Deleted

10m HC Klaxxi Healer Set Up/Strat

Hi guys,

We are about to start progress on Klaxxi and I am after peoples thoughts and suggestions regarding the healing set up, I know it is commonly 2 healed but due to availability this reset we will be 3 healing it.

Available Healers:
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest
    Holy Pally
    MW Monk

My initial feeling is to go resto, disc, hpala. In this instance we would keep a fair amount of damage from the disc and use the druid to go hotw during a burn phase (probably Korven).

So yeah looking for some advice from experienced people that have downed these fuckers already.

Aside from comp/set up does anybody have any specific encounter advice from a healer perspective (who should pick up what buffs etc)

Cheers.

Deleted
    Provided the healers have equal skill and gear, if you gonna three heal it you will want to use disc+mistweaver for sure simply because of the damage.
    Probably resto druid as third but that matters less. But think resto druid would contribute more damage than the paladin. Especially if you kill Iyyokuk last.

My raid team used 2 healers for the majority of progress but switched to 3 healers towards the end. We still met all the dps checks with 3 healers and using 3 healers allowed people to fuck up without deaths. With 3 healers our healers were pretty much /afk, just doing as much dps as they could. But it really helped to cover up personal fails on bombs and whirls etc, and it helped on tank damage towards the end on Karoz.

I'd recommend

2 heal : Resto druid + Hpal / Disc
    3 heal : Disc + MW + Hpal / Resto druid

Obviously if some healer are significantly better than others, i'd pick them first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with Firefly. MW + Disc with the Druid as a possible third. MW + Disc is as good as it gets in 10's due to the damage they can put out and the nice synergy between the two.
    Skill level would obviously be the definining factor in this though.

I'd say it depends on the rest of your comp to be honest.
    From a healing PoV purely i'd go disc, Hpal, Restodruid, but disc+mw+resto druid gives a big damage advantage.
    I feel good healing gives you a bigger advantage in this case due to overpowered scorpion buff on tank trivilises any burn moments of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a side note, for this week the comp will be:

Hunter x 2
    Warlock
    Frost DK
    Fury Warrior

Both our Boomkin and Ele Shaman are out of action!

Would you definitely recommend that the scorpion buff goes to a tank? if so, it would be on me with our Warrior picking up the Korven amber shield to use on Ka'roz later in the fight?
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Just as a side note, for this week the comp will be:

Hunter x 2
    Warlock
    Frost DK
    Fury Warrior

Both our Boomkin and Ele Shaman are out of action!

Would you definitely recommend that the scorpion buff goes to a tank? if so, it would be on me with our Warrior picking up the Korven amber shield to use on Ka'roz later in the fight?
    It scales insanely with vengeance so yes I would.

Edit: I thaught you had to do siege and thok on heroic for klaxxi hc to spawn tho?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope - we 9-manned a few Klaxxi pulls last reset after killing Siegecrafter on Normal.

Only Garrosh requires all previous bosses done on Heroic to fight him on Heroic mode as well.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Resurrecting this thread if possible, finally got SC down and can work properly on Klaxxi.

Have decided on 2 healing, Resto Druid and Disc Priest.

Any hints tips advice from either point of view would be very much appreciated.

Last night we were getting Korven down, but the tank damage by the time they both had 2 stacks of Vicious Assault was pretty dicey.

If you downed Siegecrafter you gonna find this boss a joke probably.

With the current gear remember your raid that DPS check isnt really a big problem... Just stay alive and you will kill the boss...

Ask hybrids to help with heal when you think its needed ( you will probably need it)..

The adds of Dissector are CCable remember that.

You wont get enough CD's for the Fiery edges in 10 man, so put the Personals CD's and the healthstones in the rotation, The first one is especially Strong because Swarmkeeper will probably be Alive and his AoE hurts alot..

Call all every single Hurl Amber the entire fight ... No one should take any dmg from this.

I Prefer a shaman on this fight, just by the numbers of CD's he can use, you will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackback View Post
    Resurrecting this thread if possible, finally got SC down and can work properly on Klaxxi.

Have decided on 2 healing, Resto Druid and Disc Priest.

Any hints tips advice from either point of view would be very much appreciated.

Last night we were getting Korven down, but the tank damage by the time they both had 2 stacks of Vicious Assault was pretty dicey.
    Strange, I just atonement heal and everythings generally fine, even on dk/monk which takes shitloads of damage, were they timing cds?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use raid CDs and externals right when Korven is about to go down. There isn't dangerous tank damage again for quite some time after that, so they should be up again.

We resto druid/disc priest. Our priest mostly uses atonement, aside from obvious blanketing for aims/edges and a more focused tank approach near the end and when korven is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    After we got SC Heroic yesterday, we finally got to do Paragons without having to 9-man and killed it tonight... 10% the number of wipes as on Siegecrafter lol. Gear makes the fight pretty faceroll.... especially after the hassle we had after SC, it felt massively easy in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely no reason not to 3 heal this at current gear levels btw, we 3 healed it and beat the enrage timer by minutes rather than seconds.

For reference, we did:
    Skeer
    Rikkal
    Korven
    Hisek
    Xaril
    Kaz'tik
    Kil'ruk
    Iyyokuk

Fiery Edge is a non event when 3 healing, especially post nerf, providing people aren't running around like nutters.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!