Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    How is the best talent of the row "redundant"?
    It's thematically identical to Alter Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

lol was waiting for Akraen's thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't disagree with the decision to decouple it, and I was very afraid it was going to end up being a competing talent to greater invis, which would've upset me a lot.

Yeah I prefer the DPS being there, but it's no big deal for it to be gone because you also need to consider all the other changes happening.

Point is I didn't want the 'concept' of it to die - and it hasn't. I'll be taking that talent and using it a lot. It'll be a high-skill defensive talent that smart mages will absolutely break mechanics on.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    It'll be a high-skill defensive talent that smart mages will absolutely break mechanics on.
    Do you Ji-kun? The implications are mind boggling.

Mildly upset that, again, it doesn't do anything to actively prevent you from dying in that instant, but fairly happy with the result.

It would be great if it had a passive effect to automatically activate if you die during the buff but that's maybe a bit much to ask for out of a 1.5 minute cooldown.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That'd make it a better Cauterize, sadly.

Deleted
    I should just resurrect you. It says it brings you back in time. So if u die it should revert it.
    And if its a better cauterize then its fine. Cauterize is still passive so there is no point.

Love the change, fits well thematically while taking away stupid rng deaths/ complications due to having to use for Dps. Love it as strict utility

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Do you Ji-kun? The implications are mind boggling.

Mildly upset that, again, it doesn't do anything to actively prevent you from dying in that instant, but fairly happy with the result.
    Iron Qon was my favorite use of it, never saw a tornado.

It still has DPS implications. If using it allows you to avoid a major movement or disruption to DPS so that you can continue to DPS, that is in fact-- DPS.

I will be using it 100% of the time, as far as I'm concerned it's the only talent that tier.

Success

-ish.
    Nope. I understand why theres no longer a dps component, but damn this really takes away from one of my favorite aspects of mages in MoP. RIP AT, hello improved temporal shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Nope. I understand why theres no longer a dps component, but damn this really takes away from one of my favorite aspects of mages in MoP. RIP AT, hello improved temporal shield.
    It's a better result than what a bunch of people wanted.

It's a better result than what a bunch of people wanted.
    Very true, I'm just grumpy about it.

It's sad to see 'clever' ability being demoted to the level of yet another personal cd (which, in my opinion, we dont even need in PVE environment)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IsrafaelMage View Post
    It's sad to see 'clever' ability being demoted to the level of yet another personal cd (which, in my opinion, we dont even need in PVE environment)
    There was nothing clever about using Alter Time as a DPS cooldown. In fact, with the change it will become a more cerebral version of Temporal Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like the Spell to stay the same with a small little change. Procc Protection.

When AT is active u shouldnt get any Int/trinket proccs.

For Example if PBoI doesn't procc on opener you are forced to use AT, if you don't want to expire all the other proccs/buffs. If then PBoI proccs during AT you have to cancelaura and lose all saved proccs/buffs or you'll lose the PBoI procc.
    This is just frustrating RNG sometimes and not concerning to wrong CD usage.

Agreed with the master.

Where is the mage thread for removing ROP though? We need every mage to send a message to blizzard about this.
    Pretty much the only complain I got for mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty satisfied it can be a defensive CD that will benefit Mages that know what they are doing more. It is essentially temporal shield 2.0, but works a lot better. What would be nice if it could also be used to extend debuffs and such (getting an extra time on bombs on Spoils because you are lazy, or getting extra time with Gift of the Titans because you are a pro). I could see that being annoying and problematic in some situations, however (extending the dot on Nazgrim and annoying healers).

Deleted
    I'm so happy they changed this. Alter Time in it's current state is one of the dumbest and most clunky parts of beeing a Mage. I ended up almost fearing evry single pull because of how punishing it was when the Immersus trinket didn't proc. If it didnt proc, it didn't only ruin a big chunk of my Pull DPS, it also ruined my next Alter Time burst, since it would no longer line up with the next Raid CD's (Skull Banner, Bloodlust, etc).

The utility this change gives Alter Time is just amazing. Beeing able to do certain tasks during the fights and then teleport back to your previous location is just awsome!

Soaking Rifts (Sha)
    Dodging Breath of Y'shaar (Malkoroc)
    Dropping Bombs (Spoils)

These are just the first mechanic uses that pops up in my head, but this AND the fact that you can use it as a "Temporal Shield Heal" just gives it SO much utility.

Having to save it, soley for a DPS purpose was just dumb.
    Last edited by mmoc0ccd92b64e; 2014-04-05 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    AGREE,

and as a member of parliament, i have many ideas in which we can help this petition grow,
    1. punch someone in the face
    2. ???
    3.Profit