Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only real issue with the quest line at this point in the game are for these two types of players:

1.) Those who are new to WoD and want to break into raiding. Hard to find a raid team that actually has a chance of killing things without the cloak.

2.) Those wanting to main swap or change toons or play an alt for raiding. I'd play my 2nd warrior a hell of a lot more if I had the cloak, doing alt/pug runs. But it isn't worth doing a 4th time, it's just too annoying. Especially when I don't need anything out of ToT or SoO until normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The only real issue with the quest line at this point in the game are for these two types of players:

1.) Those who are new to WoD and want to break into raiding. Hard to find a raid team that actually has a chance of killing things without the cloak.

2.) Those wanting to main swap or change toons or play an alt for raiding. I'd play my 2nd warrior a hell of a lot more if I had the cloak, doing alt/pug runs. But it isn't worth doing a 4th time, it's just too annoying. Especially when I don't need anything out of ToT or SoO until normal mode.
    When having a legendary is no longer viewed as a bonus, but a necessity and not having one is a burden it starts sounding like the complaints towards attunements and resist gear.

This legendaries largest complained issues is the result of its design to be an expansion long grind and motivator to keep players subscribed. The developers say they want to do something simular next expansion, but will it just be a quick grind spread out over a number of patches with no attempt to keep players subscribed long term or will the reward be reduced in importance to be less of a burden to not have for new and returning players.

Personally I would rather have some nice cosmetic things like Shadowmourne had that could be shown off beyond the life of a combat legendary and show off that I had played a part in the events of that expansion.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-02-11 at 09:37 PM.

If you are doing past like galakras HC you NEED the clock to not look completely shit. That said I was 2 healing juggernaut on week 3 of patch with a healer without cloak. You most likely wont have the gear to join a decent guild if you haven't been max level for 2 months anyway so what the hell are you gonna use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    When having a legendary is no longer viewed as a bonus, but a necessity and not having one is a burden it starts sounding like the complaints towards attunements and resist gear.
    Yes, pretty much.

The developers say they want to do something simular next expansion, but will it just be a quick grind spread out over a number of patches with no attempt to keep players subscribed long term or will the reward be reduced in importance to be less of a burden to not have for new and returning players.
    This sounds much better. Unfortunately there will always be those who complain that players are being given access to a very powerful item without "working" for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

this legendary is just a shitty form of attunement for Ordos, Ill bet it will be removed very soon

There is a big difference. Attunements and resist gear is blizzard's systems requiring something before you can enter (attunements) or making an encounter impossible to defeat without certain gear (resist gear). The cloak is neither of these (except for ordos, cuz the cloak is an account wide attunement for that). For all other raiding content, just because some groups require you to have the cloak, does not mean that stops you from participating. It just stops you from participating in their group. There are plenty of groups that do not require the cloak. Even if you cannot find such a group, start your own. If there are so many people out there being deprived of raiding because of the cloak you should have no problem getting a group going. IT IS NOT HARD.

I don't know I have 5 toons and have already got the cape on 2 toons

need 1 runestones on mage and she will probably get her legendary by the end of tonight
    need 10 runestones on druid and hopefully get her legendary after next reset
    need 5 secrets on priest before I can move onto runestone

The quest doesnt bother me as much as some of the LFR fail group I ran into as LFR is sorta the quickest way to cap VP and get loot anyway.

Btw...I got called a nutcase by my guildies for trying to get the cape on all 90s I have....I don't get why as in my mind it is the BiS for the tier and I want to get or at least attempt to get a BiS set of gear on all toons before WoD.

In saying that I used to raid regularly on N/HM on all 4 toons I had back in Cata so yeah I am used to grinding for gear
    Last edited by Emily314; 2014-02-12 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    There is a big difference. Attunements and resist gear is blizzard's systems requiring something before you can enter (attunements) or making an encounter impossible to defeat without certain gear (resist gear). The cloak is neither of these (except for ordos, cuz the cloak is an account wide attunement for that). For all other raiding content, just because some groups require you to have the cloak, does not mean that stops you from participating. It just stops you from participating in their group. There are plenty of groups that do not require the cloak. Even if you cannot find such a group, start your own. If there are so many people out there being deprived of raiding because of the cloak you should have no problem getting a group going. IT IS NOT HARD.
    SoO is balanced around the legendary cloak and gem. Saying they're not required is saying that an overgeared group is going to carry your ass. How fun and engaging.

The gem is over 4k spirit for some healers, and the cloak+gem for DPS is worth 40-60k or more DPS. For some healers, the cloak contributes 10-15% of their total healing. It's absurd to expect players and Blizzard to not require the legendaries for current content. No raid required all their DPS to be rogues with Fangs of the Father or DKs with Shadowmourne like it does now with the cloaks.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-02-12 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Even if you cannot find such a group, start your own. If there are so many people out there being deprived of raiding because of the cloak you should have no problem getting a group going. IT IS NOT HARD.
    Start a group. You should at least have done it before starting a group. How on earth are you going to be a RL without having been there first? Guilds do as progression with a tight knit unit so they learn that way. It's a typical catch 22. You need to have done it to be able to do it.

It's definitely an issue with alts when good groups are demanding cloaks. I put in my time learning the fights, I can execute the fights, I shouldn't have to put myself through progression again on my alt for the sake of another 2 month grind to the cloak just so he is invited to groups.

