Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    it a 15% boost, yes it is realistic
    This is the end of the expan. you having one and you not having one wont change anything important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    This is what happens with welfare legendaries.
    Yeah becouse first everyone cry that it to easy to get the back it shouldn´t be a legendary becouse its so easy to get and everyone will run around with it so it doesn´t make me a super special snowflake to have it, and now when everyone starts to want it on their alts its buu huuu it takes to long to get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Why would you need the legendary on an alt?
    One reason could be that some groups wont take you unless you have it in Flex/Normal SoO PUG's.
    Another is that you miss out on a HUGE dps increase if you dont have it.

I would love them to at least remove the 3K valor earned part.
    There is nothing Legendary about farming Valor Points....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    I doubt that Blizzard is designing around people that want to do cutting edge raiding on their alts even.... I think the group for that is just too small. It does not prevent you really, it just is daunting... I felt it was a (too) long trip too especially considering the crappy PVP part one had to do. And even though i would like it on my alts it would not make sense. Having legendary has never been easier.
    You would have the same hard time getting them on alts in previous expansions. Just thinking back to WotLK. How long did it take to get the legendary? How many people did it on their alts?
    Now it seems that just because a legendary is within reach for everyone, all of a sudden it needs to be simpified. While I do think it would have been nice to make it shorter, I can understand why it's long and there is no NEED for it to be shorter. We're talking alts mostly.

- - - Updated - - -

This says more about your guild mates than anything about the game really...

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close to EVERYONE has the cloak. Was around 20+% a while ago. And powerful? It can be, you can get 10-15% dmg increase on average if I recall correctly. Then again, for raiding if one or two dps don't have the cloak it's not killing the raid... I have seen guilds crush bosses with not even half of the DPS having the cloak... so mandatory? No way. Not for Flex or Normal, big perhaps in HC where it might give a guild the edge they need because they keep failing on the last few percent...
    I can only agree with this. I also want to point out that I have no idea where the hell these guys gets these notes that the cape is required.

I have never seen anyone ask for a cloak when pugging in local or trade. high ilvl yes but no cloak. for god sake its only around 20% of the entire wow population not including alts that has the damn thing.

Take my guild, we are a casual raiding guild (even if some beg to differ) we have 4 raiding soon 5 4 of the teams are progressing heroic one is at 9 heroic kills atm. neither of them is asking for cloak or insanely high ilvl. they only ask for experience and will only kick you if you can't bring that.

Its the same with just about any other guild ive seen on my server and it is not small. There is some guild that has ridiguless requirements but those are those who wish to be carried. those with skill care less about it cause they know they can easily carry normal mode with 1 suppar player.
    Heroic it gets harder but if the guy is serious about things and there is something to get there they are willing to bring him along during progress.

Basicly stop whining cause you are not entitled for anything. (please note im not refering to the guy im quoting but the whiners out there.)
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Probably THE reason why i didn't bothered to gear up my alts.... at the end you'll need to get that epic cloak, which will take forever...

Hope blizz finally removes epics from the game. But i wouldn't mind some extra spell upgrades after one has hit lev 100.

Deleted
    There is a special type of person who finds this an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    You're getting a guaranteed legendary - provided you put in the time. Much like the violet-proto drake from "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been"...you get something pretty special by putting in the time. If you don't feel it is special enough to put in the time, don't.
    And notice that Blizzard finally had the sense to cave in and give every single character on your account access to the viole-proto drake once you've earned it on one character. I don't think the OP is complaining about having to invest time in getting the legendary -- at least not the first time. I think he's just frustrated at the prospect of having to go through the whole frustrating process again on each alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    I think he's just frustrated at the prospect of having to go through the whole frustrating process again on each alt.
    Blizzard wants people to stay subbed. Requiring a long grind for the FIRST character to get a legendary does that. Requiring it for alts, not so much (and that would actually inhibit people from buying new lvl 90 alts, assuming that becomes possible.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    I could go on, but you get the gist.
    I don't get the gist because:
    1. You linked to a post that you then paraphrased. I mean, I understand cutting parts out, but at least leave the original text intact instead of completely replacing it.
    2. You replaced that text with your own personal interpretation of what he meant, and the whole point of my post was that you were reading far more into his post than he intended. Where in his post did he mention guild alt runs?
    3. If one of his replies stated that he wanted to change mains why didn't you link that post instead? That's a completely separate issue, and has nothing to do with guild alt runs. At this point you're talking about guild progression runs, and alts without capes probably have no place there.
    4. I was agreeing with your statement that the cape shouldn't keep you out of guild alt runs. Switching mains is a completely separate issue, and if you're trying to imply that the cape shouldn't keep you out of progression raids I'm going to have to disagree. It's the equivalent of saying that gems and enchants should have no bearing on whether or not you're allowed to raid with your guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Yes I agree that wasting time AFKing in LFR for several hours every week hoping for drops is totally fun and engaging and joyful experience for everyone.
    Good luck trying to complete anything by AFKing in LFR these days. That only works the first couple of weeks when actual raiders are trying to supplement their gear to expedite their progression. After that there's little room or tolerance for dead weight.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

