1. #1

    Garrison wish list

    I know implementation of some things for garrisons would be impractical or time consuming. But assuming we could get a say in what goes into our garrison what would you like to see?

    1 . My other characters wandering around. Maybe they are playing hearthstone. Maybe they are at profession areas that they themselves can do ( my alt Druid jc is actually cutting jewels). It would be cool if I could see those chars as npcs.

    2. A display hall. Podiums where you can put armor sets or weapons that you love on display. It could be like the etherals holographic stuff. Just a place to show off cool gears and mounts.

  2. #2
    I think a system where the banners on your Garrison buildings are different based on your race (you can change it if you want), using the assets of the Argent Tournament (maybe slightly updated) would be great. Maybe even allow there to be a way to get banners of certain factions, like items that turn all the banners on your buildings into Ebon Blade or Argent Crusade banners.


    Example


    Alliance:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45018
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45019
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45021
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45020


    Horde:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45013
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45016
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45015
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45017

    And then the same for Worgen, Pandaren and Goblins. Goblins and Pandaren have a lot of banner assets already, only Worgen lack them. The Pandaren could have different banners (either in color: Tushui and Huojin) or shape (ragged and regal) or even both. I think that's a good idea, imo.


    And

    I hope they go beyond just trophies too. Sort of like how they expanded on non-combat pets when they made battle pets, by also using older content, instead of just Pandaren content (like pets dropping from older raids), they could add different kids of items from older and WoD content that they could show in the Garrisons. An example would be something like one of those Pandaren beds, or perhaps a Worgen rug or those pillories/stocks, or.. like one of those Goblin beach chairs, a goblin pin-up calendar to hang on the walls, maybe even those Goblin swimming pools and golf terrains.


    I mean.. those assets are rotting/wasting away in the files anyway, may as well get some cool uses out of it. I know I would kill for a Goblin swimming pool in my Garrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    2. A display hall. Podiums where you can put armor sets or weapons that you love on display. It could be like the etherals holographic stuff. Just a place to show off cool gears and mounts.
    We're sort of getting that. For the mounts and pets at least, also for certain achievements and boss trophies.

  4. #4
    I'd love to have my alts inside my garrison, with their professions available to my main when I visit.
    I would also appreciate AH, but it is impossible Blizzard would serve such an option.

  5. #5
    1) Race-based architecture and structures.

    2) GOTO 1
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."


    I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

  6. #6
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Well, I have a few things I'd like to see done with Garrisons eventually.

    1. Since new buildings cost a raid tier, why not translate this new interest in props into race-based props? Put a Draenei in the Blacksmith slot, get draenei props in your Blacksmith. Your enchanter is a Pandaren? Pandaren props in the Enchanting hut.

    2. Keep the followers beyond WoD. Even if Garrisons get upgraded, let our followers follow us to whatever continent is next.

    3. Make Garrisons feel alive. Un-assigned followers? Have them wander the Garrison. And for the love of god don't leave the working followers standing around as merchants. Have them doing their job!

    4. Building. Variety. Not all buildings need an associated profession, some can be (gasp) cosmetic.

    5. Don't force us to build in the zone closest to the raids. Zeppelins, flight paths, even portals. Give us a way to make a Garrison in Nagrand viable if our raid is in Gorgrond.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  7. #7
    The Patient sykoex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    213
    Make Gul'dan and Grom come and attack the garrison every so often

    Have interesting lore events and/or cutscenes occur at our garrison. (Varian arrives to survey the garrison's progress)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well, I have a few things I'd like to see done with Garrisons eventually.

    1. Since new buildings cost a raid tier, why not translate this new interest in props into race-based props? Put a Draenei in the Blacksmith slot, get draenei props in your Blacksmith. Your enchanter is a Pandaren? Pandaren props in the Enchanting hut.

    2. Keep the followers beyond WoD. Even if Garrisons get upgraded, let our followers follow us to whatever continent is next.

    3. Make Garrisons feel alive. Un-assigned followers? Have them wander the Garrison. And for the love of god don't leave the working followers standing around as merchants. Have them doing their job!

    4. Building. Variety. Not all buildings need an associated profession, some can be (gasp) cosmetic.

    5. Don't force us to build in the zone closest to the raids. Zeppelins, flight paths, even portals. Give us a way to make a Garrison in Nagrand viable if our raid is in Gorgrond.
    Those are all excellent Ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Make Gul'dan and Grom come and attack the garrison every so often

    Have interesting lore events and/or cutscenes occur at our garrison. (Varian arrives to survey the garrison's progress)
    That would be awesome as long as it doesn't force me to sink loads of gold in repairments (like BIG loeads)

  9. #9
    Class buildings

    I would love to have a necropolis all over my garrison

  10. #10
    Racial buildings is my biggest wish.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Magicalcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Your local Aquarium
    Posts
    119
    Horde buildings that aren't orc-themed, plz.

