Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Just a thought - I've rarely heard people say "Oh I love leveling" and those few are the serial levelers with like 10+ chars. Everyone else goes on about how they hate it. Then every expansion people don't want to hear anything about leveling and only want to hear endgame stuff. If leveling was that important to you, would you not want them to go back and do something to it? Oh but hang on they did, in Cataclysm, and they got absolutely crucified for going back and redoing leveling content and not working more on endgame. So they finally do the work around of all work arounds and allow you to bypass it, and you still complain that it's not right?

They've tried doing nothing, they've tried redoing it like asked and now they're trying skipping it. Those are the only 3 options. And the community has blasted them for each and every single one. So, I ask you, how do you expect them to win when you exhaust their options and then still accuse them of not doing enough?
    Those serial levelers are probably the ones raging about this. People can just pay some money and be on the same level as their greatest achievement in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Paid 90 is kinda of an insult to the rest of us who have already leveled one of everything to 90. It's like saying oh hey you just leveled that? I bet that took a lot of time. Well now you can just spend a few bucks and it's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Those serial levelers are probably the ones raging about this. People can just pay some money and be on the same level as their greatest achievement in game.
    All the ones I've spoken to (so granted that's a small sample size) don't actually seem that bothered. It's what they get fun in the game from, they don't enjoy running raids repeatedly. They get to max, they'll run the content maybe once and then do the same with another class. The people I see complaining most (and this thread is a great example) is LFR heroes who feel that their already god awful LFR runs are going to be somehow compromised or made harder by people with bought 90's (yep, something that can't even run the LFR content - in WoD at least).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I love the boost as well. I'm 13/14 H now, only 2x90 and damn, I would love to roll a warlock or a mage once we kill Garrosh, but guess what, too damn lazy. Levelling your first or second char is fun, I agree, but anything after that? It's a damn torture. It's boring as fuark. Should I have some money for these kind of expenses, I'll sure as hell buy these boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Lots of newbs don't know the recruit a friend program.
    They also don't have heirlooms and gold to level faster, and waste hundreds of hours on obsoleted content.

Now it is more fair to them.
    lol... more like 24-36 hours unless you really dick around wandering aimlessly or farming rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Paid 90 is kinda of an insult to the rest of us who have already leveled one of everything to 90. It's like saying oh hey you just leveled that? I bet that took a lot of time. Well now you can just spend a few bucks and it's done.
    So are you saying you didn't have fun leveling them? I earned many raid achievement mounts on different toons and when they made mounts account wide all that time played was sort of wasted. I didn't care though because I had fun doing it and I helped other people get their mounts.

Perhaps if people didn't level so many alts, they wouldn't get so tired of the process. This is a perfect example of how 1 small change(reducing the leveling grind) can have a snowball effect. People used to have mains and level alts on the side, but now having an alt of every class is a thing and so they have to stomp all over the game to synchronize with that.
    Game has gone to shit.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love people that have a compulsive need to rant about the game on the forums nonstop because they feel the quality is bad. Great advice for those people: move on. OT: I'm glad it is in the game too. It will bring a lot of old players to the game and allow them to catch back up in meaningful content. This is something MMO's in general have needed for a while. Questing isn't the focus of games with progression oriented endgame.
    BAD WOLF

So there's a problem with the game, and instead of Blizzard fixing it they say "pay us to skip it" and you're somehow glad? How utterly inane.
    How about Blizzard fixes the leveling and actually earn that 15bucks a month they're charging? or if they are too lazy/preoccupied/can't find a solution, why aren't they offering level skipping for free? They could implement a system where there's an NPC at the entry to each leveling zone who offers you a quest which you can instantly turn in that grants you enough exp to skip that zone. That would offer level skipping in a very flexible, player controlled way which would be incredibly easy for Blizzard to implement (we're talking intern level easy here).
    But nope. Instead "give us money to skip a problem we wont fix", and then people come out saying "I'm glad they are charging us".

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I wouldn't say wasted.. I would kill to be new to this game again and level to max.

