Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    No, it is fact. If you ever went to school you would know that it is fact.

Now I highly doubt you went to school but if you did then you most likely had someone in your class that just knew math, didn't matter if they did their homework or not, they would always get the best grades. Same applies to all classes, for example when I were in school I could learn programming much much faster than anyone else in my class, while they sat in class and had to get help from the teacher all the time I completed my programming assignment in under an hour depending on the assignment.
    If it was fact, we could reconstruct a human brain. What you explained was a few trials out of an infinite amount of other trials that could have resulted differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. Bad idea. The last thing we need is people who boost their character being stigmatized and kicked out of groups and LFR.
    I think you mean it's exactly what we need.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Skill (n) - the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well.

You'd be skilled at licking paint.
    There is no skill at all in leveling. There is no 'leveling the wrong way' or 'leveling well'. You just level up. Takes no practice, aptitude, and near to no knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If at max level you play your class the way you played it at level 20 you suck. The only way to learn to play a class at max level is to play it at max level, the journey to max level does not prepare you in anyway for max level.
    by level 20 I hope someone is able to read their spell book and character sheet. From the info gained through those actions at lvl 20 they should be able to get an idea of what the fuck to do at 90.

The spell book shows every skill you get in your build, when you get it (greyed out but still readable even at lvl 20 or lower), and explains how it works.... it doesn't miraculously change at 90, it's written in a way we can see as soon as we get the book and if you can figure out the maths you cna even figure out the formulas determining how much benefit of your AP/SP each skill gets (assuming you don't just go look that up online).

This aint rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There is no skill at all in leveling. There is no 'leveling the wrong way' or 'leveling well'. You just level up. Takes no practice, aptitude, and near to no knowledge.
    Well, it certainly takes some practice. You can't just jump in the game not knowing anything and level your character to 90. I think the best solution would be to add a personal statistic somewhere that shows how many characters you leveled to 90. After all, it did take time to level all of those characters. I hate it when they take things out of the game that I worked hard for. It makes me not want to play because I can just wait for the next expansion and get everything that others work hard to get for practically nothing.

If it was fact, we could reconstruct a human brain. What you explained was a few trials out of an infinite amount of other trials that could have resulted differently.
    What you are saying is that ALL brains works EXACTLY the same, if THAT was true we could reconstruct a human brain, what we are saying is that everyone is different and you can't say stuff like "everyone learns everything exactly as fast as everyone else" like you have been doing.

Leveling characters is NOT working hard LOL.

The part in bold is not fact. That is theory.
    The part in bold is not fact. It's just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$
    Give a solid reason beyond "I want people to see I don't boost because it makes me feel better due to arbitrary and unimportant reasons that feed my ego".
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Well, it certainly takes some practice. You can't just jump in the game not knowing anything and level your character to 90.
    Actually, you can. You can 'just jump into the game not knowing anything'. Because the quests pretty much tell you what to do. They tell you who needs help, they mark quest areas on your map, and even tell you if a quest is too high or to low level for your character.

Bads will be bad, regardless of what achievements you attach to them.

Well, it certainly takes some practice. You can't just jump in the game not knowing anything and level your character to 90. I think the best solution would be to add a personal statistic somewhere that shows how many characters you leveled to 90. After all, it did take time to level all of those characters. I hate it when they take things out of the game that I worked hard for. It makes me not want to play because I can just wait for the next expansion and get everything that others work hard to get for practically nothing.
    I think I leveled my first 90 with little effort in MoP. There were so many bugs you could do over and over again to get quick levels versus the player that slogged through all the quest givers with the 50 people on their biggest mount with buffs so you had to click through to obtain or hand in. Other than that iron man challenge is still active and people follow the rules to 90. So I reckon leveling with gear is much easier for some reason?

I've got one 90, and five characters between 80 and 85. I'd boost one of those any day to skip the worst leveling zones of the game, that doesn't mean I won't know how to play them anymore, and I wouldn't deserve the abuse that would come if I had a big sign over my head saying I boosted it 10 levels.

At first I didn't like that new people can get an automatic 90 or even buy the boost, and wanted the feature to only be for people who actually levelled through it all at least once, but the truth is; levelling themselves or not - bads will still be bad. Doesn't matter how or when they get to endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    What you are saying is that ALL brains works EXACTLY the same, if THAT was true we could reconstruct a human brain, what we are saying is that everyone is different and you can't say stuff like "everyone learns everything exactly as fast as everyone else" like you have been doing.
    I'm not stating anything as fact. We simply don't know if all brains work the same. We also don't know if all brains have a capped operating speed, like you are suggesting. I'm just saying there are things to question in that field. My personal theory is that if someone works hard at something, they will become skilled at it eventually. I've seen this over and over from my own observations. It's complete ignorance, in my eyes, to think that someone can do something for so long and not become skilled in it at some point. It's also amazing to me that people think they can do something better than someone else by putting in less effort. In addition, these people believe they are some type of god and everyone should bow to their great power. They believe they were born with a better mind than everyone else. Why are we embracing this type of behavior? I hope people like that continue to not reap the benefits the people that do put in the effort get. Again, this is all through my eyes. Nothing is fact. It's my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    I have 5 90s (warrior, paladin, rogue, hunter, monk) one 85 (death knight), one 71 (mage) and a smattering of pre-60 characters (warlock, which is currently being leveled to 90, druid, death knight). I joined the game when BWL was current content, quit, and rejoined full-time in BC.

I couldn't give a rat fart whether someone boosted a 90 or leveled it the hard way. I care about if they're actively participating in the group.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

yeah no
    this community is awful and people - even those using the free 90 boost - would be kicked.

Because "before" there was no boosts. So no need for recognition.
    You are wrong there was. If you used a SoR 2 years ago you got an instant 80. I made a mage as having 2 accounts it was useful to have a max one on each account. Why should she be 'named' as an instant when i leveled on so i knew the class. My Instant 90 will be a mage again, a horde one as it will be of use to my horde chars on my other account, and again, having got 2 90 mages now, why would i want to level another, and why would anyone else, apart from you, need to know how she was made. Do you have the same problem IRL with how others live their lives?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand.
    check the lvl 10-20-30------ achievements up to 90 on the same day?
    even if it was RAF that got em most of the levels, it's still paying, to get 90 that much faster.

also character data sites like http://www.warcraftrealms.com
    search a char name on the top right,(there are reasons people do name changes, and if there's a XYZ after a server xfer and it forces you, then ask them what their name used to be(not sure but sites used to track server transfers based off each character having a unique string of achievements/dates received.)
    but with account wide achieves idk how possible that is anymore?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    check the lvl 10-20-30------ achievements up to 90 on the same day?
    even if it was RAF that got em most of the levels, it's still paying, to get 90 that much faster.

also character data sites like http://www.warcraftrealms.com
    search a char name on the top right,(there are reasons people do name changes, and if there's a XYZ after a server xfer and it forces you, then ask them what their name used to be(not sure but sites used to track server transfers based off each character having a unique string of achievements/dates received.)
    but with account wide achieves idk how possible that is anymore?
    Achievement series no longer list the dates for prior achievements in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. Bad idea. The last thing we need is people who boost their character being stigmatized and kicked out of groups and LFR.
    This, on a million levels.

Couldn't have said it better myself
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything