Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone still play Aion?

I'm curious if this game is any good, I never tried it but I heard the pvp was awesome and I am really dying for some pvp action until WoD.

DLing it now regardless.

Deleted
    I wanted to try pvp in this game, but think you can start only at 20 or even 30+, and the leveling is not that fun, I made it to lvl 5 =) The thought of 15+ more levels to see any kind of action didn't make it for me. + EU got f2p-model a la crap.
    If you are NA you get a much better model, and if you don't mind some oldstyle questing, why not give it a try? Won't cost you more than time and computer space.

15+ Year Old Account
    The PvP was amazing (when 50 was the max level) but i stopped when the expansion came out that increased the level cap to 55, it's like 60 or 65 now i think. I've never enjoyed a game for it's world pvp than aion, something just feels so satisfying about it. Also unlike wow, when you kill someone you get a decent amount of honour (abyss points in this game) which you can then spend on upgrades. The higher the rank that the person you killed is the more points you get.

As for leveling it was a pretty big grind, a lot of quests got added but it's still a grind, no where near as bad though. I got two characters to level 50 at the time, a ranger and then a gladiator, the gladiator was by far my fave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, really looking forward to this, hopefully the pvp is still great. I regret not picking this up when it was more relevant but I thought to myself "sigh, another korean grind."

Honestly after GW2 grind and not getting any decent reward for over a year I think I can handle anything right about now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My younger sister still plays the shit out of Aion. Mostly PvP stuff at level cap I think. She seems to enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    id love to try it again but since my original account is EU id have to create a new one for the US version but i really dont want to register to random games/sites anymore
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-01-29 at 03:53 AM.

Getting into this game is incredibly hard, you can obviously try to grind all the way to the cap, but it takes AGES, and back when I played low levels were being thrown together with max level people - well, more like there seemed to be only 1 PvP zone. Balancing stats didn't help as it only seemed to balance the base stats and ignored item stats, so obviously low levels were being murdered by max levels.

I know I gave up at around 30 level, there was too much grind and it was plain impossible to play PvP. I loved the setting, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    New class comes tomorrow with a mech XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    New class comes tomorrow with a mech XD
    Haha I saw that..dafuq?

@Airlick I guess if you roll on certain servers with a certain faction you get free XP scrolls and other gear to help level. I plan on doing that today.

I'm trying to enter the forums but the site is being a bitch, probably overload from the new class or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Weapon
    Cipher-Blade

A hefty key-like weapon used to summon Bastions, the magical mounts used by Aethertechs. These two-handed weapons drop from monsters, can be made from crafting, and may be found as rewards in dungeons.

so a keyblade..

supposedly it's a lot better now but I played when it first released here in the US. The leveling grind was horrific, worse than any game except for Lineage 2

and then not to mention the crafting, that was painful

not sure how it is now though

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    supposedly it's a lot better now but I played when it first released here in the US. The leveling grind was horrific, worse than any game except for Lineage 2

and then not to mention the crafting, that was painful

not sure how it is now though
    This was my experience as well.
    Oh my frickin' grindfest.
    It was so bad I found a bot to level for me, and wasn't even upset when they banned me. The grind was that bad.

If they've tuned the game for western levelling (i.e. we don't like mindless grind crap), the other aspects of the game are certainly appealing.

Is the game entirely f2p? or there are some stuff behind payment? i played it on release and then later in a private server and holy shit, i loved the abyss, the outland map where you can fly, the map was like a huge bg with castles and shit that the faction can capture. Then they send me back to the main world to do more grind quest Q_Q. While i was able to do a dungeon at lvl 45 i was bored so i quit.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2014-01-29 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's totally F2P afaik, enjoying it so far. Some random dood from the forums hooked it up with some items and crap lol.

I hear the last level is pretty atrocious grind but other than that it isn't too bad, these aren't my words though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It's totally F2P afaik, enjoying it so far. Some random dood from the forums hooked it up with some items and crap lol.

I hear the last level is pretty atrocious grind but other than that it isn't too bad, these aren't my words though.
    In North America, yes, it's 100% F2P.

Also, make sure you change to the fast-track server. It's something like a 300% experience boost all the way through 50.

Is there any site to check the population of each server like in wow? an estimated ofc.

Deleted
    Even if you hit max level now, you need to grind months and months of Abyss points to get a decent PvP set. Everything is about gear in this game. You wont kill anything without it. Not to mention you need to carry 100's of consumables ea potions/scrolls etc that only last 5 mins each.

After that, you have to upgrade your gear which takes billions of Kinah (gold) to get up. Enchanting and gemming your gear is completely RNG. If you fail to gem 1 out of 6 gems they will all be lost and you have to start over again. This game is nothing but a time sink and there is no end-game content whatsoever for PvE players.

It's a extremely heavy Korean MMO grinding game once you hit max level. I simply gave up on the game since the only thing I was doing is farming kinah to get my gear gemmed/enchanted.

Farmed kinah for 1 week about 10 hours a day, bought a shit ton of gems and enchants and everything failed.

If you want to PvP properly at end game, dont bother, you wont get anything done till WoD comes out to be anywhere close to competetive.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuna View Post
    Even if you hit max level now, you need to grind months and months of Abyss points to get a decent PvP set. Everything is about gear in this game. You wont kill anything without it. Not to mention you need to carry 100's of consumables ea potions/scrolls etc that only last 5 mins each.

After that, you have to upgrade your gear which takes billions of Kinah (gold) to get up. Enchanting and gemming your gear is completely RNG. If you fail to gem 1 out of 6 gems they will all be lost and you have to start over again. This game is nothing but a time sink and there is no end-game content whatsoever for PvE players.

It's a extremely heavy Korean MMO grinding game once you hit max level. I simply gave up on the game since the only thing I was doing is farming kinah to get my gear gemmed/enchanted.

Farmed kinah for 1 week about 10 hours a day, bought a shit ton of gems and enchants and everything failed.

If you want to PvP properly at end game, dont bother, you wont get anything done till WoD comes out to be anywhere close to competetive.
    They've added in multiple dungeons and raids over the past few major patches, no? I seeing information about new max level raids and dungeons that came with the 4.0 patch.

And you realize that the end-game of every second generation is a time sink grind, right?

Also, you can purchase reagents to improve the chance of your manastones etc. succeeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In North America, yes, it's 100% F2P.

Also, make sure you change to the fast-track server. It's something like a 300% experience boost all the way through 50.
    Oh I see what you mean, I was wondering what the hell that fast track server was.

15+ Year Old Account
    I made a bard last week, I thought it was pretty fun, but then again the whole thing was new to me so maybe that was it. I went back to Tera just because it had more people, and it seems like the game I can pass the time with at max level just doing dungeons not giving a crap about gear. Cause that's really all I have time for these days, having a max level character doing end-game dungeons (and raids if there's a dungeon finder)