    I'm very tired of spikes and death-stables. They're definitely not the first things that pop into my head when I think of the Horde.

  12. #12
    Draenei architecture.

    That's probably unlikely though. I'd at the very least like the "draenei" JC building to actually be a draenei building instead of a human building with purple crystals.

    Also, I really want to be able to change out the human banners and colors for draenei ones.

    Oh, and if I have to slum it in the human dump I better get a follower that will clean the chamber pot for me.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2014-02-12 at 09:22 AM.

  13. #13
    Racial themed architecture for the next expansion. Followers to actually have a personality - So my inkeeper is different to my friend's inkeeper, stuff like that. Also for followers to do their job and not just stand around selling stuff. A Zeppelin Tower for the Horde and an airstrip for the Alliance would be pretty cool, though probably best saved for when we're not stuck on another planet.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  14. #14
    Pit Lord NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Flatopia, Tsundereland
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    Horde buildings that aren't orc-themed, plz.

    I'm very tired of spikes and death-stables. They're definitely not the first things that pop into my head when I think of the Horde.
    When I think of horde I see filthy savages in huts. Pretty spot on.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I would also appreciate AH, but it is impossible Blizzard would serve such an option.
    Would make it easier for AH bots to go on unnoticed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ¤ Let us create our own followers(looks and names).
    ¤ Race specific buildings.
    ¤ When we reach exalted with a faction a representative quartermaster from that faction will sell their items at our Garrison.
    ¤ Garrison achievements that will unlock portals to older expansion capitals aswell as all race capitals.
    You know when people want you to tell them the truth? They lie.

  16. #16
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    ¤ When we reach exalted with a faction a representative quartermaster from that faction will sell their items at our Garrison.
    ¤ Garrison achievements that will unlock portals to older expansion capitals aswell as all race capitals.
    These get my vote.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Racial themed architecture for the next expansion. Followers to actually have a personality - So my inkeeper is different to my friend's inkeeper, stuff like that. Also for followers to do their job and not just stand around selling stuff. A Zeppelin Tower for the Horde and an airstrip for the Alliance would be pretty cool, though probably best saved for when we're not stuck on another planet.
    We think quite alike.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  17. #17
    Scarab Lord Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    4,085
    Ploppable buildings anywhere we want, not just on specific "building hubs".

    Racial-themed buildings

    Seeing your alts in your garrison

    Ploppable decorations like fountains, plants, banners.

    I expect none of this.

    BONUS EDIT: I also want NPCs and so-called "mercenaries" to have names, personalities and conversation points. If I get "Orc Shaman Mercenary" following me instead of "Dumblud Fistseer" I'll be upset.
    Last edited by Humbugged; 2014-02-12 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Concequence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    383
    Id like:
    Zepplin Towers (at least 1 level 100, skill capped engineer),
    Portals (player has at least 1 level 100 mage),
    Auction house, and Bank ( player has over 1mil combined gold on their characters)
    Alts to be present in my Garrison if they are level 100, and offer their Services if they are profession capped.
    Garrison Themes, aka. Orc, Forsaken, Troll, Tauren, Blood Elf, Goblin, Pandaren. ... appropriate building graphics for each theme. (player alt with appropriate race)
    If player has a Miner, Offer A Mine with ore. If player has an Herbalist, offer fields with herbs. (Limited Resources with upkeep price)
    Your Mounts appear at stables, a Couple random pets hang out around the Garrison, possible random interactions depending on pets/mounts you own.
    Garrison Invasions! ... Mini game, your followers and party members help defend your base.

    Garrisons have so many possibilites. I really hope these become a ongoing feature of future expansions/patches
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

  19. #19
    Transmoggable followers

    Have your alts be random NPCs walking around your garrisons.

    Mounts in stables.

  20. #20
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    If player has a Miner, Offer A Mine with ore. If player has an Herbalist, offer fields with herbs. (Limited Resources with upkeep price)
    Your Mounts appear at stables, a Couple random pets hang out around the Garrison, possible random interactions depending on pets/mounts you own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

    Mounts in stables.
    Already been confirmed. In the case of the mine, it's supposedly going to be a default building you get along with your Town Hall.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •