Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I can't even fathom why some people have a problem with this option. If you like leveling, go ahead and level, but don't force your preference on everyone else. For many people, it's a giant boring waste of time that prevents them from trying new classes. This isn't a difficult game, so it's not as if you need to do those low levels on every single class to be good with them. Typically if you're good at the game with one class, you'll do fine on the rest too. I'd say this is easily one of the best decisions they've ever made, assuming the price is reasonable.

Exactly, I hate leveling. Thats why I'm paying someone to level my toons to 100. It's just cash and screw the lame alternate time line crap. Get me to heroic dungeons and raiding where I want to be.

Pay blizzard for a 90 - Pay some other company to level the rest of the way and you're set for end game in record time. It will be awesome to see what else I can pay for later on especially knowing it doesn't harm anything or anyone just by spending a little extra cash.

Deleted
    It should only be avaiable for people who already properly leveled a character to 90. Noobs shouldn't be able to just buy a game and be maximum level lmao, this defeats the purpose of an mmo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think you are being overly ridiculous. How does someone purchasing a level 90 compared to you leveling one on your own, have ANY effect on how you play the game at all? Short answer: It doesn't.

Stop getting upset just because someone else wants to spend money and buy a character, and you either dont, or wont do it.
    Because it's pay to win. Now, before someone jumps on me saying "well how is buying a character of many levels behind end level pay to win?". Simple, even ignoring the time you spend leveling to that level, and the gear, you still have professions. How many of us have gotten to max level only to realize our professions are lagging somewhere behind? I personally never liked fishing yet I had to use it to get feasts and stuff. I also lagged behind with blacksmithing on my death knight and had to run through the Barrens to get copper and tin ore... yet with this pay alternative... you would not need to do that, you'd have your professions leveled for you while others lag behind. So already you have an advantage over people of your level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Yes because the entire game revolves around leveling. /facepalm.

This is actually one of the best things blizzard has done.
    No, just about 75%. The rest is the end-game, preparing for the latest raid, since all other raids before it... are obsolete with the current system put in place by Blizzard.

Deleted
    1 free 90 is enough, if you want more play the actual game and level one up, blizzard need to stop bending over to the cry babies who want to be spoon fed.

Deleted
    Also, even ignoring the level 90, we have this issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitefolly View Post
    Anyone willing to purchase items in an item shop in a subscription based game are doing an utter disservice to their fellow consumers / gamers and completely toxifying the MMO market. Any item in the item shop should be available in-game. This is a standard of the MMO market (that subscription based games DO NOT get to do micro-transactions; go B2P/F2P for that model) and the fact you want to allow Blizzard to continue to exploit their position as market-leader in order to generate more profit for themselves is really frustrating.

As an informed consumer, I want the highest value bang-for-my-buck possible. Subscription fees are already fairly expensive, and arguably they are overpriced for the service provided. The fact that you then want to throw money at items that should be in the game is really maddening because you are depriving me of items. The development time that goes into the item shop should be spent on the game, making the game better and have more content. By spending in the item shop you are drawing development time away from (what should be) their focus and creating financially stratified content. It doesn't matter what anyone's personal finances are; the fact is that there are market standards and you want to erode them. Your lack of consumer activism is making it actively more difficult for those that are informed and trying to stand up for consumers to do so.

We should be holding companies to higher standards. I mean, why not?

(And Blizzard are the only company that can get away with this - I presume it's due to their market position - whereas smaller companies cannot. That is rank hypocrisy and I hate that people let Blizzard do so)

Please think about the structural context that you reside in.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lvl90 boost makes sense for blizzard from the economic point of view.
    I am quite sure that there will be many (experienced) players who will use the feature to skip the leveling part to proceed to lfr itemgrind directly.

On the other hand the boost will kill a lot of passion provided by the game. Passion for the "old" content itself, for the beautiful stories that are told and for the characters you play. I think everybody has some special characters in his arsenal he loves most, because there's a unique story bound to this character.

And of course I fear totally newbies with bossted characters. This will be so awkward. I wonder how Blizzard will manage the accessability for such players.

For the people saying leveling is grind I can tell you that everything in this game is a grind one way or another. Raiding the most of all. You grind hours and hours for a gear that will suck in the next patch so you can do it all over again when the new Tier comes. So, I guess they should let us pay for gear as well. I mean if you think about it it's just a waste of time, because the gear will suck in a couple of months and you have to do it all over again. Might as well buy it and be done with it.

That of course will never happen because that is the only end-game + the pvp and Blizzard will lose more than gain when subs start to go down because there is nothing to do at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    When you have a open world game and you develop a system that allows skipping content instead of developing one that encourages you to see it in order to fix the boring / repetitive / obsolete low level zones ,then someone has taken a incredibly bad decision at Blizzard.
    Couldnt agree more!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love it because I like endgame, I'd love to play a different class but I just really REALLY cannot stand leveling. This will fix this issue for me.

To be honest though, the new players SHOULD experience leveling, questing and their class. This should only be available for older players who have done those quests and seen those areas so many times they are just sick of them (GOD DAMN YOU ELWYNN FOREST!).