It's not hard, but it is very tedious. I've pretty much forsaken my alts at this point in the game, using them only for their professions. Even with 540~ ilvl alts I've been denied entry to runs. Yeah you could blame it on the group leader and talk about how unrealistic it is, but there is certainly a stigma surrounding characters not having it.

I don't think the solution is giving away cloaks to alts of players who have completed it, but expediting the chain further shouldn't be too unreasonable.

After getting an orange cloak on 5 toons, all I can say is I wish they would make black prince rep grindable on timeless isle. It got bumped up to include the current patches "daily" mobs each patch... Until 5.4.

It's just inconsistent -.-

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    After getting an orange cloak on 5 toons, all I can say is I wish they would make black prince rep grindable on timeless isle. It got bumped up to include the current patches "daily" mobs each patch... Until 5.4.

This is actually a good point but then they have already got Emperor rep grind on the way to Ordos

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

The rep grind though is easy and relaxing and fairly quick. That is certainly the least aggravating part of the whole quest chain.

Needing to do EVERY BOSS in certain wings of LFR (for stones of whatever type) on the other hand can be a real pain.

I had my first cloak on day 1 of 5.4. I just finished a 2nd one an hour or so ago, on a toon that dinged 90 on 12/7. It was kind of grindy but it's done *shrug*. Now I'll go finish a couple more I guess.

They could nerf the chain and I wouldn't mind, but I'm fine with it as it is now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The rep grind though is easy and relaxing and fairly quick. That is certainly the least aggravating part of the whole quest chain.

Needing to do EVERY BOSS in certain wings of LFR (for stones of whatever type) on the other hand can be a real pain.

I had my first cloak on day 1 of 5.4. I just finished a 2nd one an hour or so ago, on a toon that dinged 90 on 12/7. It was kind of grindy but it's done *shrug*. Now I'll go finish a couple more I guess.

They could nerf the chain and I wouldn't mind, but I'm fine with it as it is now too.
    The rep grind is easy and relaxing, but it's very repetitive as the best farming location has been the same since ToT released. And it's more of a thing that I only want to grind so many mobs. I *want* to finish shao-hao rep, however, a cloak on my alt is more important to me than a mount and I can't bring myself to sit there and grind mobs on thunder isle, AND on timeless.

It's a matter of consistency (they upped the mobs you could get rep from with each patch until 5.4) and that I'd rather knock two sets of reps out at the same time as black prince rep is hardly the same thing it was in 5.0 when it was supposed to be a slow grind on a long journey to a legendary. The Legendary quest chain has been so gutted now in terms of grind length that it's just oddly inconsistent that they didn't allow Timeless mobs to grant BP rep.

/endrant

only thing i want them to remove is the 3 week valor... But only if you already has cape
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The rep grind is easy and relaxing, but it's very repetitive as the best farming location has been the same since ToT released. And it's more of a thing that I only want to grind so many mobs. I *want* to finish shao-hao rep, however, a cloak on my alt is more important to me than a mount and I can't bring myself to sit there and grind mobs on thunder isle, AND on timeless.
    The Shaohao rep grind is 10x or 25x or whatever as long as the Wrathion rep grind.

Sub 1M health mobs that spawn together at 50+ rep a pop vs 4M health mobs that have to be killed one at a time for 20 rep a pop.

It doesn't even make sense to compare them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    See I feel like I'm going crazy because someone was going off on me in a raid saying that you are guaranteed 2 every week if you do the 4 raid wings that drop them, but I've done them for a month and I've only gotten 2 total. So either I'm missing something or I'm going crazy or they are wrong. I even just did this last night before the reset because I was assuming I would get 2 and maybe I just forgot that I didn't do them all the last 3 weeks. Nope...didn't get a single one again. What am I missing?
    Sha of Pride and Lei Shen drop a guaranteed secret or runestone every week if you kill them.

Can you link armory?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Praymore View Post
    dinged 2days ago atm siting 9power 8wisdom o.0 prolly tomorrow will get 10/10, the rep farm is what i hate, just dpsing mobs in vale is soo boooring!
    You really need to unlock isle of thunder.

Much much quicker that way.

Also download oQueue there are quite often rep farming groups on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The Shaohao rep grind is 10x or 25x or whatever as long as the Wrathion rep grind.

Sub 1M health mobs that spawn together at 50+ rep a pop vs 4M health mobs that have to be killed one at a time for 20 rep a pop.

It doesn't even make sense to compare them.
    Well it's a good thing I'm not trying to compare them then.

I want timeless mobs to give BP rep because it's CONSISTENT with allowing the next level of grind mobs to apply to BP with each patch.

I don't care about speed/ease of the process. I want to be grinding mobs that are actually relevant to what I want, and not mobs on thunder isle which provides nothing but possible transmog items to me. If you still had to grind mogu in vale for the first part, it'd be the same thing. It'd just be pointless grinding of mobs that don't give anything but rep. At least timeless isle mobs give timeless coins on top of the rep.

And that's all why when 5.1 came out, you could do the full grind to revered in the krasarang daily areas, in 5.2 you could do the full grind to exalted in IoT. In 5.4.... still doing IoT. It's inconsistent with what they did for the rest of the expansion.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2014-02-12 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    when you done it it unlocks in the vendor on all toons, 7k per cloak, best option imo

10+ Year Old Account
    lol threads like this make me laugh at the people that go "welfare legendary" and "lol 2easy legendary being handed our for free"