Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Am I the only one afraid of this?

Wellp, with the new level 90 boost thingy in WoD we got ourselves quite a problem folks. Since a lot of people are gonna use them to skip major content of the game, things like LFD/LFBG won't work anymore. even now queuetimes as a dps can be pretty long and with no more people playing they will be insane.

On top of that it's P2W, but thats a whole other story

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is going the way of the dinosaur. If Blizz could, they'd actually remove all leveling in WoW and we'd just start at 100.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Didn't blizzard mention a sort of timewalking feature? Where dungeons will be scaled down? This might actually result in even more people queing low level content if they make a kind of random scaling group finder. If it means you can get vp and stuff that is.

Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    With this level to 90 boost no one is going to be playing? is this a concern for low level dungeons then? There will be plenty of people to help you through your low level instances. If it's max level then in reality there will be MORE people to help with the queue. The boost to 90 is also not P2W. You aren't winning anything. You have a level 90 when max level content is level 100. I hardly doubt any one would call it pay to win if you could boost a toon to 85. This has existed long before; it was called Recruit a Friend.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

It isn't P2W. It's pay to skip. Paying money for less content. Levels have never had anything to do with winning in wow, out side of pvping while leveling or open world pvp. Winning in wow is about gear and skill. Blizzard isn't selling either of those.

Characters will likely be sold for $25 or somewhere around there. If I'm going to make an alt, I'll be saving myself the money and leveling myself. A lot of people won't pay for 90s, keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    Wellp, with the new level 90 boost thingy in WoD we got ourselves quite a problem folks. Since a lot of people are gonna use them to skip major content of the game, things like LFD/LFBG won't work anymore. even now queuetimes as a dps can be pretty long and with no more people playing they will be insane.

It's not pay 2 win. You clearly don't even know what that means.

@Ryai that could really solve the problem for dungeons, not for bgs tho

@To all the P2W nay-sayers: so, if i cast something on a random mob it's "no skill", "useless content"... but if i do it in a raid it skillful and the real game. Why not just pay Normal gear since all you do is cast random abilities at mobs and get loot, it's not like you win by getting normal gear so you can skip that aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to slip that in there, didn't you?

Besides, it's ONE character per account. Does not mean everyone will stop making new alts because of that. It's not sure whether paid boosts will be included as an additional service. And even if it is, it's not going to lead to every single person who plays this game buying boosts for all of their alts.

Jesus, there are more doomsayers on these forums than there were in december 2012 when the world was supposed to end.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

10+ Year Old Account

its not p2w, and low lvl lfd is cancer anyways, wont be missed

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if Mists of Pandaria ended a story arch, "WoW: Chapter 1" So to speak, with WoD beginning Chapter 2 of the story and Blizz just wanting players to focus on that by boosting them to 90. Vanilla - MoP still exists as legacy content for people who may want to see it, but after WoD is wholly obsolete. Solves the botched timeline issue IMO, which is welcome.

@Ryai that could really solve the problem for dungeons, not for bgs tho

@To all the P2W nay-sayers: so, if i cast something on a random mob it's "no skill", "useless content"... but if i do it in a raid it skillful and the real game. Why not just pay Normal gear since all you do is cast random abilities at mobs and get loot, it's not like you win by getting normal gear so you can skip that aswell.
    Winning is killing a non elite npc?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    Had to slip that in there, didn't you?

Besides, it's ONE character per account. Does not mean everyone will stop making new alts because of that. It's not sure whether paid boosts will be included as an additional service. And even if it is, it's not going to lead to every single person who plays this game buying boosts for all of their alts.

Jesus, there are more doomsayers on these forums than there were in december 2012 when the world was supposed to end.
    One character per account until Blizz makes it purchasable as they've already said they will.

Even then, it's a level 90 and the purchase option likely won't be until midway through WoD.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Its not P2W, you dont get max weapons, max gear, max skills, max anything.... you are boosted to the LAST EXPANSIONS MAX LEVEL. Why are so many of you completely ignorant, and quite frankly clueless when it comes to P2W and how it actually works? Get a clue before complaining on these forums about the same shit day after day when you are completely wrong about it all. FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Ryai- View Post
    Didn't blizzard mention a sort of timewalking feature? Where dungeons will be scaled down? This might actually result in even more people queing low level content if they make a kind of random scaling group finder. If it means you can get vp and stuff that is.

Just a thought.
    I keep hoping for something like this mainly because some of the color sets of gear I like are in DS LFR and whatever I don't get completed this expansion. So Timewalking does have a benefit for transmoggers. Though I never quite understood the point for doing low level dungeons with it. Is it so your buddy doesn't get reduced XP? Because you could run the dungeon like 5 times before a normal group of leveled players would finish it. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    P2S (Pay2Skip) needs to be a coined term in use by the community. Because P2W is the new Mary Sue, where anything money-related that somebody doesn't like gets called P2W. -.-
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    you lost all credence of an acceptable debate when you stated the above,
    Paying to get an instant level 90 is Not Pay to win under any imaginable concept.
    You do not gain an advantage over someone who takes the free route.
    You do not get any gear that is of higher quality than in the dungeons / raids already
    You get toon at level 90 straight away. if anything its Pay to loose. as you loose the leveling time learning the class.

as to your original concern about queue times, I have found that they are fine. if your leveling and wanting to do a dungeon then take the time to go questing whilst you wait. Ofc if your only going to level through dungeons then it will take longer, but then the game is not designed to specifically level through dungeons alone. You will also find for every person that buys an instant 90, there will be 100's if not thousands of others leveling normally.

people will still level alts, and continue to faceroll the content and not learn anything same as now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryai- View Post

Just a thought.
    Sweet bebe Jeezus have I been waiting to do Blackfathom Deeps again! Or Gnomeregan... Wailing Caverns... Maraudon, Dire Maul, Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Spire... Yeah, no. Those instances need major overhauls before I'll ever said foot in them again.

One gigantic hole in your theory that I've repeated countless times to others.

Just because your level capped, doesn't mean you're good or skilled. At all. It means you dragged yourself to the end.

If that theory were true, no one would ever have any problems in content ever in the history of...forever. At end game.

Level cap =/= skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Sweet bebe Jeezus have I been waiting to do Blackfathom Deeps again! Or Gnomeregan... Wailing Caverns... Maraudon, Dire Maul, Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Spire... Yeah, no. Those instances need major overhauls before I'll ever said foot in them again.
    This too.

If you tell me you enjoy Gnomer over and over again I'll call you a big fat liar.

Or you're incredibly weird and have weird taste in fun.