1. #1

    Moonkin Thok HC Talent Choice Question

    Title says it all
    Hello everyone

    My guild recently got to Thok on Heroic. I played balance druid and i want to ask what Talent choices you guys think are the best for Thok HC?

  2. #2
    FoN does have the advantage of not being affected by the Roar, though if you play properly, you should have about 3 minutes between phases.

    Personally, i take HotW for a boosted Tranq during the bats, though there's generally little reason to not take it.

  3. #3
    I prefer Inc+HotW.
    FoN sucks in the kiting phase.

  4. #4
    Incarnation hotw no questions asked
    Last edited by Fountaiin; 2014-01-28 at 11:37 AM. Reason: I can't spell

  5. #5
    INC and don't forget to symbiosis a priest to get mass dispell. Helps alot during that magic poison phase.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankuley View Post
    INC and don't forget to symbiosis a priest to get mass dispell. Helps alot during that magic poison phase.
    Or symbiosis a warlock and do more damages.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    71
    If you want good Boss damage and aren't use to sneaking in casts between the interrupts then FON (and HOTW) is amazing to run with. Like someone already mentioned the Treants don't get interrupted.

    However running with Incarnation+HOTW will give you amazing Bat damage as 3 Min CDs should be up as the Bats come down (CA Multi-DOTing). Overall it comes down to what your Raid needs. Personally I run with Incarnation+HOTW because the quicker the Bats die the better and we don't always have burst AOE Classes in our Raid Comp.

  8. #8
    I always run Inc & Vigil as CA, Inc & Vigil during bats does like 8million healing. Surpassing any hotw tranq and doesn't require a bop. I end up doing 12 - 15million healing from Vigil on our kills.
    HoTW prolly has less value due to not being able to free cast and limited boss uptime during kite phase.

    It's the only fight I use Vigil on too.

  9. #9
    vigil can be good to help healers if they need it, if not go hotw/inc and spam skillsurge allll day.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Or symbiosis a warlock and do more damages.
    Yea it clearly depends on which one you need more. Mass dispell or Unending. I always tell myself that saving one or more mate's life worths more than a small DPS boost.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Boticha View Post
    Yea it clearly depends on which one you need more. Mass dispell or Unending. I always tell myself that saving one or more mate's life worths more than a small DPS boost.
    Try getting a tranq out past 4 stacks without UR. On the other hand, the debuff is pretty much a nonissue on 25, so i have little use for that.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Try getting a tranq out past 4 stacks without UR. On the other hand, the debuff is pretty much a nonissue on 25, so i have little use for that.
    I haven't try it, I did it. Multiple time. At arround 14+ stacks. You just need a devo aura or a BoP. Like I said, if your group needs the DPS, go for UR. If your group needs more healing/dispell, go for Mass Dispell. Will save mana and a GCD to your healers.

  13. #13
    Damn not that many comments in i saw i had made mistake, since i had picked Nature's vigil and treants since i thought that was better. But thanks for all the help guys, it helped me a lot to pick Incarnation and Heart of the wild instead.

    Unfortunatly my guild didnt get him before raid reset. Best attempt he had 24 mil. so we will get him next week i hope.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Boticha View Post
    I haven't try it, I did it. Multiple time. At arround 14+ stacks. You just need a devo aura or a BoP. Like I said, if your group needs the DPS, go for UR. If your group needs more healing/dispell, go for Mass Dispell. Will save mana and a GCD to your healers.
    Beyond 4 stacks, the exact number becomes irrelevant, energy generates faster than it can be used. But you're assuming that those CDs are available in the first place, which is not always the case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •