Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    There was a leak from a french client that supposedly datamined something out, but I am not sure how reliable it is. The reddit thread was nuked into invisibility. The thread itself was a list of dialogue sequences between Rox and Braham that revealed what's happening. I can't say if its fake, valid, or even a fake-out from ANet themselves.

  2. #202
    Wouldn't it be neat if the finale's meta reward was a focus that looked like Scarlets Head? Maybe "Scarlets Pickled Head In A Jar".

    It could say "die die die!" when you use it sometimes!
    No more back items plz

    JUST NO MORE
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No more back items plz

    JUST NO MORE
    I'd like some more back items, but I DID say "Focus". You've got to be able to swing her head around in combat, otherwise what's the point?

    I'd really like them to do other pieces too, and actually would prefer "memorabilia" like the Journals.

  4. #204
    I want nothing more to do with Scarlet. The only thing that might be cool is if they added her hairstyle to the game (her face is too ugly :P).

    Speaking of faces, I desperately want Taimi's, she is so cute.
    "I think the more pertinent question is, why aren't you more depressed? Why hasn't this horrible place made you so sad you can hardly breathe? Why? Why? There's got to be something wrong with you."

  5. #205
    I want a golemancer profession like taimi
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They specifically pulled it before because it looked exactly like T3 human armor. So they pulled it to just copy a crafted set? How stupid can they get?
    It wasn't so much because it looked like another armor that it was pulled, it was specifically the fact that it looked like a cultural armor. I'm not surprised they put in a flame version of another armor to replace it. I do agree the male version of it is very underwhelming though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I sometimes wonder if anyone on any forums likes anything, not just here but any forum you go to it is just overwhelmingly negative no matter what the topic is.
    I like corgis!

  7. #207
    So I've done Dead End instance. It was really fun. No killing waves of monsters.. just investigating.

    I can't believe in suspections about Caithe tho... And Queen making her Watchknights similar to Steam Creatures on puropose? I hope it isn't true.
    Also - 'odd' letters (written in caps) from Scarlet's journal make the word: Omadd. I think it's too simple. Maybe it's an anagram?
    Oh.. and journal's dates go like this: season of colossus → zephyr → phoenix → scion → colossus → zephyr → scion Do you see that one season of phoenix is missing? Is it AN troll or is it a clue?
    What's more - we are still waiting for Abaddon (if 'm' was 'n'.. Omadd might be part of his name) fractal. And we don't know how is Evon connected to that all yet (he should be... IMO).
    I really think that Omadd might be in fact Abaddon's minion. He used same tactic in GW1. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Fortune_Teller
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Terick
    But how is Abaddon connected to dragons? And The Dream? (I agree with Vopp that we should study Dream more)


    I NEED TO KNOW NOW!
    Last edited by Roudene; 2014-02-08 at 04:50 PM.

  8. #208
    The Omadd code from scarlet's journal is just the password inside her secret lair from last patch that displays the map with all the X's. You get the journal from the last update.

    The Watchknights origins and Caithe secret have been obvious since months ago.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  9. #209
    Abaddon's fractal was only if Evon won, though they said they might do it anyway.

    For the Watchknights being connected to the Steam Machines, it's interesting in it's own way. The Steam Machines portals pop up in Lornar's Pass, but no one knew why. Scarlet has a lot to do with Lornar's Pass also. They also feature in the Infinity Ball Asura plot as machines I used to conquer the future. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

    And I'm sure a lot of people would have been happier fighting an Asura leading the watchknight/steam machine army with a magic 8ball.

    (Side note, but I still wish you got a unique-ish skin from some of the early quests. Your Norn may fight for her ancestral warhorn, but you don't get a warhorn. I'd love a magic-8-ball focus, but no deal.)

  10. #210
    I hope that meta achievements for last two updates won't be grindy. EotM investigation achievements (only 3) were easy and rather INTERESTING to get. I wish AN will stick to that kind of pattern.

    So... I've been thinking about story more and I can't find the logic I'm bad at solving mysteries.

