Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

    I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

    legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

    is it just me?

    legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

    thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

    any thoughts ?
    Dude dont complain about it. Just thank blizzard for changing A Test of Valor to three weeks instead of six like the rest of the people who actually got their cloak before that change. A month and a half of valor capping. Yeah, I got my 6k valor right as they change it to three weeks. Just do the quest and stop whining. If you want the cloak, get it. If you dont, then just do LFR like everyone else.

  2. #402
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Lei Shen in Throne of Thunder drops one guaranteed per week.
    I'm sorry, I realize what I quoted said secrets and I meant the runestones. I was under the impression that they could drop from the last two LFRs of ToT and the first two of SoO.
    BAD WOLF

  3. #403
    I feel ya - as I'm a casual these days and it's going to take me several months to nab the cloak.... but you know what? That's my choice and NOT a fault of the game or the developer whatsoever! ^_^

    You honestly don't need the cloak to do casual things, it's just a bonus. Honestly I'm already thinking of dumping the quest altogether as I'm tired of having those two sigils take up valuable bank slots.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm sorry, I realize what I quoted said secrets and I meant the runestones. I was under the impression that they could drop from the last two LFRs of ToT and the first two of SoO.
    Lei Shen is the last boss in Throne of Thunder and he's guaranteed to drop a runestone every week. Similarly, the Sha of Pride drops a runestone every time. I don't know how you could go three weeks with only two runestones. I've gone weeks where those are the only two that drop, but I've always gotten at least those two. I've also had weeks where I get six drops. RNG is RNG.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2014-02-11 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  5. #405
    Only part of it that's mildly annoying is the Test of Valor. I don't mind the rest. The quest line doesn't feel all that legendary when the objective is to vp cap for a few weeks. Yee-haw, how exciting.

  6. #406
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Lei Shen is the last boss in Throne of Thunder and he's guaranteed to drop a runestone every week. Similarly, the Sha of Pride drops a runestone every time. I don't know how you could go three weeks with only two runestones. I've gone weeks where those are the only two that drop, but I've always gotten at least those two. I've also had weeks where I get six drops. RNG is RNG.
    Ok...this confirms I need to put in a ticket then. I specifically did them after someone said that out of anger at the person's attitude. Now I know I'm not crazy because I did both of those bosses yesterday and got no stones.
    BAD WOLF

  7. #407
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,909
    The only real issue with the quest line at this point in the game are for these two types of players:

    1.) Those who are new to WoD and want to break into raiding. Hard to find a raid team that actually has a chance of killing things without the cloak.

    2.) Those wanting to main swap or change toons or play an alt for raiding. I'd play my 2nd warrior a hell of a lot more if I had the cloak, doing alt/pug runs. But it isn't worth doing a 4th time, it's just too annoying. Especially when I don't need anything out of ToT or SoO until normal mode.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The only real issue with the quest line at this point in the game are for these two types of players:

    1.) Those who are new to WoD and want to break into raiding. Hard to find a raid team that actually has a chance of killing things without the cloak.

    2.) Those wanting to main swap or change toons or play an alt for raiding. I'd play my 2nd warrior a hell of a lot more if I had the cloak, doing alt/pug runs. But it isn't worth doing a 4th time, it's just too annoying. Especially when I don't need anything out of ToT or SoO until normal mode.
    When having a legendary is no longer viewed as a bonus, but a necessity and not having one is a burden it starts sounding like the complaints towards attunements and resist gear.

    This legendaries largest complained issues is the result of its design to be an expansion long grind and motivator to keep players subscribed. The developers say they want to do something simular next expansion, but will it just be a quick grind spread out over a number of patches with no attempt to keep players subscribed long term or will the reward be reduced in importance to be less of a burden to not have for new and returning players.

    Personally I would rather have some nice cosmetic things like Shadowmourne had that could be shown off beyond the life of a combat legendary and show off that I had played a part in the events of that expansion.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-02-11 at 09:37 PM.

  9. #409
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    685
    If you are doing past like galakras HC you NEED the clock to not look completely shit. That said I was 2 healing juggernaut on week 3 of patch with a healer without cloak. You most likely wont have the gear to join a decent guild if you haven't been max level for 2 months anyway so what the hell are you gonna use it for?

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    When having a legendary is no longer viewed as a bonus, but a necessity and not having one is a burden it starts sounding like the complaints towards attunements and resist gear.
    Yes, pretty much.

    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The developers say they want to do something simular next expansion, but will it just be a quick grind spread out over a number of patches with no attempt to keep players subscribed long term or will the reward be reduced in importance to be less of a burden to not have for new and returning players.
    This sounds much better. Unfortunately there will always be those who complain that players are being given access to a very powerful item without "working" for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  11. #411
    this legendary is just a shitty form of attunement for Ordos, Ill bet it will be removed very soon

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    When having a legendary is no longer viewed as a bonus, but a necessity and not having one is a burden it starts sounding like the complaints towards attunements and resist gear.
    There is a big difference. Attunements and resist gear is blizzard's systems requiring something before you can enter (attunements) or making an encounter impossible to defeat without certain gear (resist gear). The cloak is neither of these (except for ordos, cuz the cloak is an account wide attunement for that). For all other raiding content, just because some groups require you to have the cloak, does not mean that stops you from participating. It just stops you from participating in their group. There are plenty of groups that do not require the cloak. Even if you cannot find such a group, start your own. If there are so many people out there being deprived of raiding because of the cloak you should have no problem getting a group going. IT IS NOT HARD.

