Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    2 weeks for runestones? What game are you playing?
    Yeah, i'm at 14/16 and I can't even remember when did I start cause of how long it took

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    Yeah, i'm at 14/16 and I can't even remember when did I start cause of how long it took
    EDIT:
    secrets is 20 runestones is 12 below is secrets for me

Some people is lucky other is not so lucky.

My priest took 8 weeks getting it. this was before soo
    My dk took 5 weeks. this was before soo
    my paladin so far has gotten 4 out of 6 bosses tried
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-02-01 at 06:43 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

ive not even bothered getting it on my main, I still outheal the other healers (which all have it) knowledge is still better than itemlevel you know, If your 15% dps lower than someone because of the cape, then they are really good, or you are really bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    OMG u dont get it do u!!!! its not hard to get its long to get, thats my problem, its a long sucky grind of doing LFR and flex pugs that make me not wanna do it.
    answer me that would u level an alt now, after u just finished this long grind on main, because i get put off by this and im not the only one
    i wish they would remove it just get rid of it so my best gearing up method will be thru old raids with out a 3 month grind rng crap

and the concept that u think the the u have to "suck balls" not to get it make it not a legendary, it should be hard, and i never had a legendary before this 1
    You really need to calm down, it's not that big of a deal. Chill.

And to answer your question, yes, I would level an alt now and am currently in the process of doing so, an 86 DK and 41 (I think) Monk. Will I go for the legendary cloak on them? Sure, if I really like the class at level cap and want to play it more. Also, you don't sound very happy for getting your first legendary to be honest, be happy that you have it on one char and see if you can get it on another, there's no need to freak out about it, especially seeing as though you're an 'average player', not a hardcore raider needing the cloak for progression, or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jimmy View Post
    You really need to calm down, it's not that big of a deal. Chill.

And to answer your question, yes, I would level an alt now and am currently in the process of doing so, an 86 DK and 41 (I think) Monk. Will I go for the legendary cloak on them? Sure, if I really like the class at level cap and want to play it more. Also, you don't sound very happy for getting your first legendary to be honest, be happy that you have it on one char and see if you can get it on another, there's no need to freak out about it, especially seeing as though you're an 'average player', not a hardcore raider needing the cloak for progression, or whatever.
    I concur. yes it takes a little while. but its worth the wait.
    And if you don't get into raids cause you don't have cloak start finding a new guild simply.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    100% rep bonus from accomodation + warscout/warbringer farming can easily get you exalted with all factions in 1 day. plus dungeon and scenario for daily 1000 rep. mist is the most alt friednly expansion so far
    1 ) not every class can solo warbringers and with so many dead realms out there ( especially low or medium English realms in the EU ) there's not even someone that farms that shit in a group this day and age.

2 ) 5.4 does not makes MoP the instant '' most alt friendly expansion so far '' , you clearly forgot the extremely gated and extremely needed daily grind in 5.0 if you had any ambition of staying / getting on your guilds raid team.

3 ) you clearly forgot the no fly crap till lvl 90 ( since we are talking alt friendly you also gotta include the lvling process )

4 ) The farm doesn't get remotely interesting in the beginning , nor profitable for rep. By the time it does take off any alt will already long be gone from that snoozefest.

5 ) previous expansions had the famous ''rep tabards'' , 5 man dungeons with catch up epics , and you didn't needed a plethora of dailies in the 1st content patch to get you in raid shape, in Cata you only needed Therazane for shoulder enchant and 1 other faction for your head enchant.

I hardly fail to see how Cata was less alt friendly than MoP when it had less/easier rep farm , same faceroll way to catchup gear ( ilvl 378 epic 5 man dungeons vs Timeless Isle tokens ) and it had flying at lvl 80 if you so wished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    1 ) not every class can solo warbringers and with so many dead realms out there ( especially low or medium English realms in the EU ) there's not even someone that farms that shit in a group this day and age.

Sorry but if you can't solo them you are simply bad. They are extremely easy and predictable. Just use your class arsenal.

2 ) 5.4 does not makes MoP the instant '' most alt friendly expansion so far '' , you clearly forgot the extremely gated and extremely needed daily grind in 5.0 if you had any ambition of staying / getting on your guilds raid team.

