Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    Imo all legendarys should work like a heirloom 1-90, since its so hard to obtain, with exception of cloak. Maybe that one unlocks after WOD launches so it can be sent to other toons.
    Making Legendaries like heirlooms sound like a nice idea, but keep them level-restricted. I.e. Legendary cloak is 1-90 when WoD is released, Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings is 1-80 and Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros is 1-60, and so on.

Also please implement dyes so, so we can get access to old lfr variations of gear (Dragon Soul now and MoP when WoD is released) or have new hc (or normal/flex/valor) gear match current outfit. Perhaps we even can get access to existing but unused color variations of gear. Transmogrification has done much more for the game than I thought it would and is really awesome. Perhaps even make transmogrification cheaper so we change more often.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont they just remove all the old zones and force people to pay $10(?) extra if they themselves dislike the leveling process so much that they will offer instant boosts to 90.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having Legendaries work like heirlooms would sort of defeat the purpose of not allowing them for transmog. They don't want everyone running around with all the legendaries like that. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome, it's just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    I plainly don't give a shit on this whole free level 90 deal. A lot of people I know at the beginning of MoP were bitching and moaning endlessly about having to level all 9 of their alts to level 90 as well and complaining about how its too much of Blizz to ask of the player to have to do that. Yet now people are coming out of the woodwork and complaining that this is going to turn the game into pay to win and enforce catering to the casual.

None of that even matters to me, all I know is that philosophy behind the development stands in good reasoning and I'm not going to let anyone else's opinion affect this.

Leveling from 1-90 is not 70% of the game, if at all, currently, its 10% of the game, when WoD comes out, it'll be 9% of the game. If you want to see numbers, please take a look at your /played time while at level max level and compare it to your times spent at each level while leveling and tell me that, even while added up, your time spent leveling is equal to or greater than your time spent at max level.
    Well said, who gives a shit. I am one of those evil people with disposable income that will by level boosts if I chose to level another alt and I could careless what any of the tin foil hat crowd says.

Quote Originally Posted by Pori View Post
    If your going to introduce the ability to re color gear i hope its kept in the "theme" of the game. I remember when you could dye armor in Everquest is was kinda silly and detracted from the overall feel.
    I think they have a problem with introducing recolouring anyway.... LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic versions of the same gear have different colours so you can see which version it is. How would that work if you could change it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    No but people have to whine about something you know.
    There is no whineless period in wow.
    Better Wine than Whine anyday!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    The main reason I think it's a bad idea is if buying your way to 90 becomes the norm in this game when you roll an alt.. what happens to the 1-90 content? What happens to 1-90 dungeon queues? Let's say 60% of people buy the boost when they start an alt, that means 60% less people are running 1-90 dungeons. What impact will this have on dungeon queues? It's already struggle to find healers and tanks for random dungeons. What will it be like when less people are running them?
    I agree this will make running those dungeons harder..... but that's just like finding people doing Isle of Thunder, or queue times for LFRs apart from current tier. The only reason anyone is in them at all is for legendary quest items most of the time. My point is that this happens even at max level with max level zones. Its just "how it is". So a result of boosting to 90 will mean its harder to stand in a city and queue dungeons to level.... I don't consider this a bad thing tbh, that had to be the most boring way to level in the first place. Either get out there and quest (its still VERY quick) or buy a boost (of course we don't know the price of this yet).

chaud, on your last screenshot there are the options "On Fire" and "Featured": What is this for?

Quote Originally Posted by hammel View Post
    chaud, on your last screenshot there are the options "On Fire" and "Featured": What is this for?

i would guess Featured is new stuff or on special, and on fire would be hot sellers / popular ones at the moment.

heirlooms from a bonus roll.
    ofc not. They want you to buy the chars now.

Well all of my 10 man but myself have heirlooms off garrosh, some have multiple. I feel like I'm getting trolled by blizz.

how does someone not know that it is not won a roll yet? i have the been lucky enough to get 2 weapons on 2 kills but i knew that the BoA weapons are not won on a bonus roll

15+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is, the "buy a 90" feature had better cost significantly more than a race change or faction change, otherwise they're gonna see a WHOLE mess of people just buying a 90 instead of using those services.

Deleted
    Lower-level BG's are a mess for one reason: Prot warriors. They're practically impossible to stop in the 10-29 brackets when they have a healer for support. And killing the healer? No way jose - they're always working as a team...and teamwork is pretty poor at those levels for most players.

The main reason I think it's a bad idea is if buying your way to 90 becomes the norm in this game when you roll an alt.. what happens to the 1-90 content? What happens to 1-90 dungeon queues? Let's say 60% of people buy the boost when they start an alt, that means 60% less people are running 1-90 dungeons. What impact will this have on dungeon queues? It's already struggle to find healers and tanks for random dungeons. What will it be like when less people are running them?
    This is of course the ground issue here. On high-pop servers I can see this being a minor issue, but with leveling as fast as it is now with heirlooms...

I'll just miss the MoP zones I enjoyed & Uldum. Man I love Uldum - but I'm only getting 1~boost max: for a hunter probably. Why you ask? Because...years ago...I had one...almost maxed it out...and then.........

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    LOL. Just saw a SusenExpress ad on this very page. You guys at MMO champ need to keep a closer watch on your ad suppliers.
    We don't directly sell most of the ads you see, there are many middlemen between us and them. Please, please, please report them properly so we can get rid of them

you won't get heirlooms from a bonus roll
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    All I can say is, the "buy a 90" feature had better cost significantly more than a race change or faction change, otherwise they're gonna see a WHOLE mess of people just buying a 90 instead of using those services.

and it would be wrong for game exackly how ? eveyrbody is whining how realms are more dead and dead how they are loosign more and more subs and when they implement tool which can bring shitton of people back to game - people are whinign about this . f this . this bost is a brilliant tool and they shoule put it for 10-15$ to repopulate this game and bring subs back to 10 mln -_- and if they loos 1k hardcore whining basement dwellers who the f cares .

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Why dont they just remove all the old zones and force people to pay $10(?) extra if they themselves dislike the leveling process so much that they will offer instant boosts to 90.

not sure if trolling or..

I wonder what item level they will put onto the free 90 for WoD. Or the ones that you may be able to buy, anyone know?

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny how all the tweets say "maybe one day!" but none of those will actually ever make it live, lol. Should just say not likely, or plain not gonna happen, so that people don't get their hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    No you're not required but they are an invaluable way of learning how to play your class in a group.

That's another reason why I dislike this instant level 90 ding idea... you'll have people running WoD dungeons who have no idea how to play their class in a dungeon.
    That happens already. You can't pretend that you aren't running into people in dungeons now that don't know what they're doing.

It's funny how all the "damn casuals" crowd suddenly changes sides if it's about something they like.
    "I never liked leveling so buying a lv 90 and skipping the boring leveling is ok but damn LFR and all the free epics, back in vanilla we had to wipe 50 time to get an epic". Really funny.