  13. #413
    I don't know I have 5 toons and have already got the cape on 2 toons

    need 1 runestones on mage and she will probably get her legendary by the end of tonight
    need 10 runestones on druid and hopefully get her legendary after next reset
    need 5 secrets on priest before I can move onto runestone

    The quest doesnt bother me as much as some of the LFR fail group I ran into as LFR is sorta the quickest way to cap VP and get loot anyway.

    Btw...I got called a nutcase by my guildies for trying to get the cape on all 90s I have....I don't get why as in my mind it is the BiS for the tier and I want to get or at least attempt to get a BiS set of gear on all toons before WoD.

    In saying that I used to raid regularly on N/HM on all 4 toons I had back in Cata so yeah I am used to grinding for gear
    Last edited by Emily314; 2014-02-12 at 12:39 AM.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    There is a big difference. Attunements and resist gear is blizzard's systems requiring something before you can enter (attunements) or making an encounter impossible to defeat without certain gear (resist gear). The cloak is neither of these (except for ordos, cuz the cloak is an account wide attunement for that). For all other raiding content, just because some groups require you to have the cloak, does not mean that stops you from participating. It just stops you from participating in their group. There are plenty of groups that do not require the cloak. Even if you cannot find such a group, start your own. If there are so many people out there being deprived of raiding because of the cloak you should have no problem getting a group going. IT IS NOT HARD.
    SoO is balanced around the legendary cloak and gem. Saying they're not required is saying that an overgeared group is going to carry your ass. How fun and engaging.

    The gem is over 4k spirit for some healers, and the cloak+gem for DPS is worth 40-60k or more DPS. For some healers, the cloak contributes 10-15% of their total healing. It's absurd to expect players and Blizzard to not require the legendaries for current content. No raid required all their DPS to be rogues with Fangs of the Father or DKs with Shadowmourne like it does now with the cloaks.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-02-12 at 12:54 AM.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Even if you cannot find such a group, start your own. If there are so many people out there being deprived of raiding because of the cloak you should have no problem getting a group going. IT IS NOT HARD.
    Start a group. You should at least have done it before starting a group. How on earth are you going to be a RL without having been there first? Guilds do as progression with a tight knit unit so they learn that way. It's a typical catch 22. You need to have done it to be able to do it.

  16. #416
    It's definitely an issue with alts when good groups are demanding cloaks. I put in my time learning the fights, I can execute the fights, I shouldn't have to put myself through progression again on my alt for the sake of another 2 month grind to the cloak just so he is invited to groups.

    It's not hard, but it is very tedious. I've pretty much forsaken my alts at this point in the game, using them only for their professions. Even with 540~ ilvl alts I've been denied entry to runs. Yeah you could blame it on the group leader and talk about how unrealistic it is, but there is certainly a stigma surrounding characters not having it.

    I don't think the solution is giving away cloaks to alts of players who have completed it, but expediting the chain further shouldn't be too unreasonable.

  17. #417
    After getting an orange cloak on 5 toons, all I can say is I wish they would make black prince rep grindable on timeless isle. It got bumped up to include the current patches "daily" mobs each patch... Until 5.4.

    It's just inconsistent -.-

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    After getting an orange cloak on 5 toons, all I can say is I wish they would make black prince rep grindable on timeless isle. It got bumped up to include the current patches "daily" mobs each patch... Until 5.4.

    It's just inconsistent -.-
    This is actually a good point but then they have already got Emperor rep grind on the way to Ordos

  19. #419
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    After getting an orange cloak on 5 toons, all I can say is I wish they would make black prince rep grindable on timeless isle. It got bumped up to include the current patches "daily" mobs each patch... Until 5.4.

    It's just inconsistent -.-
    The rep grind though is easy and relaxing and fairly quick. That is certainly the least aggravating part of the whole quest chain.

    Needing to do EVERY BOSS in certain wings of LFR (for stones of whatever type) on the other hand can be a real pain.

    I had my first cloak on day 1 of 5.4. I just finished a 2nd one an hour or so ago, on a toon that dinged 90 on 12/7. It was kind of grindy but it's done *shrug*. Now I'll go finish a couple more I guess.

    They could nerf the chain and I wouldn't mind, but I'm fine with it as it is now too.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The rep grind though is easy and relaxing and fairly quick. That is certainly the least aggravating part of the whole quest chain.

    Needing to do EVERY BOSS in certain wings of LFR (for stones of whatever type) on the other hand can be a real pain.

    I had my first cloak on day 1 of 5.4. I just finished a 2nd one an hour or so ago, on a toon that dinged 90 on 12/7. It was kind of grindy but it's done *shrug*. Now I'll go finish a couple more I guess.

    They could nerf the chain and I wouldn't mind, but I'm fine with it as it is now too.
    The rep grind is easy and relaxing, but it's very repetitive as the best farming location has been the same since ToT released. And it's more of a thing that I only want to grind so many mobs. I *want* to finish shao-hao rep, however, a cloak on my alt is more important to me than a mount and I can't bring myself to sit there and grind mobs on thunder isle, AND on timeless.

    It's a matter of consistency (they upped the mobs you could get rep from with each patch until 5.4) and that I'd rather knock two sets of reps out at the same time as black prince rep is hardly the same thing it was in 5.0 when it was supposed to be a slow grind on a long journey to a legendary. The Legendary quest chain has been so gutted now in terms of grind length that it's just oddly inconsistent that they didn't allow Timeless mobs to grant BP rep.

    /endrant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •