Page 1 of 22
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    This legendary is a freaking nightmare

    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

    I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

    legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

    is it just me?

    legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

    thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

    any thoughts ?

  2. #2
    This is what happens with welfare legendaries.

  3. #3
    dinged 2days ago atm siting 9power 8wisdom o.0 prolly tomorrow will get 10/10, the rep farm is what i hate, just dpsing mobs in vale is soo boooring!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

    I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

    legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

    is it just me?

    legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

    thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

    any thoughts ?
    My first thought is that you are complaining about getting a legendary item on an alt.

    Having the cape isn't be-all end-all. I started this expo up just pre SoO, I got the cape on my Main, that's enough. Why do your alts _have_ to have it? You make it sound like they are unplayable without it.

  5. #5
    If you don't want to do it then don't do it. If you want to do it then do it like everyone does.

  6. #6
    Coming soon in the Blizzard shop near you...

  7. #7
    Why are you caring about the Legendary at this point in the game?

    If you want alts, level alts, It doesn't matter about the Cloak, within the next 6 months it is going to become useless and you will end up bagging it / deleting it.


    Do things that are going to benefit you in the long term: Having the alts you want already leveled and geared up to level once again in the new expansion.

    Welfare legendries for the win.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 2chicken2die View Post
    If you don't want to do it then don't do it. If you want to do it then do it like everyone does.
    and be the weaker guy, I actually wanna change my main to raid on an alt insted but i cant, just cant cause it will completely stop our progress

  9. #9
    There should be something for alts though. It was nice when the perks (the gem and the socket) were relevant during the content. Too bad Bliz didn't add a bonus rep thing for Black Prince rep, I agree that was the most pain in the neck part now to do. Also with the achievement system, the 3k valor should just be checked with the achievement. All other drops should stay as is.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    and be the weaker guy, I actually wanna change my main to raid on an alt insted but i cant, just cant cause it will completely stop our progress
    Your 'progress' depends entirely on 1 item? Yeah, that sounds realistic.

  11. #11
    Part of the reason a random drop legendary was good was because it wasn't considered a mandatory thing in order to do well. With quest-line legendaries, there is no excuse not to have one other than bad RNG. And because good RNG exists just as much as bad RNG does, the game is balanced under the pretense of decent RNG.

    Which means those with good RNG get way ahead
    and those with bad RNG fall way behind.

    At this point in the expansion, not having the legendary is a heavy DPS loss. But people who just dinged 90 don't even have a chance at getting the cape for another 2 months no matter how hard they work at it. With random drops, you couldn't EXPECT people to have those legendaries. Only the highest ranked people could even hope to get them, and through that, people did not have to get the legendary if they so chose not to. Which meant content had to be tuned WITHOUT legendaries in mind.

    As soon as 5.4 hit, anyone who gave a damn had a legendary cloak, and the DPS increase that came with it. And because of that, the bosses in SoO had to be tuned to account for an entire raid with legendary cloaks and legendary meta gems. Blizzard introduced Flex as the way to jump from LFR to Normal, yet they still allow such a huge difference between Flex and Normal simply because anyone without a legendary cloak isn't doing enough DPS to get through normal modes.

    And that's what's wrong with the legendary cloak. I don't give a damn if everyone has a chance to get it, but at least make it semi-uncommon so not everyone and their mother is expected to have it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Your 'progress' depends entirely on 1 item? Yeah, that sounds realistic.
    When one item accounts for 30-60k DPS depending on your class, it's entirely realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Your 'progress' depends entirely on 1 item? Yeah, that sounds realistic.
    it a 15% boost, yes it is realistic

  13. #13
    Warchief Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    2,120
    how long did it take for people to make their staffs and daggers back in cata? just as long if i remember right?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  14. #14
    Also dont forget that the bosses in SoO are tuned for people having the legendary, lets see a raid of 10 people with no legendary kill heroic bosses

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    Heals and tanks don't need that shit, basically only DPS so....roll a tank/healer? IDK.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    how long did it take for people to make their staffs and daggers back in cata? just as long if i remember right?
    the bosses in cata could be killed with no legendary, in SoO 10 people without the legendary will have a realy hard time like my alt runs

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Your 'progress' depends entirely on 1 item? Yeah, that sounds realistic.
    Those legendary cloaks / gems are no joke. They are incredibly good and do a huge amount of dps / healing / mitigation. If his guild is doing heroics, they would not realistically want his alt with no legends instead of his main with both. Especially from a dps point of view.

    OT: I agree that the grind seems brutal for an alt. I had a guild member get his gem just to immediately change to priest because we needed him to. The grind is annoying to do on an alt. I still cant bring myself to start. Yet again, I seem to be doing competitive dps against other rogues wearing them. Even some that are higher ilevel then me.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    how long did it take for people to make their staffs and daggers back in cata? just as long if i remember right?
    In WOTLK/BC/Vanilla, getting a legendary wasn't an expansion long quest based around doing LFR week after week with artificial gating to it... Sure, they were based on luck, but that meant they weren't a requirement.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    how long did it take for people to make their staffs and daggers back in cata? just as long if i remember right?
    Only one person got those though. It didn't make a huge difference that not everyone was decked in it.

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk Sunnydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lamp?
    Posts
    1,799
    [Trade]: LFM SoO first boss hc rest normal. req: 555ilvl and legend cloak!!


    ^ so common on my realm
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •