Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    Tarecgosa's staff was obteined by 1 person, and if u didnt have it u were still good to raid! its not the case with this cape
    No, I've heard plenty of people whining that "u cudnt evn get nto a gud gild withot th stafe."

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    This is what happens with welfare legendaries.
    Oh yeah, because the other legendaries are really hard to get ... lol

Honestly I just feel at this point in the expansion, gating it behind stuff that requires weekly resets is my main sticking point.

Super long quest line? Fine. RNG Gathering of sigils/runestones/etc...? Fine. Turn in a million materials? Fine. Just don't gate it behind something that becomes capped before reset. If I wanted to sit down and play wow for 40+ hours in a week and catch an alt up, that should be an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Sorry, but the difference is actually pretty big between people that do and don't. Cloak and meta gem is an extra 10-15 mil damage on most fights, even more on AoE. Not to mention the caster meta gem is pretty significant.
    Hmm, unless your fights are running very close to berserk (~10 mins for most fights this tier) It's not worth that much single target, Will need to see if I still have the log saved, but I think on my boomy alt, it accounted for 6.5M from the cloak, and I know the caster meta is decent, but it's not 4.5-9.5M significant. This is on reg Thok (around 6 min kill, which is pretty average), if not I'll log it again.

The community has recently taken a huge upturn in Doomsaying/Hyperbole recently. Yes, the cloak is an amazing item, yes, there's an obvious delta between people with and without it, it's a legendary, the exact same has been true for every other legendary, Hell, I remember in 1 week going from top healer by a fair bit in Ulduar to being well under out pally officer because he got Val'anyr. If anything, I'd say the delta for this legendary is actually smaller than previous legendarys.

I do think the artificial gateway people put on PuGs with it with people thinking it's needed for SoO (It's not. we cleared reg (week 2, so we're not super-cutting-edge) with 6-7 people with cloaks, our second healer didn't get his until about 3 heroics in, and our rogue (last person) didn't get in until about 6 or 7 heroics (think it was on Dark Shamans)) is pretty insane, but I find the best way to deal with it is making and leading my own groups or running my alts with guildies, it's actually far more productive than whining about it on forums
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

it a 15% boost, yes it is realistic
    Totally depends on your gear. at ilvl 530 the cloak was 18% of my damage -- at Ilvl 560 it is now less then 5 --so the better your gear the less you need the cloak ,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ^ Exactly what I've been saying. It's about 5% or less on my Rogue as well.

Although I will say it is a MONSTER on short-term AoE, like for mowing down trash. I've seen it up to like 20% on that

- - - Updated - - -

For the hundredth time SoO is not tuned to require you to have the cape.

And you mean tuned, not attuned. Attuned would mean you need it to enter the instance.
    Yeah, 5-6% single target is roughly what I see too on my DPS.

And yeah, I'm really not sure where the whole "SoO is tuned for leg. capes" mentality came from, there's been several raid groups that have cleared it without everyone having it. (I.e. our reg SoO alt run, I think 2 people have the cloak, nobody really "outgears it" (avg. ilvl of group is about 545 atm I think) we go 14/14, thus, It's obviously not tuned around having the cloak. To say otherwise means either: Your group has other issues than a few people missing cloaks, or you're actively partaking in spreading this misinformation for some reason. (I swear, it's the Flex "Magic Number" all over again.)
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's a bunch of crap. I've done better on some of my characters that didn't have a cloak compared to people who did. Not everyone is good just because they have that cloak.

im stopped by the raid dificulty, go kill bosses with 10 people not having the cape and the meta and tell me that it can be done
    also i dont have the time to do it on my alts, put 1 and 1 together and BOOM my guild alt run just exploded
    Hate to be a dick, but that just reeks of bad.

We do regular altruns on normal mode with all 540~ ish characters without legendary cloaks.

SoO is not tuned for the cloak, but that doesn't mean that they don't inflate progression for a lot of guilds (without cloak, most guilds that are now 4+hc probably were still stuck on protectors probably, because the cloak can carry them.

That said, legendaries this accessible are fine, although they should take away the 3kVP cap because it's the only step where you're not seeing something shiny to collect (extend sigils by 5 each or something).

fine, so dont attune an entire raid for having legendary cape/meta and see how easy SoO would have been with it
    make it attuned to 10 people not having the cape.
    lol, you're acting like you need the cape to do anything worthwhile. My blood dk alt, is 8/14 h without it.

