Thread: Season 15

Season 15

So this may be a stupid question but it has never really been asked (at least not to my knowledge). Will the Season 15 armor be different or are they just going to swap the colors available to the Alliance and Horde on the current season 14 gear and increase the item level?

Deleted
    They're just going to swap the colors unless they change it at the last minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're only swapping the colors because they're pitifully arrogant. They think "oh the majority plays PvE strictly, we can fuck over the PvPers because we can." How would players feel if a new raid came out, but it had the same models as the last raid, just new colors? It's a legit slap in the face. "Just use transmog then if you don't like it" that's the very fucking issue. Blizzard uses it as a scapegoat and it's blatantly obvious. So we have 14 seasons, all w/ new gear, but because there's no content patch coming w/ this season, there's no need for new looking gear? Pft... I quit for gameplay issues, but if I managed to just stick with it, I'd definitely quit after they said they wouldn't create new gear. They already have a failing game that's constantly losing subs, why would they undershoot themselves when they need to be improvising?

Atleast it's soothing to watch the game fall into an abyss... won't be long though, won't be long.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    They're only swapping the colors because they're pitifully arrogant. They think "oh the majority plays PvE strictly, we can fuck over the PvPers because we can." How would players feel if a new raid came out, but it had the same models as the last raid, just new colors? It's a legit slap in the face. "Just use transmog then if you don't like it" that's the very fucking issue. Blizzard uses it as a scapegoat and it's blatantly obvious. So we have 14 seasons, all w/ new gear, but because there's no content patch coming w/ this season, there's no need for new looking gear? Pft... I quit for gameplay issues, but if I managed to just stick with it, I'd definitely quit after they said they wouldn't create new gear. They already have a failing game that's constantly losing subs, why would they undershoot themselves when they need to be improvising?

Atleast it's soothing to watch the game fall into an abyss... won't be long though, won't be long.
    it's more of a case of not slapping the face of the PvE guys, since there is a new season, but not a new raid. if there was a new raid with new PvE gear, there would be new PvP gear.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's more of a case of not slapping the face of the PvE guys, since there is a new season, but not a new raid. if there was a new raid with new PvE gear, there would be new PvP gear.
    They don't have to develop a new season like they would a raid. Apples and oranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm sure there would, but it's just sad that they damage PvP through failed attempts to make it more intriguing, then they pull crap like this. If anything blizzard owes PvP an apology and should make up for it by creating a new set of PvP gear since it's the last season before WoD. If it was only happening to PvE and PvP was fine, i'd argue in defense for PvE. I just believe that for WoW to succeed, it needs good PvE and PvP, not PvE and w/e features they can come up with... but sadly that's what WoW is becoming. PvE and features... hell there's probably going to be more people doing garrison/pet battles than there are people doing PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    They don't have to develop a new season like they would a raid. Apples and oranges.
    gear is gear. the development time for gear is the same, for PvE and PvP. it would be unfair to PvE players if only PvP got a new set.

not to mention that blizzard has already stated that they are concentrating all efforts on launching WoD as fast as possible. season 15 exists for one single reason: to postpone PvP players' burnout. the last MoP season should (and could) have been season 14, but due to the fact that WoD is still gonna take some time to launch, blizzard used season 15 as a safecard.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Same can be said for PvE, why should they make new looking gear when you can just transmog it? It's not like this is a normal thing for blizzard to do... when is the last time you can recall blizzard not creating a new set of gear for a new season? Did furious have the same looks as brutal? How about relentless and tyrannical? This isn't an apples oranges thing... this is blizzard not doing something because they're lazy and they feel that there's a higher priorities... this has shown at the end of countless expansions when blizzard slows down on content and focuses more on the next expansion. Only difference between now and then is that blizzard would make sure the last content was complete and put out before they went hyper mode on the next expansion... They didn't finish the content, they just mixed colors up and said "that'll do".

You missed the point. The dude I quoted was saying its a "slap in the face" to pve players if there is a new season and no new raid. I wasn't talking about gear. All I said is that it takes more time to design a new raid than it does to change to a new season.