Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Semites are a subgroup of Caucassoid. So yes, they are caucasian.

For anything non-medical, however, race doesn't matter in the slightest. And even for medical purposes, the differences are minimal. So why would we even care?

Admittedly, I love throwing it in white supremacist's faces every time... 'Hey, you know those really dark-skinned Indian people? Yeah, they're just as 'white' as you are.' It's hilarious.

If you count israel in, then yes. Some are Caucasians

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    do u consider middle easterners to be a part of the caucasoid race?
    Does it matter what you or me consider? There's a scientific definition of race and which ethnicities are a part of each particular race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klausk View Post
    They're Caucasians. All white people are caucasians but not all caucasians are white.
    So... White South American people are Caucasian? Just curious.

If we're using the archaic Caucasoid, Negro, Mongoloid classifications, then yes, I suppose they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If we're using the archaic Caucasoid, Negro, Mongoloid classifications, then yes, I suppose they are.
    'Negro' has been updated. It's no longer colour-specific, but now 'region of origin of traits'-specific. It's called 'Congoid.'

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    'Negro' has been updated. It's no longer colour-specific, but now 'region of origin of traits'-specific. It's called 'Congoid.'
    Thanks, I feel like that was rattling around in my head, but didn't recall it. I'm not really sure those terms of use for anyone other than specific sorts of anthropologists anyway, but it's probably worth remembering.

Deleted
    Jesus was white & was apparently from Bethlehem south of Jerusalem.

Thanks, I feel like that was rattling around in my head, but didn't recall it. I'm not really sure those terms of use for anyone other than specific sorts of anthropologists anyway, but it's probably worth remembering.
    Well; it's sort of important-ish with regards to immunization, diet, stuff like that. But not very.

It's just that 'negro' is too heavy a focus on 'dark skin' and because it is an arbitrary thingy with no regards to actual anthropology, more likely to be used for the purpose of racism. Which is why it's pretty much bad.

Edit: Which is also why terms like 'white,' 'yellow' and 'red' are really bad for the purpose of describing ethnic (racial) backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Well; it's sort of important-ish with regards to immunization, diet, stuff like that. But not very.
    Sure, that's right. It's going to become less useful in every sort of biomedical treatment going forward as it becomes easier and easier to just run complete genome screens and draw useful information from them though. No need to say, "well, black people tend towards X" when we can just check each individual! Exciting times in bioinformatics lie ahead.

Sure, that's right. It's going to become less useful in every sort of biomedical treatment going forward as it becomes easier and easier to just run complete genome screens and draw useful information from them though. No need to say, "well, black people tend towards X" when we can just check each individual! Exciting times in bioinformatics lie ahead.
    Completely on board with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Can't tell if trolling.

Infracted: Please do not call other users trolls
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-01-29 at 04:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    No, they are muslim. Which is a race acording to the moderators of this forum.
    haha this mmo-c mods at their best

OT: Yes, they are 'white'

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ Second post

^ this is pretty much the middle east

Guess what countries are NOT part of it? India/Pakistan/surrounding countries.

The Indians/Pakistanis/surrounding countries' people from the first 2 pictures in your post are not middle eastern

And that "Saudi" guy doesn't look Saudi for shit LOL

Here's a Saudi (HH The King of Saudi Arabia):

An Emirati: (HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum)

A Jordanian: (HH King of Jordan)

So, yeah, we're actually pretty caucasian if you think about it although I'd classify us as 'middle eastern' because there are quite a few differences between what would traditionally be thought of as 'caucasian'.
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

damn .. i am white ?? all these years i thought i was black dude ... i am in a state of mental shock now.

Strange that years of holy crusades and other religious routes would have had some cross breeding and mixing of dominate genes. As many people have pointed out who cares they are humans, that is the only race we should concern ourselves with.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    damn .. i am white ?? all these years i thought i was black dude ... i am in a state of mental shock now.
    See why 'white' and 'black' are horrible terms? They divide peoples based on arbitrary things, and contribute nothing necessary or even beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    No they're not white, because Mooneye would never date a man that looks like.

She only dates White males. There is your answer!
    Not all Caucasians are white.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    It must have been really hard being the only white person in that region of the world.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Don't personally see why it matters, never really thought about it. The Middle-East is a big place, various areas tend to be more Caucasian then others.