Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ...
    Leveling an alt is not really an achievement, it's an exercise in patience.

I see people using heirlooms and RAF to level alts in less time than it takes it grind a single faction rep.

That's like linking your "Level 10" achievement....like it's an actual accomplishment.

"Recognition"

You realize this is a fucking video game right? Nobody even knows who you are, inside or out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    leveling the traditional way should slowly introduce you to spells and your class abilities over time. you should have real character development and learn to use different spells in different locations.

Oh this boss enraged, oh but i'm a druid and i just got "soothe". i guess i can remove that! cool.

instead you get players that have boosted to 90 instantly, have no idea how to play their character effectively and a weaker pool of players.
    Except levelling as it currently is does not force you to play well.

Unless they institute a proper tutorial system, new players who are not used to the WoW system are going to always struggle.

As I said earlier in the thread, I do not believe a comprehensive system will ever be implemented, it will take 'too much dev time' especially so as WoW has already peaked and is now slowly but steadily diminishing its player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    ....Worked hard on what? It takes all of like 4 days to level to 90 now. I have 12 90s, and half a dozen or so 84 twinks. I see absolutely zero reason to mark boosted chars, it accomplishes nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how many people who are at lvl90 don't seem to know their class all that well despite having actually gone through the levelling process, I don't see any sort of "branding" as necessary, or even needed. A person who has what is needed to grasp the class can do that in several hours at lvl 90 (with the finer niches following in several days to week); a person who doesn't will never get there, period.
    FoS for levelling "straightforward" isn't exactly necessary either; you already get an achievement for levelling a character to lvl X (where X mod 10 == 0, with the inclusion of lvl85). For all we know those might "not be there" when you use the granted/bought lvl90 (and likely won't be there, considering the concurrent nature of achievements).

Deleted
    lol@"worked hard" when talking about levelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Because "before" there was no boosts. So no need for recognition.
    Its not like its challenging to get to 90. What kind of achievement do you mean? Cause you got stuff like Loremaster already.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    What's to abandon? LvL 90 + YouTube + Icy-Veins = Learn your endgame PvE in 30 mins or less.
    5 minutes or less if you're OK with half-assing it through Noxxic. You'll still do about 90% of the DPS you would have if you were to actually do a proper deep-dive into your class.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    5 minutes or less if you're OK with half-assing it through Noxxic. You'll still do about 90% of the DPS you would have if you were to actually do a proper deep-dive into your class.
    Precisely. Boosting does not make you a baddie. Being lazy and not learning your class makes you a baddie. I don't give a shit who boosts, as long as they pull their own weight when they pass through that portal.