Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
45
LastLast
  1. #861
    Stood in the Fire Hooliganz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    If we're going to do this, we should have a separate one for those who used RaF. And another one for those who were granted levels through RaF. And for those who didn't use heirlooms. Maybe one for those who didn't use a DPS spec leveling up.
    i like this idea

  2. #862
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,813
    I think it is a bad idea to add in something that shows who bought a level 90 boost.


  3. #863
    Herald of the Titans Duridi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Teldrassil
    Posts
    2,639
    Why, why and why?

    Really?

    Stop being so incredibly hurt by others playing the game differently than yourself. Seriously.

  4. #864
    There should be no way to single out the boosted players I mean come on. Granted, I will not be buying one since the only non 90 I have is a monk and I'll use my free one on that one. But still. This thread just shows, to me, how non open this community is to new players. For the first time that I can remember, Blizzard is making an active attempt to GET NEW BLOOD INTO THE GAME instead of trying to BRING BACK OLD PLAYERS. This should make people happy. And maybe, these new players wouldn't be jerks if people were nicer to them in dungeons when offering advice instead of "Hey Jerkoff, way to pull x-dps below the tank not gtfo out of my dungeon."
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

  5. #865
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    228
    I didn't read through all 43 preceding pages, but if you were really interested in finding out if they boosted, why not just check the achievement page?

    Statistics page lists # of quests completed for individual toons. Obviously a insta-90 will have less than MOST toons, depending on how you leveled. From there you could continue on to BG and Dungeons.

    With all that said, personally I don't care how someone got to 90.
    Here is what you might consider an unexpected truth: The only place where I commonly see elitist assholes is here. I rarely encounter them in the game. The game as portrayed on forums is not the game that most people actually experience. - MoanaLisa

  6. #866
    Warchief Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    2,233
    I rather tag ppl who dosnt gem/enchant their gear with a giant "I AM BAD" banner over their head
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  7. #867
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    To all the folks that say "leveling teaches you the class" - what game are you playing?

    No, seriously, what game are you referring to?


    Since Cata (if not even before) leveling in WoW has been done WITH UP TO 3 BUTTONS - 2 of them are for damage spells and 1 is for the mount!

    Leveling in WoW teaches you NOTHING:


    - you don't need a rotation
    - you dont need crowd control
    - you dont need mobility or positioning
    - you dont need defensive spells
    - you dont need dispels or soothes
    - you dont need to micro manage your pet's spells
    - you dont need to read a single quest log or any spell/talent/glyph tooltip
    - you dont need any form of consumables or pre-potting,
    - you dont have to worry about threat in dungeons since mobs are wimpy
    - you dont have to know below lvl90 boss spells since none are a danger
    - you dont have to manage your mana as a healer until lvl90
    - you can spam AoE healing for just 1 target and still do wonderful
    - you dont need any teamwork or party coordination for dungeons
    - you can stand in any form of a fire for as much as you want
    - you can use completely wrong gear or even be naked and still breeze through quests
    - you can even use completely wrong weapons and still own any mob of your level
    - leveling professions is pretty much pointless since gold is very plentiful from questing

    Having people instantly boosted to lvl90 will do absolutely nothing bad.
    People who do not want to learn their class WILL NOT get any "education" from leveling - please stop lying to yourself and living in a pipe dream...
    Makes a lot of sense.
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

  8. #868
    You do get some sort of education from leveling.

    If you really suck, you will be told/flamed in leveling dungeons. Maaaaybe this person will think about it.


    Now the bad people will be flamed in high lvl dungeons and dont have as much time to change/abondon the class .

  9. #869
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Why, why and why?

    Really?

    Stop being so incredibly hurt by others playing the game differently than yourself. Seriously.
    This. Get over it. People talk about how its going to "damage" the game. What about the talk of people coming back because of the boost? I know for a fact the 2 friend i spoke to about it are hyper and coming back after quitting for a year. I of them leveled 2 toons really quick for professions but then felt bad because he didn't like how both classes played out end-game. Because of the boost he can buy the 2 classes he wants to 90 right way. Trust me alot of people are coming back with the boost. Maybe a few butthurts will leave for 2 weeks like they always do then come back because of hooks.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  10. #870
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    leveling the traditional way should slowly introduce you to spells and your class abilities over time. you should have real character development and learn to use different spells in different locations.

    Oh this boss enraged, oh but i'm a druid and i just got "soothe". i guess i can remove that! cool.

    instead you get players that have boosted to 90 instantly, have no idea how to play their character effectively and a weaker pool of players.
    Come on. Lets be realistic here. Barely anyone does that. whether it is shivving rogues or soothing druids, and it doesn't matter really if they botted, grinded or quested to level 90. (perhaps people who leveled in PvP do use it). Nothing is gonna change. You have clueless people at max level now too.
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something.
    - Plato

  11. #871
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I would love to see the video where you only used 1 ability from 1 to 90.
    Until my hunter hit Pandaria, I didn't use any skills but Arcane Shot and Steady Shot. In dungeons I used Kill Command for giggles. In Pandaria, I used Disengage now and then to get away from a mob so my core hound could pick up aggro (which took all of a second). Back in BC/early Wrath, I leveled a paladin who took very little effort--I laid down a Consecrate and alt-tabbed until I heard a death cry, healed, laid down another one, and waited. My Warrior took even less effort back when BWL was current content--specced Prot, right-clicked, walked off to grab some tea. Leveling her to 70 was the same story, different locale, maybe a little tiny bit faster because she used DPS weapons instead of stamina-heavy tank weapons while leveling in Outland.