    My thoughts:
    Abaddon is responsible for Scarlet's madness.
    Ley lines and Reactor contains draconic energy. I have no idea why would Abaddon want to do something with dragons. Unless theory about dragons being gods themselves are true. Then Abaddon would like to destroy them while they're in dragon form.
    We got Edge of the Mists - place beyond time and space. So I think it lays / lies(which form is correct?) in the Rift. Maybe Steam creatures are indeed creatures from the future? http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lord_Odran
    I think that http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Razah%27s_Nightmare might be a clue that Razah will appear.
    Continuing GW1 lore - why did Primordus (and other dragons) start to awake? Something had to cause it. Maybe Kormir's ascension? And what actually happened to Kormir? She, who loved people... why didn't she do anything after becoming a god? Maybe Abaddon's powers that she absorbed overwhelmed her? Well... before EotN only Kormir's ascension (and maybe defeat of Mallyx...) was the last important event.
    Are there margonites anywhere in the world?
    Who is the Pale Tree and what is the Dream? Might the Pale Tree be in fact Kormir? ''Pale Tree is capable of sending beings, including non-sylvari, into the Dream as well, through a portal similiar to those which often lead to the Mists.'' So is the Dream a part of the Mists? In the end probably all the 'religions' will be connected to each other.
    We know that gods haven't communicated with humans for ~250 years (Exodus was of course earlier but there were still shrines summoning avatars and holidays like Wintersday when Dwayna was fighting with Grenth).
    We also know that Mad King dissapeared with gods. But made his return at the start of GW2. Is he connected to gods somehow? We know that his seals are strange (like Salma becoming a queen) so who knows what might be the others. We also know that his realms is in the Mists. Is Scarlet working for him? (Maybe not intentionally but if her plan successes [and it most likely will] she might break another seal)
    What about Menzies? We defeated Dhuum, Abaddon (well... you know what I mean) but not him. Does he even exist?


    So many questions. So many theories. But do they tie to each other? I can't find missing puzzles Or maybe I'm just crazy and going way too far with this xD

    I hope we'll get the asnwer and AN won't throw GW2 after two years to develop GW3 xD


    Btw: [s] [/ s] doesn't work inside [spoiler] [/ spoiler]
    Last edited by Roudene; 2014-02-10 at 12:37 PM.

  11. #211

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I hope that meta achievements for last two updates won't be grindy. EotM investigation achievements (only 3) were easy and rather INTERESTING to get. I wish AN will stick to that kind of pattern.

    So... I've been thinking about story more and I can't find the logic I'm bad at solving mysteries.

    My thoughts:
    Abaddon is responsible for Scarlet's madness.
    Ley lines and Reactor contains draconic energy. I have no idea why would Abaddon want to do something with dragons. Unless theory about dragons being gods themselves are true. Then Abaddon would like to destroy them while they're in dragon form.
    We got Edge of the Mists - place beyond time and space. So I think it lays / lies(which form is correct?) in the Rift. Maybe Steam creatures are indeed creatures from the future? http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lord_Odran
    I think that http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Razah%27s_Nightmare might be a clue that Razah will appear.
    Continuing GW1 lore - why did Primordus (and other dragons) start to awake? Something had to cause it. Maybe Kormir's ascension? And what actually happened to Kormir? She, who loved people... why didn't she do anything after becoming a god? Maybe Abaddon's powers that she absorbed overwhelmed her? Well... before EotN only Kormir's ascension (and maybe defeat of Mallyx...) was the last important event.
    Are there margonites anywhere in the world?
    Who is the Pale Tree and what is the Dream? Might the Pale Tree be in fact Kormir? ''Pale Tree is capable of sending beings, including non-sylvari, into the Dream as well, through a portal similiar to those which often lead to the Mists.'' So is the Dream a part of the Mists? In the end probably all the 'religions' will be connected to each other.
    We know that gods haven't communicated with humans for ~250 years (Exodus was of course earlier but there were still shrines summoning avatars and holidays like Wintersday when Dwayna was fighting with Grenth).
    We also know that Mad King dissapeared with gods. But made his return at the start of GW2. Is he connected to gods somehow? We know that his seals are strange (like Salma becoming a queen) so who knows what might be the others. We also know that his realms is in the Mists. Is Scarlet working for him? (Maybe not intentionally but if her plan successes [and it most likely will] she might break another seal)
    What about Menzies? We defeated Dhuum, Abaddon (well... you know what I mean) but not him. Does he even exist?


    So many questions. So many theories. But do they tie to each other? I can't find missing puzzles Or maybe I'm just crazy and going way too far with this xD

    I hope we'll get the asnwer and AN won't throw GW2 after two years to develop GW3 xD


    Btw: [s] [/ s] doesn't work inside [spoiler] [/ spoiler]
    I'll answer them for you

    -It is not abbadon, it is mordremoth. With the recent update at dead ends bar you research all the clues scarlet has left. You find out in scarlets recordings that someone is talking to her and she is talking back. She only started talking to this thing after she went into omadds machine which was built to unlock the minds "natural defense mechanism" so she can comprehend anything. This leads to unlocking something in her sub conscious that was locked away. This is mordremoth, the creator of the pale tree he is linked to all sylvari but is currently blocked out of manipulating them. Omadds machine stopped this for scarlet and now he is haunting her.

