View Poll Results: Would you support Dual Class / Single Spec option for WoW?

Voters
150. This poll is closed
  • Yes

34 22.67%
  • No

107 71.33%
  • Other / Don't Care (explain below)

9 6.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    yep because there did something stupid than that means they should do more stupid things.
    Tauren Paladins aren't stupid, they have an actual real explanation.

They're not strictly Paladins like Humans, they're just named as Paladins for gameplay mechanics.

Yeah the whole "balance" argument is retarded, not a surprise considering who is posting it

Or did I misread the OP and he was suggesting you can be 2 specs AT THE SAME TIME.

If my Holy Paladin can respec to Enhancement Shaman how is that any different from my having a Holy Paladin.... and an Enhancement Shaman? What legtimate point in any part of the game would be affected. You can't respec halfway through a boss fight or arena. That argument that "it would be impossible to balance" is fucking clown shoes...

Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I don't think it would work in WoW. What's the point of having a dual class if you're going to completely lock it out? IMO something like Guild Wars 1 could work well but only in WoW 2, I don't see any way it could work in WoW as it is now without just stapling specs together.

Sure, lore wise there are characters who may show signs of different classes like night elf archer priestesses, but you don't see lore characters going "Ok right now I'm a warrior, but this monster would be better fought at range, so I'm going to completely drop my current skill set, put on a different set of armor, and fight this guy as a warlock."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Tauren Paladins aren't stupid, they have an actual real explanation.

They're not strictly Paladins like Humans, they're just named as Paladins for gameplay mechanics.
    Exactly. An Undead Paladin in lore would be a "Fallen Crusader", even though in Gameplay, the mechanics would still be that of a Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah the whole "balance" argument is retarded, not a surprise considering who is posting it

Or did I misread the OP and he was suggesting you can be 2 specs AT THE SAME TIME.

If my Holy Paladin can respec to Enhancement Shaman how is that any different from my having a Holy Paladin.... and an Enhancement Shaman? What legtimate point in any part of the game would be affected. You can't respec halfway through a boss fight or arena. That argument that "it would be impossible to balance" is fucking clown shoes...

Right?
    That was my thought in the matter. Whether I enter the BG as my Assassin Rogue, or my Survival Hunter, what difference should it make if they share the same character? My hunter has no access to my rogue traits, and vice versa.

Deleted
    Rogue + Druid = Rogue stabbing you while getting healed by HOTS
    Rogue + Warlock = Demon Hunter (ish)
    Rogue + Monk = Rogue stabbing you and healing at the same time

I approve

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be fun, but lore-wise certain mix-ups don't make any sense. Demonology Lock/Holy priest k? (Fury) Warrior/ (Arcane) Mage wat?

Edit: I also think many people haven't read OP's post before they even responded. He's not saying you'll be a rogue casting fireballs while stabbing your opponent in the back. He's talking about a dual spec variant. So you'd have 1 character that can switch between rogue and mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking about the same thing for a while now, grouping classes by 2 and deciding which one you will be at 10 (assuming your race can play the said classes).
    Something like sham/druid, pal/priest, mage/warlock, rogue/hunter, warrior/monk (and DK should be alone because hero class and stuff).

However, once you choose your class (let's call it "calling" ), you couldn't go back except by paying a fee +/- equal to a PCT.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Makes no lore sense so i don't think it will ever happen in any warcraft game.
    They stopped caring about lore years ago...now the focus is on whatever can keep this dying game afloat. I think this is a pretty neat idea.