10+ Year Old Account

Baseball League I coach for is corrupt

Just got this email from the Little League Baseball Organization that I coach for and my son plays with. Corruption has no bounds even if it's a kids organization.

The league makes a lot of money. Other than Uniforms and field management how the money is disbursed is unknown to me. What I can tell you is for summer each kid that registers needs to pay $130. Actually looking at this http://www.gbbaseball.org/Default.aspx?tabid=502436 you can see prices have gone up a little. There are roughly 4-5 teams for each age group and about 12-15 kids per team. So lets just take $140.00 for example. With 48 kids per age group and 10 different age groups that's $67,200. This doesn't include fall ball which the league also runs. They are also a tax exempt organization.
    Last edited by Stevecow; 2014-01-27 at 10:26 PM.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Just got this email from the Little League Baseball Organization that I coach for and my son plays with. Corruption has no bounds even if it's a kids organization.
    That's not corruption (unless they were using the money to pay off umpires or something), that's someone defrauding the league.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Randy Rogers........

Too good, too good.

I've seen it happen at various organizations where there's not a lot of oversight. Heck, in one major case about 10 years ago it happened at a local bank. Usually there is an investigation and then they will be charged. Don't expect the money back though.

Deleted
    Randy Rogers? Is this a hoax?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you got a whistle don't ya?

Get blowin'

Deleted
    I couldn't keep a straight face at the end, i'm such a fucking kid

In case American's aren't understanding the skepticism from our UK cousins ... it's the name of the guy who wrote the letter.
    Over there Randy = horny, and roger = intercourse. Pretty fricking hilarious name from their point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    In case American's aren't understanding the skepticism from our UK cousins ... it's the name of the guy who wrote the letter.
    Over there Randy = horny.
    Yes, yes..we've all seen Austin Powers.

Deleted
    Thieves will steal from anything they think they can get away with.

I had a charity box labelled for terminal patients at the local childrens hospital at work. Someone shoplifted it. It probably had like, £10 in change in it maybe? Not exactly a great loss but really, who steals £10 in pennies from dying children. We had to bolt the new one down onto the checkout counter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Thieves will steal from anything they think they can get away with.

I had a charity box labelled for terminal patients at the local childrens hospital at work. Someone shoplifted it. It probably had like, £10 in change in it maybe? Not exactly a great loss but really, who steals £10 in pennies from dying children. We had to bolt the new one down onto the checkout counter.
    These feels, no more... pls.

Seriously though, what prick would do that; It's really pretty sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unaware of the name Randy Rogers meaning anything. The league and I are both in the United States.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    Over there Randy = horny, and roger = intercourse. Pretty fricking hilarious name from their point of view.
    Thanks for the clarification lol. I was a bit lost.

Deleted
    Randy Roger's in the Little League Baseball Organization... I'm sorry but this funniest thing I've read all day.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Randy Rogers? Is this a hoax?
    I'm afraid not. Here's a link directly to the "information" posted on the Glen Burnie Baseball and Softball website:

http://www.gbbaseball.org/Default.as...ctl=newsdetail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That's not corruption (unless they were using the money to pay off umpires or something), that's someone defrauding the league.
    It actually kinda is, unless somehow the organisation isn't subject to the same standards of practice that every other business is subject to. It's not corruption in the sense that the competition is compromised, but it is still corruption if a board member is misappropriating funds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss