Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    so having 3 month grind to switch main is ok?
    Sounds like the real purpose of this thread is for you to bitch about making a mistake picking your main so now you're that guy that is gonna cry about having to reroll.

Funny how two months suddenly turns into three months.

Two months is fine. Even three months would be fine. That's the price you pay when you reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchuchu View Post
    Funny how two months suddenly turns into three months.

Two months is fine. Even three months would be fine. That's the price you pay when you reroll.
    tow month is being super lucky, it usually take 3, also its not fine, it was never like that.
    if i'm even thinking about leveling an alt now its for WoD or i should put tons of LFR hours to get it....this suck, i dont wanna do this i dont have the time for this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Sounds like the real purpose of this thread is for you to bitch about making a mistake picking your main so now you're that guy that is gonna cry about having to reroll.
    my main is a warrior, and i love it, never gonna change main

tow month is being super lucky, it usually take 3, also its not fine, it was never like that.
    if i'm even thinking about leveling an alt now its for WoD or i should put tons of LFR hours to get it....this suck, i dont wanna do this i dont have the time for this

- - - Updated - - -

my main is a warrior, and i love it, never gonna change main
    Then why do you bring up some hypothetical statement "but what if you don't like your main"? Fishing for sympathy? It's always gonna be the same answer if you want the legenedary. You need to get it again on your alt or reroll.

You do realise your alt can fight Ordos and get a set of warforged gear without the cape, since your main has one (it unlocks Ordos for your entire account), right?

It was never like that? It was never like what? When I got my cloak the first time around it took pretty close to a year because of halted progression until Blizz released the next part of the quest line.

No one is forcing you to get a legendary cloak. Don't want to do it? Then don't.

u are drinking some strong kool aid, cape + meta can be up to 130k DPS in some fights
    Not sure where you get 130k DPS from, but just looking at Heroic parses on warcraftlogs.com, the average amount of DPS gained from both the cloak and the meta is less than 10%. Just an example and looking at the top warrior (Glennani from Pure (Turalyon-EU)) on Heroic Protectors:
    Total damage done: 179,067,851.

Damage from Flurry of Xuen (legendary cloak proc): 8,604,684.
    Simple math puts the cloak at 4.805264569797065% of his total damage.

Damage from Lightning Strike (meta proc): 1,655,048
    More math puts the meta at 0.9242574760111462% of his total damage.

Combined they only made up 5.7% of his total damage done.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Sounds like your guild is being exclusionary about something that isn't necessary.
    It's not necessary in the same sense that pants aren't necessary. The raid bosses are tuned to a difficulty that gives a desired completion % assuming the raiders have the cloak. If the raiders don't have the cloak, the tuning is harder than intended.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-01-30 at 05:08 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I agree that the legendary chain is complete nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure where you get 130k DPS from, but just looking at Heroic parses on warcraftlogs.com, the average amount of DPS gained from both the cloak and the meta is less than 10%. Just an example and looking at the top warrior (Glennani from Pure (Turalyon-EU)) on Heroic Protectors:
    The meta is a huge deal for healers but so-so for geared DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Coming soon in the Blizzard shop near you...
    Farora just won the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    My first thought is that you are complaining about getting a legendary item on an alt.

Having the cape isn't be-all end-all. I started this expo up just pre SoO, I got the cape on my Main, that's enough. Why do your alts _have_ to have it? You make it sound like they are unplayable without it.
    lol that's what I'm saying, "god I have to get this legendary on an ALT? GAWD BLIZZ Y U SO BAD."

Quote Originally Posted by Uchuchu View Post
    It was never like that? It was never like what? When I got my cloak the first time around it took pretty close to a year because of halted progression until Blizz released the next part of the quest line.

No one is forcing you to get a legendary cloak. Don't want to do it? Then don't.
    it was never like that with other legendary, 1 item that destroyed my alt runs
    get 10 people with out cape and go run SoO...good luck

You don't have to grind for 3 months to switch mains -_-

Nothing is stopping you from raiding without the cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

2 months out of what will be an 18 + month expansion? Draconian.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    lol that's what I'm saying, "god I have to get this legendary on an ALT? GAWD BLIZZ Y U SO BAD."
    fine, so dont attune an entire raid for having legendary cape/meta and see how easy SoO would have been with it
    make it attuned to 10 people not having the cape.

Damage from Flurry of Xuen (legendary cloak proc): 8,604,684.
    Simple math puts the cloak at 4.805264569797065% of his total damage.

Damage from Lightning Strike (meta proc): 1,655,048
    More math puts the meta at 0.9242574760111462% of his total damage.

Combined they only made up 5.7% of his total damage done.
    ^ Exactly what I've been saying. It's about 5% or less on my Rogue as well.

Although I will say it is a MONSTER on short-term AoE, like for mowing down trash. I've seen it up to like 20% on that

- - - Updated - - -

fine, so dont attune an entire raid for having legendary cape/meta and see how easy SoO would have been with it
    make it attuned to 10 people not having the cape.
    For the hundredth time SoO is not tuned to require you to have the cape.

And you mean tuned, not attuned. Attuned would mean you need it to enter the instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You don't have to grind for 3 months to switch mains -_-

Nothing is stopping you from raiding without the cloak.
    im stopped by the raid dificulty, go kill bosses with 10 people not having the cape and the meta and tell me that it can be done
    also i dont have the time to do it on my alts, put 1 and 1 together and BOOM my guild alt run just exploded

wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    "I'm a slow leveler and I don't mind."

"Yet I feel entitled to have near-0 effort access to a max level legendary on all my alts just cause that'd be cool. I mind this grind because I want moar."

Apply this situation to any prior legendary. "Wah I can't get Tarecgosa's staff on every one of my caster alts like every week."
    Doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ^ Exactly what I've been saying. It's about 5% or less on my Rogue as well.

Although I will say it is a MONSTER on short-term AoE, like for mowing down trash. I've seen it up to like 20% on that

- - - Updated - - -

For the hundredth time SoO is not tuned to require you to have the cape.

And you mean tuned, not attuned. Attuned would mean you need it to enter the instance.
    it is tuned for having it cause if it wasn't then the place would have been realy realy easy when u do have it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    "I'm a slow leveler and I don't mind."

"Yet I feel entitled to have near-0 effort access to a max level legendary on all my alts just cause that'd be cool. I mind this grind because I want moar."

Apply this situation to any prior legendary. "Wah I can't get Tarecgosa's staff on every one of my caster alts like every week."
    Doesn't really work.
    Tarecgosa's staff was obteined by 1 person, and if u didnt have it u were still good to raid! its not the case with this cape