As far as I udnerstand recomendation did not arrive in 5.4 warbringers did not arrive in 5.4. And apparently your view and mien differs on the gear cause any good guild could not use the valor gear for shit anyway cause we already had the gear from normal mode. yes it was bad in start i agree but it changed and is now insanely alt friendly. also strange you failed to mention the additional 1000 rep from dungeons

3 ) you clearly forgot the no fly crap till lvl 90 ( since we are talking alt friendly you also gotta include the lvling process )

wow. because that makes the questing take so much longer. I dinged on my first char 27 hours after release including a 7 hour sleep period. none of my alts has taken more than 16 hours to level from 85 to 90. flying makes questing easier it does not make the game more alt friendly

4 ) The farm doesn't get remotely interesting in the beginning , nor profitable for rep. By the time it does take off any alt will already long be gone from that snoozefest.

I can agree there jsut listing the farm cause its a valid source of getting rep. also 2 days of farm and you are able to get it running so you can start getting rep with other factions

5 ) previous expansions had the famous ''rep tabards'' , 5 man dungeons with catch up epics , and you didn't needed a plethora of dailies in the 1st content patch to get you in raid shape, in Cata you only needed Therazane for shoulder enchant and 1 other faction for your head enchant.

This i agree with maybe i overstated saying it is the most alt friendly expansion. but saying this expansion is not altfriendly is simply wrong. cata was very easy but mist beats all the rest

I hardly fail to see how Cata was less alt friendly than MoP when it had less/easier rep farm , same faceroll way to catchup gear ( ilvl 378 epic 5 man dungeons vs Timeless Isle tokens ) and it had flying at lvl 80 if you so wished.

so 496 which takes an hour or 2 solo to get full gear or several days in a heroic dungeon with "noobs" whick makes you wanna take out your hair Yearh i know what I find more alt friendly.
    Comment in red

edit any case why would you ever get rep on your alts that serve no purpose anymore the only time it did was in 5.0 and there i agree it was not altfriendly but that quickly changed.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-02-01 at 07:19 AM.

it's impossible to switch mains this late in the expac if you haven't been regularly keeping up with the legendary quest on alts

10+ Year Old Account
    It helps filter the lazy and unwilling from obtaining it.

I mean, anyone can get lucky with a straight RNG drop. But this takes commitment.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You don't need a legendary on your alt. Do you understand that? Blizz has been making gearing alts faster than ever, yet people bitch about not getting the legendary. They made the quest quicker if you really want it. But in no way, shape, or form do you need it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then that's his problem.
    I agree with this.

and be the weaker guy, I actually wanna change my main to raid on an alt insted but i cant, just cant cause it will completely stop our progress
    If you were truly a good player, you wouldn't need the cloak to down bosses in any difficulty. I don't even USE the legendary healing cloak as a healer because its proc is so shitty for like 90% of the fights in SoO. I use the dps cloak for most of them.

This is literally the most retarded thread I have ever read. Did you even take a step back and read what you wrote before you posted? You sound like some whiny, entitled kid who thinks he should just get anything he wants, whenever he wants.

It's a legendary for a reason. Even though it's widely accessible to far more people than any legendary before it, doesn't mean you should just get one immediately just for picking your fucking nose.

I mean get a grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kcf912 View Post
    it's impossible to switch mains this late in the expac if you haven't been regularly keeping up with the legendary quest on alts
    I'm in a heroic raid group and we have had 3 people switch to alts due to change in our roster or various other reasons, and they did fine without the cloak. Certainly fine enough for their dps to not entirely suck without it.

There is no excuse for just being a bad, lazy little shit. That's all this is. Bads whining about how they can't "perform" well in a raid setting without a cloak that was already ridiculously UN-needed in the first place.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Some people is lucky other is not so lucky.