I bet you really like calling for 550+ in trade with that cape padding your other crap gear, huh?
    Last edited by Realsykes; 2014-01-30 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Praymore View Post
    dinged 2days ago atm siting 9power 8wisdom o.0 prolly tomorrow will get 10/10, the rep farm is what i hate, just dpsing mobs in vale is soo boooring!
    kill mobs on ToT isle. much faster rep grind.
    all the way up to exalted

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    Thoughts? You're complaining about a LEGENDARY... you have any idea how short 2 months are for an item like that? If you cba to work for it, then don't do it. You want one of the top items in the game you'd better take some time off to do the chore like everybody else has been doing for legendaries since they first appeared.

This is what you get when every potato that sets foot in a raid can get a legendary without the need for the "guild effort" part. Welfare all around!

I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line,
    There's your problem... legendaries aren't meant for the average Joe, they're for the people who are willing to go the extra 10 mile and really work hard and long for their reward. If your alt really needs it that desperately (highly doubt it!), then it seems logical to me that you'd be willing to put a lot of time and effort into it. Right? I mean why try your best to get the best when you don't need the best?

You're not getting carried just because 1! person has a better item than you. He just performs above what is needed, also known as "overgearing". This is just a plain case of QQ, nothing more. Cloak =/= win.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2014-01-30 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Are you really complaining that a legendary takes too long too get? How long would you have been waiting for it on this alt if this weren't a welfare piece?
    Why don't people understand that the only reason people are complaining is because this legendary is NEEDED to raid, even most pugs now wont let you join for a damn normal run, without it even if u cleared 10hc+ on your main. No legendary so be like this, it used to be something not a lot of people had, having someone with a legendary in your group should be a bonus, not mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hpa View Post
    Why don't people understand that the only reason people are complaining is because this legendary is NEEDED to raid, even most pugs now wont let you join for a damn normal run, without it even if u cleared 10hc+ on your main. No legendary so be like this, it used to be something not a lot of people had, having someone with a legendary in your group should be a bonus, not mandatory.
    Blame Blizzard for making it so mainstream. You DON'T need the thing to be good. It doesn't give you a "% chance to instant kill what ever your mouse hovers over" buff. People are exaggerating to new heights since this welfare cape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

dinged 2days ago atm siting 9power 8wisdom o.0 prolly tomorrow will get 10/10, the rep farm is what i hate, just dpsing mobs in vale is soo boooring!
    Kill mogu statues-like mobs in the center of thunder island, it's faster than mobs on valley.

Edit: woop someone was faster than me with the advice

Deleted
    And that is the reason why bosses in SoO drop cloaks too (yeah those thingies usualy getting disenchanted everytime they drop).

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Blame Blizzard for making it so mainstream. You DON'T need the thing to be good. It doesn't give you a "% chance to instant kill what ever your mouse hovers over" buff. People are exaggerating to new heights since this welfare cape.
    You DO need it. Why would ppl take you when they can get another (insert random class here) with the cape?

Deleted
    I am puzzled that poeple are complaining about it being to easy with the possibility of a lvl 90 boost but that the legendary questline should be easy would be nice??? So some things are okay for Blizz to make easier and others will doom the game... it does not make any sense to me!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    Untrue, you act like everyone has the legendary cloak, even though the truth is that it's way less... around 20-25% if I recall correctly a few weeks back.... So nowhere near 'everyone'. And even so, without the cloak you can still perform good. Hell there are people with the cloak that play worse than a skilled non-cloak player.
    I agree it's a lot of time to spend on it, but it's your choice whether the time investment is worth it... it's not needed anyway.

Even when I did not have the cloak on main, I still got invited even though a lot of players had it.
    Last edited by velde046; 2014-01-30 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andawen View Post
    I am puzzled that poeple are complaining about it being to easy with the possibility of a lvl 90 boost but that the legendary questline should be easy would be nice??? So some things are okay for Blizz to make easier and others will doom the game... it does not make any sense to me!!!!
    Most people here don't say it's hard. People say it's just unnecessarily long for:
    - alts,
    - casual players,
    - if you haven't started the questline on time with the majority of players (say you came back post 5.4),
    - if you are not in a guild raiding every week, etc...

and I will add
    - if you are on a server with low population in a crappy cluster

but hard no it isn't.
    Last edited by Gnu; 2014-01-30 at 01:39 PM.
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Just go right to the Isle of Thunder. It goes fastest there. The center area with the fleshshapers and statues respawns faster than you can kill them.