sure how it is a "stupid" idea. Other games have done it, and it has been wildly successful. I think it would be awesome to have an option when you hit lvl 10. Take a second spec in your current class, or pick a 2nd class and get only 1 spec. I would make an Assassin Rogue/Survival Hunter in an instant

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, any type of "balancing" would be a nightmare.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Yeah, any type of "balancing" would be a nightmare.
    Not much different that the current imbalance we already face.