I am +1 for this feature.

i play this game for arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOverload View Post
    1 free 90 is enough, if you want more play the actual game and level one up, blizzard need to stop bending over to the cry babies who want to be spoon fed.
    Except that's not why they do it. Someone who wants another 90 badly enough will just go buy another copy of the game. Why would they want to go through production costs for their product when they can sell it directly to you? More profits that way. People have been buying second accounts to abuse Recruit a Friend for a while now. It's just cutting out the awkward middle bit.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Because it's pay to win. Now, before someone jumps on me saying "well how is buying a character of many levels behind end level pay to win?". Simple, even ignoring the time you spend leveling to that level, and the gear, you still have professions. How many of us have gotten to max level only to realize our professions are lagging somewhere behind? I personally never liked fishing yet I had to use it to get feasts and stuff. I also lagged behind with blacksmithing on my death knight and had to run through the Barrens to get copper and tin ore... yet with this pay alternative... you would not need to do that, you'd have your professions leveled for you while others lag behind. So already you have an advantage over people of your level.
    If you consider leveling a profession anything other than a minor chore, then you do have a huge disadvantage, which is that you don't understand the game yet.

Not understanding the game is a much bigger disadvantage than someone getting a profession partially or fully leveled as part of a purchase. Too bad you can't, you know, buy a set of clues.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Why are you playing this game again? Might as well get the end gear and be done with it. I don't see any point now. This is the biggest mistake Blizzard has made.
    The game is almost 10 year's old and with 100 levels it is just way to daunting to new players, so sadly this is a needed change.

I mean at this point, I have every class to 80+, so for blizzard to spend time on leveling content is worthless to me. People are complaining about them not fixing leveling content, but frankly it's the smallest part of the game. It would be like if they made a whole expansion of pet battle content. You wouldn't want them spending that much time (even if you DID pet battle, which many don't) on something that's just a small part of the whole game right?

I know that's a bad example since leveling is necessary for every other aspect of the game and is largely the lock and key mechanism for unlocking content. The reality is you can level so fast now that they just can't spend any appreciable time improving it. I think there are some easy QoL improvements they could make that would make leveling more enjoyable.

For instance, spread out the dungeons better instead of having 5 level 25 dungeons, having a level 20, then 22, then 24, etc. Doing dire maul over and over is really awful.

Another issue is that many of us have leveled so many toons that we are jaded with the whole process. I just leveled a monk in about 10 days (real days, not played) to 86, and I don't plan to level another character from 1 ever again. I bet there are a lot of players like that who just don't have any use for the leveling content. Because the end of expacs drag on so long, people amass alts over time.

Sure they should fix the level content to make the game more attractive to new players, but I think the old saying goes that current customers are WAY cheaper to keep around than attracting new customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    This is the most lame excuse for "pay-to-win" i have ever heard. In fact its not even an excuse, its just plain wrong. You dont win anything by buying a level 90 character. Are you mad because they "win" some of their precious time? Instead of doing the boring part of playing the game, tediously leveling a character to level 90, they decide to purchase a 90, and have fun in the end game content instead. There is no winning, no advantage, nothing to be more powerful than other people. The only thing they "win" is their time, which could be used elsewhere in the real world, socializing and making friends in real life instead of a video game.

Come back to reality man.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the most lame excuse for "pay-to-win" i have ever heard. In fact its not even an excuse, its just plain wrong. You dont win anything by buying a level 90 character. Are you mad because they "win" some of their precious time? Instead of doing the boring part of playing the game, tediously leveling a character to level 90, they decide to purchase a 90, and have fun in the end game content instead. There is no winning, no advantage, nothing to be more powerful than other people. The only thing they "win" is their time, which could be used elsewhere in the real world, socializing and making friends in real life instead of a video game.

Come back to reality man.
    This

I have better things to do then the same rehash quests of "kill x number of monsters" or "collect y number of vegetables in panda land".

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a thought - I've rarely heard people say "Oh I love leveling" and those few are the serial levelers with like 10+ chars. Everyone else goes on about how they hate it. Then every expansion people don't want to hear anything about leveling and only want to hear endgame stuff. If leveling was that important to you, would you not want them to go back and do something to it? Oh but hang on they did, in Cataclysm, and they got absolutely crucified for going back and redoing leveling content and not working more on endgame. So they finally do the work around of all work arounds and allow you to bypass it, and you still complain that it's not right?

They've tried doing nothing, they've tried redoing it like asked and now they're trying skipping it. Those are the only 3 options. And the community has blasted them for each and every single one. So, I ask you, how do you expect them to win when you exhaust their options and then still accuse them of not doing enough?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Instead of doing the boring part of playing the game, tediously leveling a character to level 90, they decide to purchase a 90, and have fun in the end game content instead.
    If the end game is toweringly ahead of the rest of the game that a buy skip to get to the "fun" exists, is there a problem? If so, is a buy to skip the correct or even best response?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes because the previous expansion's level cap is just a hop and skip away from epic raid gear, right?

Would you like some water with your hyperbole, sir?
    Would you like a cookie for using the word hyperbole in every post, madam?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great way to start as 90 on a new server/realm if you wish. Otherwise you probably have a 90 of the class you want to play already, so it's going to be irrelevant for many. Who'd want an instant 90 of a new class? I like the leveling process (quick as it is) because it lets you learn your abilities gradually. No fun to just start BOOM with everything. Gearing is quick too, the Timeless Isle will let you get geared up pretty well even without combat or killing mobs, just run around opening chests.

I truly don't get all the butthurt and complaining that you'll soon be able to buy 100's and end game gear. Nothing would suggest that so far. Blizzard knows what they are doing, they won't ever let you BUY your way to endgame, it's all going to be cosmetics or related. You'll still have to spend time doing things, which is the reason for the subscription.