This legendary is an alt killers, period. im hearing it a lot
    its mind numbing grind that have 0 fun in it....that fact that u can get it is what make it terrible design
    no having it is like not having any add on, or being a clicker, it can be done, but the fact that u can do better makes u want to do better, make u wanna learn key binds and rotations.....and it also make u wanna get your BiS cape...and the way to get there is by mind numbing LFR no fun experience

just remove it

Deleted
    all would be easier if i could avoid LFR. if there would be a quest, kill 100,000 creatures on timeless island or thunder island I would rather do that on three of my toons

Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    all would be easier if i could avoid LFR. if there would be a quest, kill 100,000 creatures on timeless island or thunder island I would rather do that on three of my toons
    Yeah, if it weren't for the need to do LFR, I would get it on alts. But I don't do LFR on any toons since I finished my legendary on my main. Flex would be an option if it weren't for the older tiers.

Well nooone runs MSV/HoF/ToES/ToT now, which drops legendary stuff, plus legendaries are being requirements to run SoO, meaning that you are pretty much forced to run LFR in any case
    Whereas before you would have no alternative option to get geared aside from forcing the entire guild to run you through old content. This is why guilds resorted to poaching from one another instead. It's ironic that you bitch so much about LFR when in the old days you would have been completely shut out instead. The other option, of your entire guild running you through the old raids on a weekly basis, is still available by the way. If anyone is forcing you to run LFR it's your guild, not the game.

Because AFKing in LFR totally makes you into awesome player ready for heroic raiding right?
    So apparently your only exposure to LFR is the Preach video. Please AFK through SOO this Monday night and tell me how it goes.

Why the heck would anyone run ToT normal/heroic to get just the legendaries?
    So you're effectively admitting that doing LFR for the legendary is your personal preference rather than something forced on you by the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    100% rep bonus from accomodation + warscout/warbringer farming can easily get you exalted with all factions in 1 day. plus dungeon and scenario for daily 1000 rep. mist is the most alt friednly expansion so far.
    Now it is, but that wasn't always the case. The dungeon/scenario/farm/commendation alternative to rep grinding was introduced as a way to mitigate the flood waters generated by the prodigious tears of players who were forced to grind the rep exclusively through dailies in the first few MoP patches. Still, it seems like every time Blizzard throws the alts a bone they follow up with a new gut punch. It is what it is, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Part of the reason a random drop legendary was good was because it wasn't considered a mandatory thing in order to do well. With quest-line legendaries, there is no excuse not to have one other than bad RNG. And because good RNG exists just as much as bad RNG does, the game is balanced under the pretense of decent RNG.

Which means those with good RNG get way ahead
    and those with bad RNG fall way behind.

At this point in the expansion, not having the legendary is a heavy DPS loss. But people who just dinged 90 don't even have a chance at getting the cape for another 2 months no matter how hard they work at it. With random drops, you couldn't EXPECT people to have those legendaries. Only the highest ranked people could even hope to get them, and through that, people did not have to get the legendary if they so chose not to. Which meant content had to be tuned WITHOUT legendaries in mind.

As soon as 5.4 hit, anyone who gave a damn had a legendary cloak, and the DPS increase that came with it. And because of that, the bosses in SoO had to be tuned to account for an entire raid with legendary cloaks and legendary meta gems. Blizzard introduced Flex as the way to jump from LFR to Normal, yet they still allow such a huge difference between Flex and Normal simply because anyone without a legendary cloak isn't doing enough DPS to get through normal modes.

And that's what's wrong with the legendary cloak. I don't give a damn if everyone has a chance to get it, but at least make it semi-uncommon so not everyone and their mother is expected to have it.