    I'm leveling a Warlock right now, and it's literally just Corruption on a group of mobs, pop Dark Apotheosis, and deal with them at my leisure with Hand of Gul'dan and Drain Life.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  12. #872
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    You do get some sort of education from leveling.

    If you really suck, you will be told/flamed in leveling dungeons. Maaaaybe this person will think about it.


    Now the bad people will be flamed in high lvl dungeons and dont have as much time to change/abondon the class .
    What's to abandon? LvL 90 + YouTube + Icy-Veins = Learn your endgame PvE in 30 mins or less.
    Last edited by Superman-BladesEdge; 2014-02-03 at 03:22 PM. Reason: *spelling
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

  13. #873
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    Honestly, who cares? I've played this game on and off since vanilla...I'm sick of leveling and it effects me in no way shape or form if people wanna boost to 90. Hell, with heirlooms and even recruit-a-friend its a freebee to level anyway as you overpower anything you come across. You spend a few days or a few weeks leveling up a character normally...the other 99.9% of the time you are doing end-game content with your lvl90. Leveling is not a challenge and it hasn't been in a long long time so why would you need recognition for something that is a breeze?

  14. #874
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    You do get some sort of education from leveling.

    If you really suck, you will be told/flamed in leveling dungeons. Maaaaybe this person will think about it.
    No you don't. I just leveled a rogue (again) after switching from alliance to horde. I'm pretty experienced with it. My damage was absolutely shit in LFD and felt like dead weight. Why? Good luck getting combo points when your tank is 3-shotting everything and does most damage on every pack. Only time I did more damage was on bossfights and I had to blow all my cooldowns.

    Nobody told me I did bad, because there is barely any human interaction in LFD. We're all there with one goal: to get it over with.
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something.
    - Plato

  15. #875
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    i also worked hard for the money i bought the boost with...
    work 1-2hours to get a lvl 90 or quest 20-40hours to get a lvl 90?
    after 10years of playing the answer is crystal clear to me

  16. #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'm leveling a Warlock right now, and it's literally just Corruption on a group of mobs, pop Dark Apotheosis, and deal with them at my leisure with Hand of Gul'dan and Drain Life.
    Mix it up and level as destruction. It's also very easy, but at least the rotation is a bit different.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  17. #877
    I have 5 90s, and...not even going to try to remember, too tired, but even more 80-85+ toons. I could not care less about Joe Shmoe buying a 90. I could not care less about being "recognized" for levelling. Why? Because levelling isn't hard or even worth noticing. Now if someone gets Loremaster, that's awesome and worth noticing. If someone levelled to 90 like every other person that's currently 90 in the game? How is that special? And chances are, the majority of people buying multiple 90s will be people who have already levelled multiple 90s, or at least 1, and just can't stand the levelling process anymore.

    I know as soon as WoD goes for pre-order I'm grabbing it and my free 90. Thinking an ally priest or shaman healer...since my other ones are horde.

  18. #878
    Stood in the Fire Cuzzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    487
    Recognition for what exactly? Playing a video game...not real life bro calm down
    Semper Fi

  19. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    Now if someone gets Loremaster, that's awesome and worth noticing.
    I agree. I was so upset that I still had Vash'Jir and Winterspring left when Pandaria launched. So to get my title I had to finish those two AND do every stinkin zone in Pandaria for it. The only thing tougher than that was getting the title pre-cata when there were no flying mounts in Azeroth zones.
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

  20. #880
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Your bad example is based on some random assumption someone is going to take some time and teach either player what to do and how to do it.

    More often than not that is not going to happen.

    You show up, ready to play. If I have option A (gamer who played for hours) and gamer B who just bought his toon. I'll choose A.

    A least he invested some time. I'd give that gamer the benefit before some random bought toon gamer. At that point, I don't care why he bought the toon, how much he has to work or how many kids he has to feed and why he can't be bothered to level, that gamer would not be the one I would choose to spend my gaming time with.

    If I had a way to tell his toon was bought and could clearly see he's clueless, that gamer would get kicked before someone that leveled a toon (even though both might get kicked before it's all said and done for poor play).
    Sure, Blizzard can add this as soon as they add a way for me to show who has kicked people just for them being a boosted character so I can block them from ever having to run with them. The only reason you should kick people are for legitimate reasons, i.e. toxic behavior, D/C'd too long, AFK in SW/Org, abysmal performance (and won't listen to advice), etc.

    I might very well take advantage of the boost just to create a toon of a class I already know on the opposite faction, or boost I class I had to 85 in Cata, but didn't level to 90 due to the unfriendly alt environment of MoP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •