Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Can we also get something that tells us who goes into LFR? I hate having to inspect people to find out who I can and cannot socialize with.

This sounds like discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    This sounds like discrimination.
    More like the numbers tattooed on the arms of certain individuals to make them more easily identified by a certain regime.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Because "before" there was no boosts. So no need for recognition.
    Giving people recognition for leveling to 90 instead of boosting to 90 is comparable to giving someone recognition for walking up a flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator to the second floor.

It's beyond me why on earth you don't want other people with boosted 90's, other than you're a selfish, jealous person who "had to walk barefoot 10 miles in the snow" and want everyone else to suffer just as much as you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    More like the numbers tattooed on the arms of certain individuals to make them more easily identified by a certain regime.
    Didn't some other group of people try that? Just, you know, for identification purposes? Not as discrimination?

Needless to say, this is a TERRIBLE idea that will only lead to pointless elitism and unnecessary group kicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Giving people recognition for leveling to 90 instead of boosting to 90 is comparable to giving someone recognition for walking up a flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator to the second floor.

It's beyond me why on earth you don't want other people with boosted 90's, other than you're a selfish, jealous person who "had to walk barefoot 10 miles in the snow" and want everyone else to suffer just as much as you did.
    https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Spe...flake_Syndrome

Seems a lot of people have it these days. "In my day, we WALKED til lvl 40 uphill, to scarlet monastery and HOPED for someone to run through with us just to get the 300 gold needed to buy the lowest riding training and ONE mount. We didn't have this 310% flying crap and we liked it!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    Didn't some other group of people try that? Just, you know, for identification purposes? Not as discrimination?

Needless to say, this is a TERRIBLE idea that will only lead to pointless elitism and unnecessary group kicks.
    I think we get one another

Deleted
    Good for you, I have 2 90 and will have 2 100 in WoD, i don´t give a fuck about 90$ characters, hands aren´t fir sell yet so expect 100 $characters to do 20k or so in lfr, GL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Good for you, I have 2 90 and will have 2 100 in WoD, i don´t give a fuck about 90$ characters, hands aren´t fir sell yet so expect 100 $characters to do 20k or so in lfr, GL
    Not to sound like a dick, but I didn't follow this. It's like you started with grammar and ended with Jack Daniels.

There's absolutely no chance this will happen, it would only risk people being made fun of for purchasing. It would accomplish nothing.
    IMA CHARGIN MY FIREBALL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Ok, sorry. This thread just went Godwin on us.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It kinda started out that way. Not sure it "went" Godwin, as it was just finally acknowledged. I mean... right outta the gate. MARKING SOMEONE TO MAKE THEM EASILY IDENTIFIED AND ULTIMATELY PERSECUTED. Tell me you did not have the exact same thought

For those who do not get it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Getting to max level is a joke in this game anyways. Sure, it may take some time for the first character you make (especially for a new player) but between heirlooms, guild xp buff, certain holiday events that boost xp, recruit a friend granting levels (you can take that as buying levels in itself considering how many people I've seen do that). I just don't see it as being such a big deal. Do I agree with being able to buy levels? Not really...it's not something I personally would do since that's just not my style...would I use a free boost to get a character to 90? Probably an alt that I know I'll never play except to do gathering/as a bank character...but if I have it might as well use it.

People who choose to just boost and then try their hand at end game may find they need more practice at the game...others just might wanna save the week or two that it would take them to reach max level so they can actually participate in the content everyone else is doing (leveling can be kind of a lonely feeling when you see your entire guild doing raids/heroics/scenarios...things you can't get involved in until level 90). If the game was slightly more engaging during the leveling process vs. just grind as quickly as possible then I might have more of a problem with it. But being as WoW no longer focuses on anything except end game content then the older content is something you go back and do later (like old dungeons and raids...) there really is no reason aside from learning to play the game/class for leveling.

I'm sure you'll be able to pick out the people who boosted anyways early on...when they may not fully understand rotations and are asking 100 questions in trade chat about their class and how to play it...but even so, if they become a decent player 4 months after the boosting and are able to do the dungeons and raids and not be a complete failure who cares? I've seen plenty of people spend the time to actually level and they still don't know how to play their class.

