Do you have IRL stories of fresh starts and new beginnings, please?

Feel free to share so they can help/inspire someone.

I want to make a new life where i can finally be free of my domineering mother, and learn who i am without the emotional abuse ive beeen stuck in. (im 33) i have 10k debt in student loans, less then 5k in credit card debt, a job that pays 500 a month roughly, no liscense or car--and an AA in liberal arts. im a big lady too. i just dont know how to set up a decent plan because i never knew annyone who did this. my town is 100 miles from real airports --my best scenario is leaving california because it would feel more open to the rest of the nation then staying behind the sierra's.

thats me--so what about you guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Was getting to a bad point in regards to drugs, drinking, friends suicides, cheating girlfriend etc... Just said fuck it, went to an open house like thing for software engineering.. Packed my shit and 1 month later I was living ½ way across the country and starting school again after 10 year absence. Didn´t bring a single phone number with me. Never looked back.. Now I have a great job, my own house, car and sweet ass dog. Will be debt free at 48. Life is good. Last I checked the losers were still unemployed and doing drugs.

I'm still currently solving my problems and going for my dreams but:

I was in a bad way a few years ago. Many years of depression, debt, drugs and the wrong crowd. I've been to therapy, solved my drug problem(s) and I hit the gym four times a week.
    I weighted 6-7 stone or 38kg or 84 pounds because I simply didn't eat and used drugs to cover the hunger. I have photo's where you can see my cheeks on my face are depressed and sunken. It's hard for me to think of those days but they're my fuel. I currently weigh 168 pounds or 76 KG or 12 Stone.
    I am about to go back to school and sort out my horrid education and I'm aiming to go to UNI for the first time.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

In my eyes you Need a Job first.
    With those debts and just 500 income a month you will get nowhere. Once you leave your mum house you will have to pay rent. If you start paying rent from 500 bucks there will hardly be enouh to eat, let alne entertaining or luxury.

You cant just pack your stuff, move elsewhere and think it will work out.
    Well you can, but there are lots of People out there spotting those almost hopeless People and abuse them further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Feel free to share so they can help/inspire someone.

I want to make a new life where i can finally be free of my domineering mother, and learn who i am without the emotional abuse ive beeen stuck in. (im 33) i have 10k debt in student loans, less then 5k in credit card debt, a job that pays 500 a month roughly, no liscense or car--and an AA in liberal arts. im a big lady too. i just dont know how to set up a decent plan because i never knew annyone who did this. my town is 100 miles from real airports --my best scenario is leaving california because it would feel more open to the rest of the nation then staying behind the sierra's.

thats me--so what about you guys?
    Move to a big city if possible, try founding a housemate so you can afford to not live in a dumbster (I'm planning on that since I'm a student and therefor by defenition, poor)

Myself and a few others used to hang out after school at this kids house because his parents were rarely ever home. We'd go over pretty much everyday and hang out on the porch and smoke weed. One day cops came out of nowhere because they said they had a complaint of people selling drugs. They had about 6 of us lined up and a cop was taking each of us one by one against the cop car to search us. So I'm next in line to get searched and the cop is like three feet away from me with his back turned. My friend behind me whispers to me "yo grab his gun. Kill him. Fucking kill him. Lets get the fuck out of here!".

Obviously I didnt or I wouldn't be typing this. Oh, and I was like 15 when this happened. Will always remember it.

Ironically the kid that told me to kill the cop started his own construction business 10 years later making millions. Last time I saw him he had a brand new black Maserati. Go figure...