- - - Updated - - -

When one item accounts for 30-60k DPS depending on your class, it's entirely realistic.
    Yes a legendary boost is significant

No, an alt shouldnt be able to reach maximum potential of your main in only 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Yes a legendary boost is significant

No, an alt shouldnt be able to reach maximum potential of your main in only 2 months.
    2 month of what? not of gearing in old content, not questing leveling exploring
    its 2 month (at best) of waiting

I don't get the gist because:
    1. You linked to a post that you then paraphrased. I mean, I understand cutting parts out, but at least leave the original text intact instead of completely replacing it.
    I paraphrased nothing. Each one of those (to include my quote of your post) were copied and pasted directly from numerous of his own statements throughout this thread and he continues to state this is about alts and how not having the cloak has destroyed alt runs.

2. You replaced that text with your own personal interpretation of what he meant, and the whole point of my post was that you were reading far more into his post than he intended. Where in his post did he mention guild alt runs?
    I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt (OP)

I actually wanna change my main to raid on an alt insted but i cant (#8)

in SoO 10 people without the legendary will have a realy hard time like my alt runs (#16)

basicly if i wanna raid with an alt that im starting today i wont be able to raid SoO anytime soon (#73)

the diffrent is: u could raid without other legendary, but u cant raid without this one, our alt run that i enjoyed fell apart....if u dont belive me pick up 10 people with no legendary and go kill bosses (#77)
    Every single one of those was directly copied out of his posts. I was responding to a specific point that you made so I didn't copy the rest of the posts, just the relevant portions.
    Just to add to my list above (#123):

would u level a char now? this post is mainly cause of this specific item making me not wanna level an alt, and im not the only one and thats just bad
    Specifically stating it destroyed his guild alt run (#243)
    im stopped by the raid dificulty, go kill bosses with 10 people not having the cape and the meta and tell me that it can be done
    also i dont have the time to do it on my alts, put 1 and 1 together and BOOM my guild alt run just exploded

3. If one of his replies stated that he wanted to change mains why didn't you link that post instead? That's a completely separate issue, and has nothing to do with guild alt runs. At this point you're talking about guild progression runs, and alts without capes probably have no place there.

4. I was agreeing with your statement that the cape shouldn't keep you out of guild alt runs. Switching mains is a completely separate issue, and if you're trying to imply that the cape shouldn't keep you out of progression raids I'm going to have to disagree. It's the equivalent of saying that gems and enchants should have no bearing on whether or not you're allowed to raid with your guild.
    I completely agree, but that was just one of the statements he made. If you're going to change mains, you do what you need to do to get your character competitive again - regardless of what it takes.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    I paraphrased nothing. Each one of those (to include my quote of your post) were copied and pasted directly from numerous of his own statements throughout this thread and he continues to state this is about alts and how not having the cloak has destroyed alt runs.
    Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying. I agree that it's unreasonable to expect to switch mains in the middle of progression. Flex is the intended path for guild alt runs. When my guild started its progression half the raid members didn't have a cape and they still got a few bosses in without it. I've done 14/14 Flex runs with people lacking capes, so I know it's possible. It kind of sucks that raids are tuned that way, but that's the stance Blizzard wanted to take for it. Flex fills the niche that normal 10 man raiding in WotLK did, Normal equates to 25 man raiding in WotLK, and heroic is comparable to 25-man hard mode raiding in WotLK. LFR replaces heroic dungeons from WotLK. If you want to jump straight into normal/heroic raids, then you're going to have to grind out the cape. Personally I'm not in a hurry to do either.

It'll be interesting to see what Blizzard brings in WoD for alts and the legendary. If nothing changes then they are fine with how it worked in MoP and still believe in the philosophy of "alts should be played". If they do make it easier to do on alts though, they'll have decided that that philosophy was a mistake.

Sort of like how they hung on to the hard 5 mans in Cata until they revealed their new plans and said it was a mistake. They stick to their old philosophies until a new one exists to replace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now it is, but that wasn't always the case. The dungeon/scenario/farm/commendation alternative to rep grinding was introduced as a way to mitigate the flood waters generated by the prodigious tears of players who were forced to grind the rep exclusively through dailies in the first few MoP patches. Still, it seems like every time Blizzard throws the alts a bone they follow up with a new gut punch. It is what it is, I guess.
    That is true but I saw no where in the post that he/it was refering to then or now.
    Saying mist of pandaria was the most alt unfriendly expansion in the start is true. saying mist of pandaria is the most alt unfriendly expansion is not true. it has never been easier... well except tabard doing dungeon stuff but hey that was TOO EASY
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

2 weeks for runestones? What game are you playing?