I understand people who spent the time to level all their classes to 90 may now feel like they got screwed out of a free boost...and I get that, but the players in this game have made leveling so trivial and so much of a rush I really can't blame blizzard for putting this out there. I still may not fully agree with it, and I would rather not see it in any game ever, but it's there and it's something you can either learn to love or hate. I personally just don't care anymore because what's the point? You bash it people come up with 100 reasons why it's a good thing...support it people tell you why it's bad.

Blizzard putting out a way to show who used the boost is going to make the players who hate it give the players that used boost a hard time...which then results in tickets being opened for players harassing them...I just wouldn't count on anything being implemented to show who actually took the time to level and who just bought their way to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Next in store. Anti kick protection - just 9.99$.
    Put a limited use timer on it and they will make millions. Blizzard should hire you just for this.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yeah, the problem (like Supes already said) is that this thread started out as a direct analogy for it right off the bat. There was no ratio of an internet law taking place. There was no word play by posters to take it there. It was there, immediately recognizable from the beginning. There should be a new law that counter acts that law that states "Given that Godwin's Law is true, there exists a chance directly equal to Godwin's Law + 1 that someone will discredit a correct analogy of prejudice with Godwin's Law itself. Furthermore, discussion has a chance of Pi*N, where N = number of posts occurring before fallaciously stating Godwin's Law and can only be represented as Pi through 100%, of using the literal occurrence of the Holocaust to dismiss 1:1 analogies of persecution."

In other words, Godwin's Law is an internet buzz'word' used to dismiss arguments that are actually valid because they have no ground to base an actual argument on. Similar terms can be expressed with this law such as straw man, ad hominem, etc. In fact, I propose that the 3rd follow up to Godwin's Law will state that once any of these terms are presented as an argument in place of actual logic, there is a probability rapidly approaching 1 that all of the others will shortly follow.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone in game already criticizes, bashes, and completely trash other players for little things as it is. No need to add ANOTHER thing to hold players back.

Just because I boosted 1 character, shouldn't put into question my abilities as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$
    why should it matter? I read guides at elitistjerks.com and icyveins. I play on PTR's trying out new classes and builds even if I dont have one on live. I read these forums as well as other forums like tankspot and several blogs. I can take fresh 90s into LFR and beat out people who have full epics and have been 90 for months. So if I have a freebie level 90 character it somehow makes me worse? Leveling a character from scratch doesnt make you good. Knowing your class and encounters makes you good. Hell look at the game now. Currently there is no boosting and people are still fucking terrible even after leveling up from one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah, the problem (like Supes already said) is that this thread started out as a direct analogy for it right off the bat. There was no ratio of an internet law taking place. There was no word play by posters to take it there. It was there, immediately recognizable from the beginning. There should be a new law that counter acts that law that states "Given that Godwin's Law is true, there exists a chance directly equal to Godwin's Law + 1 that someone will discredit a correct analogy of prejudice with Godwin's Law itself. Furthermore, discussion has a chance of Pi*N, where N = number of posts occurring before fallaciously stating Godwin's Law and can only be represented as Pi through 100%, of using the literal occurrence of the Holocaust to dismiss 1:1 analogies of persecution."

In other words, Godwin's Law is an internet buzz'word' used to dismiss arguments that are actually valid because they have no ground to base an actual argument on. Similar terms can be expressed with this law such as straw man, ad hominem, etc. In fact, I propose that the 3rd follow up to Godwin's Law will state that once any of these terms are presented as an argument in place of actual logic, there is a probability rapidly approaching 1 that all of the others will shortly follow.
    We could call it Kelimbror's Law

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    Let be honest, no one has really "worked hard" for their 90s.
    It's only a matter of time, not difficulty.

They should get a star icon next to their name to show everyone how special they are. It also lets people know they are the ones that help expand the cash shop.

They might catch some flak for it but they are keeping the game afloat with their store purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post

As a side note, concerning the whole idea that "I'm better because I leveled"... The amount of skill it takes to get from level 1 to level 2 is the same amount of skill it takes to get from level 89 to level 90.

Exclamation point!
    Kill
    Loot
    Talk
    Question mark!

There's nothing about leveling a character that makes a player any better than a player who boosts.