Thread: Great Job!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    First of all, bread and water isnt cruel. It causes no pain. Also according to the article it meets the caloric intake required by law, and its onpy for 7 days if they straighten up. Secondly It wasnt because they desecrated a flag. Its because they destroyed federal property (the flag). Thirdly the majority of people in Arizona think he does the job properly or he wouldnt have been elected for 6 consecutive terms. lastly I dont care if they are nonviolent or not, they still broke the law knowing if they were caught, they would go to jail. If they dont want to be there, then its easy to avoid going. Dont commit crimes.

The ACLU already tried to intervene when he started making them wear pink striped uniforms and underwear and use pink towels, they tried to interfere when he made the worst of them live in tent cities in the desert and work in chain gangs. They tried to interfere when he made CSPAN the only TV station they could watch, and they tried to intervene when he played nothing but opera over the loudspeakers all day. They FAILED on every attempt

- - - Updated - - -

This is NOT the second time I posted this. The story just broke today. You need to prove I already posted it if youre going to accuse.
    First, being popular doesn't equal to being better, many tyrants have been popular, look at Kim Jong Un, his people adores him, look at the venezuelan case where former president Hugo Chavez was very liked by his people even though he managed to destroy his country's economy. What about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (the responsible of the Boston bombings)? he has many fangirls and is definitely more popular than most scientists, does it mean that Tsarnaev is a better human than Bob the scientist who is working in a cancer cure?

Second, law exist for a reason, you are supposed to follow it all the time, not just when you feel like it, even if torturing prisoners truly made them not want to go back to jail, there is no guarantee that they are going to become good guys, maybe they'd be so scared that will opt for not leaving witnesses alive, what could have been a simple robbery, now becomes a murder because they are so traumatized that don't want to risk being caught

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I laugh at this attitude that here in America we aren't tough enough on crime, while having more people in prison than anywhere else in the world. Land of the free. Be proud.
    It just means we have more criminals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    My favourite part is that the best evidence we have for North Koreas prison statistics puts it on equal footing if not lower than the USA. USA has ~716 per 100k. North Korea has somewhere between 600-800 going by best evidence, and they do the whole 3 generations things - most of their prisoners didn't actually do anything, if you assume every other arrest was perfectly valid.
    Thats because people in NK toe the line because they are scared shitless of the consequences if they get caught doing anything wrong. Seems to work for them

Quote Originally Posted by facialslam View Post
    I'm not making a new account to get around a ban, this is my first post/account here.
    Yes, you just happened to show up for this festering abortion of a thread. I can see why it would appeal to casual observers.

Thats because people in NK toe the line because they are scared shitless of the consequences if they get caught doing anything wrong. Seems to work for them
    Do you not understand the "Three Generations of Punishment" situation? Also are you seriously applauding North Korea's approach towards crime?

You should really stop debasing yourself in order to make your narrow world view consistent.

good job. criminals are filth and don't deserve any kind treatment or good living quarters while they're incarcerated. a prison should be a place to be feared, not a preschool.

Delusional is as delusional does.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Constitutionality aside, this occured in a jail, not a prison. Meaning the accused awaiting trial were subjected to this. Not right in my book.

Those that continue to insist on dismissing retribution have never seen their kindness repeatedly taken advantage of by a perpetrator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just... huh?

It was probably pretty stupid of me to think you'd know anything about North Korea considering how little you seem to know about a lot of things. I will use "your heart has a finite number of beats therefore exercise kills you sooner" and "when will the world catch up to USA and use the imperial system" as 2 of the many examples I could throw in your direction. Honestly I'd give you a medal if you could point out North Korea on a map, that'd be shocker enough to me.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Constitutionality aside, this occured in a jail, not a prison. Meaning the accused awaiting trial were subjected to this. Not right in my book.

Those that continue to insist on dismissing retribution have never seen their kindness repeatedly taken advantage of by a perpetrator.
    There's a difference between kindness and genuine rehabilitation. For some odd reason when talking about genuine rehabilitation people think we mean giving the prisoner a pat on the back and letting them go. Rehab is a long process that's not exactly easy and the prison sentence is still there.

Just because some took advantage of the rehabilitation system doesn't mean it isn't far more effective than hard time. Prisoners fuck with the hard time system too. That's why a mixed system is probably best, rehabilitation for the initial sentence and then hard time for repeat offenses. Rehab works. It puts criminals to work after being released from their sentence, and teaches them to be a functioning member of society while in the prison system. It only sees a repeat offense rate of 20%. The hard time American system has a repeat offense rate that swings between 50% and 60%.

Do people want retribution, or do they want what works and reduces repeat offense? Because the answer isn't the same for both.

The sheriff in question is also a massive dick bag, and for some odd reason Arizona keeps electing him over and over. He's known to be particularly unfair and unjust in the eyes of the law to immigrants (legal ones) because he is staunchly anti-immigration.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Lots of awful people were considered popular by the people, does not mean much though.
    Hitler was actually a pretty cool guy, you know.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You acteally support this? Thats just disgusting.

Yea keep digging that hole your in Orlong might get you to NK. Just casually ignore how crime rates are at all time lows, the for profit prison system, drug laws IN GENERAL, and locking away nonviolent criminals ( back to the drug laws).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    You actually support this? Thats just disgusting.
    And when we reach the point of gleefully comparing North Korea to any civilized country as a good thing (as the OP has done), it's time to close the thread.