But I'm not, and I love the idea of insta90 however kinda useless for me since I have every class at least 85 lol.
    I would gladly pay for the 90 boost even on my 85's because MOP is by far the worst expansion to level through to date. I sure hope they fix 5 mans during leveling to actually reward XP like they did in every other expansion. I hate quests with a passion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If that's your reason for liking it, I wonder why you even play.
    I am tempted to agree with the OP. It might get people more into things. Levelling can get pretty dull.

I fail to see how the original post has anything to do with why or why not he plays. He's simply pointing out it might benefit the community of new players.

Such appropriate, many use, so helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Perhaps if people didn't level so many alts, they wouldn't get so tired of the process. This is a perfect example of how 1 small change(reducing the leveling grind) can have a snowball effect. People used to have mains and level alts on the side, but now having an alt of every class is a thing and so they have to stomp all over the game to synchronize with that.
    Game has gone to shit.
    If I didn't have alts I would have quit years ago I need variety, I also have alts so I have all professions myself so I don't go broke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I would gladly pay for the 90 boost even on my 85's because MOP is by far the worst expansion to level through to date. I sure hope they fix 5 mans during leveling to actually reward XP like they did in every other expansion. I hate quests with a passion.
    I agree. I was on the fence when mope was announced, it caused most of my guild to quit. I played the beta up until the 2nd zone (forgot the name) and the collecting vegetables quests combined with the annoying pandas following you around was enough. The whole thing just seemed so childish. I am considering trying WoD and really hope I can boost my 85s past panda land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god.... this $hit is really happening... the worts part of this is, this is a disease and
    it will contaminate every damn new mmo in the future.

Blizzard the king of the microtransactions with subscription... what a sad day in the mmo story.
    The New World of Warcraft Expansion: "Corgis Unleashed"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grevie View Post
    Oh god.... this $hit is really happening... the worts part of this is, this is a disease and
    it will contaminate every damn new mmo in the future.

Blizzard the king of the microtransactions with subscription... what a sad day in the mmo story.
    Actually League of Legends is the top micro-transaction online game in the world.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Yes because the entire game revolves around leveling. /facepalm.

This is actually one of the best things blizzard has done.
    No but leveling is supposed to be a part of your experience aswell. Remember vanilla? It took time, loads of it.. Bugs.. A lot of them aswell, yet I learned my class mostly in and out. I learned a lot of stuff here and there and not to miss I had a lot of fun. Met probably over 100 guys that could be added as good friends from 1-60. In addition to this when I jumped to level 60 and bam, thought half of my journey was over to explore that it just had beginned.. Instead of moving away from leveling blizzard should move towards it.

With your guys point of view.. Leveling is just a part to merely get to the end content... Let's skip it, right? Why have levels in the game? Why even bother farming honor gear? why can't I make a character and start with full gear, if not full at least full honor gear in regards for pvp or full flex for pve? Why make the game more stupid than it already is. We should learn to restrict and make things worthwhile getting. Today it's like this. I got my epic sword.. It's meh, it's just lfr.. You'll even be like this if it was flex or normal. Even if hc thunder forged you're going to say meh, next patch and it's crap. The game has become to a state where items play no role. Please remove items, make items only give you the look, remove the level requirement, there's no need for players to farm items. Just make the game set ready go! At that point i would agree that those things as level 90 instant won't matter, but as long as there's benefits to get compared to other players .. It's unfair.

Why play a game you already pay for to make it play for you.. It's like buying a phone, but you're not fine with just paying your phone but you're also paying to be allowed to use the phone.

Tbh this change won't affect me, not even the slightest.. As long as the game balances a bit better in pvp and we get me content I'm playing, as soon as it stop I quit.

Can't say I'm too happy about this, but it'll happen regardless of what I think so I can't really be bothered.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Actually League of Legends is the top micro-transaction online game in the world.
    I said "king of MICROTRANSACTIONS WITH SUBSCRIPTION". We got your money twice faster.
    The New World of Warcraft Expansion: "Corgis Unleashed"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    I'm angry about this tbh :| Leveling is part of the world of warcraft experience. But whatever, blizzard can just be even more greedy
    Well, then -if it's that important to you, why don't you level? They're not taking it away from you - just giving you options.

WoW used to be about the adventure/story/experience, now it's just about gaming for loot/collectables. That's basically the description of their philosophy shift over the years.