My priest took 8 weeks getting it. this was before soo
    My dk took 5 weeks. this was before soo
    my paladin so far has gotten 4 out of 6 bosses tried
    See I feel like I'm going crazy because someone was going off on me in a raid saying that you are guaranteed 2 every week if you do the 4 raid wings that drop them, but I've done them for a month and I've only gotten 2 total. So either I'm missing something or I'm going crazy or they are wrong. I even just did this last night before the reset because I was assuming I would get 2 and maybe I just forgot that I didn't do them all the last 3 weeks. Nope...didn't get a single one again. What am I missing?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    See I feel like I'm going crazy because someone was going off on me in a raid saying that you are guaranteed 2 every week if you do the 4 raid wings that drop them, but I've done them for a month and I've only gotten 2 total. So either I'm missing something or I'm going crazy or they are wrong. I even just did this last night before the reset because I was assuming I would get 2 and maybe I just forgot that I didn't do them all the last 3 weeks. Nope...didn't get a single one again. What am I missing?
    Lei Shen in Throne of Thunder drops one guaranteed per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    OMG FFS

Saying that the warglaives are just a luck thing only proves that you didn't play during TBC. Seriously, stop saying this. Saying the warglaives didn't require time/effort/multiple lockouts is like the dumbest thing imaginable.

Stop acting like anyone could just pug Black Temple no problem and faceroll the whole thing. The only guilds that actually saw Illidan while it was relevant content were guilds that were amazing and raided the majority of the expansion. If you don't think weeks of Kara / SSC / TK / Mag's / Gruul's / Hyjal were required to get the warglaives then clearly the first time you ever set foot into a TBC raid was when you completely outleveled and outgeared the content.

It is a ridiculous notion that the old legendaries were just "RNG based" and that it didn't show skill. If you played during TBC and you saw someone with glaives or thori'dal you knew how good that player was, there is no question. These items showed how skillful someone was not because "oh wow you got lucky" but because "oh shit you have cleared BT / SWP multiple times."
    I remember some pretty crappy players with glaives at lvl 70.... They were purely RNG based in comparison to other items from that tier. I was on a fairly backwater server (no one ever downed KJ pre-nerf) too. My crappy raid guild (hint: our main holy pally socketed all resist gems EVERYWHERE) that was created slightly before ZA came out was raiding black temple. We never downed Illidan, but we were close when the nerf came. TBC was not this amazingly hard raid content like everyone makes it out to be. Todays heroics I would say are harder, or at the very least, on-par with TBCs, with the exception of Kael'thas which was mostly due to his silly 10 minute phase at the start that just meant each attempt took years. I'll probably get flamed for those few sentences, but meh, its the truth.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    Dude dont complain about it. Just thank blizzard for changing A Test of Valor to three weeks instead of six like the rest of the people who actually got their cloak before that change. A month and a half of valor capping. Yeah, I got my 6k valor right as they change it to three weeks. Just do the quest and stop whining. If you want the cloak, get it. If you dont, then just do LFR like everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Lei Shen in Throne of Thunder drops one guaranteed per week.
    I'm sorry, I realize what I quoted said secrets and I meant the runestones. I was under the impression that they could drop from the last two LFRs of ToT and the first two of SoO.
    BAD WOLF

I feel ya - as I'm a casual these days and it's going to take me several months to nab the cloak.... but you know what? That's my choice and NOT a fault of the game or the developer whatsoever! ^_^

You honestly don't need the cloak to do casual things, it's just a bonus. Honestly I'm already thinking of dumping the quest altogether as I'm tired of having those two sigils take up valuable bank slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm sorry, I realize what I quoted said secrets and I meant the runestones. I was under the impression that they could drop from the last two LFRs of ToT and the first two of SoO.
    Lei Shen is the last boss in Throne of Thunder and he's guaranteed to drop a runestone every week. Similarly, the Sha of Pride drops a runestone every time. I don't know how you could go three weeks with only two runestones. I've gone weeks where those are the only two that drop, but I've always gotten at least those two. I've also had weeks where I get six drops. RNG is RNG.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2014-02-11 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Only part of it that's mildly annoying is the Test of Valor. I don't mind the rest. The quest line doesn't feel all that legendary when the objective is to vp cap for a few weeks. Yee-haw, how exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Lei Shen is the last boss in Throne of Thunder and he's guaranteed to drop a runestone every week. Similarly, the Sha of Pride drops a runestone every time. I don't know how you could go three weeks with only two runestones. I've gone weeks where those are the only two that drop, but I've always gotten at least those two. I've also had weeks where I get six drops. RNG is RNG.
    Ok...this confirms I need to put in a ticket then. I specifically did them after someone said that out of anger at the person's attitude. Now I know I'm not crazy because I did both of those bosses yesterday and got no stones.
    BAD WOLF