Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    We could call it Kelimbror's Law
    It's not catchy enough. Superman, on the other hand, is too catchy. Plus, Superman's law is that if you fly really, really fast the opposite direction of Earth's rotation then you will go back in time. Too bad you haven't used it on this thread yet, hehe.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's not catchy enough. Superman, on the other hand, is too catchy. Plus, Superman's law is that if you fly really, really fast the opposite direction of Earth's rotation then you will go back in time. Too bad you haven't used it on this thread yet, hehe.
    ...Maybe THAT'S how Kairoz actually sent Garrosh back in time! They went to Outland and flew backwards REALLY fast!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    ...Maybe THAT'S how Kairoz actually sent Garrosh back in time! They went to Outland and flew backwards REALLY fast!
    Oh snap! That's completely possible. Their time powers are gone, but they still can fly super fast. For some reason an image of Toothless being in the black dragonflight just popped in me head. The weekend can't get hear fast enough. I'm losing my mind.
    BAD WOLF

The weekend can't get hear fast enough. I'm losing my mind.
    Have you tried flying forward really fast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Have you tried flying forward really fast?
    Every time I try flying really fast I end up at Disneyworld. I think one time I wound up on an island. Luckily that island had iguanas and mongooses (mongeese?mongoosi?) that stole jelly packets off of the breakfast patio and not smoke monsters or anyone in the Dharma Initiative.
    BAD WOLF

Recognition for what? Leveling is a brainless joke and has virtually no effect on the skill level of the player.

So people can discriminate against boosted 90s? No thanks. Last thing we need in this game is more elitist scumbags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    So people can discriminate against boosted 90s? No thanks. Last thing we need in this game is more elitist scumbags.
    I don't want some baddie McBad Bad in my dungeon / lfr runs. I will damn well discriminate if they are affecting my gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$
    What for? So that people that get boosted to 90 are kept out of groups?

It was already dumb enough when people who bought the helm in the Shop were getting kicked out of their groups...

And no, there is no indication that someone who boosted to 90 is a "baddie". I know tons and tons of players who leveled all the way and are "baddies". And I am sure there will be "boosteds" who will be better than you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I don't want some baddie McBad Bad in my dungeon / lfr runs. I will damn well discriminate if they are affecting my gameplay.
    McBad Bad can be anyone, boosted or not. Maybe even a boosted player may make you feel the McBad Bad of the run.

extreme special snowflake syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It's good that we don't experience bad players now, since they all learn to play properly leveling up. It's going to suck skipping all that extensive learning and training they get from the leveling process!

Also: LFR... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    No, just no, the Warcraft community is toxic as it is with requirements. Showing those same people you're boosted is just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    McBad Bad can be anyone, boosted or not. Maybe even a boosted player may make you feel the McBad Bad of the run.
    I really don't know why everyone assumes that boosting is going to be for ultra casual or bad players... The bad raiders are usually the ones that enjoy questing, spend way too much time doing it, and never learn to do anything outside of their questiong "rotation"... They spend their raid time (aka LFR) playing as if they were still questing, which most times is the REASON they're so bad.

Leveling doesn't teach players to be good at anything but questing. If anything, based on the additions of things like Monk quests (to teach abilities) and Proving Grounds, the boosted player starting quests are probably going to teach that boosted player more than 90 levels of questing ever will, and chances are they'll be better than those of you who seem to think it's SO important that people quest.

Once again, if your ability to quest to 90 is your great achievement and you need to be "recognized" for that... Then you're probably the bad player, and the reason I don't even do things like LFR even on my alts.

This stigma that only baddies want to skip the leveling process is so upside down it's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$
    Should Blizzard also add a feature to let us know who killed content that was nerfed, used a 40% zone buff, or completed the tier after it was relevant? I just want to make sure we keep with your theme and single out and chastise anyone who didn't ""worK" as hard as you.

This is a terrible idea. People who boosted but are still trying to research their class and learn it properly will be criticised and attacked for not being awesome right off the bat. A system like this encourages mob mentality and it's just repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    This is a terrible idea. People who boosted but are still trying to research their class and learn it properly will be criticised and attacked for not being awesome right off the bat. A system like this encourages mob mentality and it's just repulsive.
    I hate to break it to you, but you have to research your class again when you hit 90 anyway. You even have to research it every time you get a new tier set or the patch is released because rotations are often drastically altered by those events. Levelling to 90 does not teach you your class, despite what others claim. You don't even have most of your good abilities until you hit 80. There was a push in Cataclysm to change this, and that's why shadow priests start with shadow form at level 10 instead of level 40, but they seem to have abandoned those efforts since. That, however, is even more reason to eliminate manual levelling as a criteria for audit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Madgod's law?

It has a good ring to it.

even though I wasn't even here for that little bit of the discussion

Didn't we mark people with stars of david and pink triangles in the 30's and 40's so we could tell who were the good people and who needed gas showers? How did that work out again?

Deleted
    OP sounds like you spent 10 years in WoW and would feel cheated. Tip, dont take games too seriously, they are just games.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Didn't we mark people with stars of david and pink triangles in the 30's and 40's so we could tell who were the good people and who needed gas showers? How did that work out again?
    Good analogy. Potentially getting kicked from a group in a video game is equal to being put into a gas chamber.

It's exactly the same thing.