    - Scarlet is researching ley lines to find a big magical pocket in which they connect to, specifically ones that lead to dragon energy. It is safe to assume she is searching for mordremoth in order to kill him, to stop his influence over scarlet who always goes against her nature because [B]NOBODY[/B] tells scarlet what to do. And the poison she developed will help kill him and the antidote she made will help stop his corruption.

    - The edge of the mists is scarlets main base of operations. That is where she hides her army. Steam creatures being from the future has been known since the start of the game via the asura personal story line.

    - There is no specific reason why a dragon or anyone wakes suddenly, they just wake. As for kormir doing nothing, the gods in general have very little influence over the world before they disappeared. So it is not like much changed with them.

    -Margonites were abbadons minions so gone now most likely

    - Lore on the origins of the pale tree is already known. You can find it on the wiki. Short version is guy finds a seed in the maguma waste, steals it and plants it. Pale tree grows and follows the teachings of said man (who started his own teachings to other people wanting to escape war). Pale tree extends her knowledge and forms the "dream" where all sylvari who are still sleeping learn about the world.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    - There is no specific reason why a dragon or anyone wakes suddenly, they just wake.
    Actually according to the official wiki the dragons are cyclic and wake whenever the amount of magic in the world reaches some unknown level. Then as they sleep the magic seeps out from them and builds in the world again. They are sort of a balancing force.

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic

    Also their waking isn't an instant happening either, there's a whole process to which Glint also makes mention of when she talks with Destiny's Edge.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Yup. But... OoM required you to grind things to enter Scarlet's liar and get her journal. And there were a lot of achievs again.
    EotM, however, for sure is a good (even if 'small') update. You didn't have to kill 49596859mobs or click some probes 595876times or grind achievements to get reward - a nice story.


    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

    1) This is mordremoth, the creator of the pale tree he is linked to all sylvari but is currently blocked out of manipulating them. Omadds machine stopped this for scarlet and now he is haunting her.

    2) Scarlet is researching ley lines to find a big magical pocket in which they connect to, specifically ones that lead to dragon energy. It is safe to assume she is searching for mordremoth in order to kill him, to stop his influence over scarlet who always goes against her nature because [B]NOBODY[/B] tells scarlet what to do. And the poison she developed will help kill him and the antidote she made will help stop his corruption.

    3) Steam creatures being from the future has been known since the start of the game via the asura personal story line.

    4) Margonites were abbadons minions so gone now most likely

    5) Lore on the origins of the pale tree is already known. You can find it on the wiki. Short version is guy finds a seed in the maguma waste, steals it and plants it. Pale tree grows and follows the teachings of said man (who started his own teachings to other people wanting to escape war). Pale tree extends her knowledge and forms the "dream" where all sylvari who are still sleeping learn about the world.


    1) + 5)
    At first you say that the Pale Tree is earth dragon's creation. Later you say that it's just a magic tree from a seed (which has been known since GW1)
    Of course it's NOT just a tree. There must be something more behind this. But I don't like the theory about it being Mord's minion. I know that seeds might be his poo or eggs or something but... how a big dragon would enter a cavern? Too bad we don't know where exactly the seeds were found by Ronan (and by who where they guarded). It'll be probably revealed at later date.

    2)
    Wait. Scarlet is Scarlet and Ceara is Ceara. I think that Ceara might be fighting with Scarlet. That's why she has written "Nobody will tell me what to do" . Or other way around - Scarlet is fighting with Ceara's will. I can't see why would Scarlet want to destroy Mord (and Omadd) who in your theory gave her life... (well... maybe Ceara's will doesn't let Mord to fully control Scarlet so she's doing what she want. It might be 1vs1vs1 in Ceara's body but Scarlet's mind) I know that Omadd might be from Inquest that is the main source of information (actually.. speculation) about Mord. But I don't think that they are stupid enough to think that they might make a deal with dragon... Unless they're manipulated by him already.
    I still believe it's Abaddon tho xD (T. Reactor is connected to Scarlet so Abaddon's Fall would be too if it won. And AN said that AF will appear in future too)
    Maybe it was a plan? Maybe ArenaNet couldn't decide how to end Scarlet's plot? xD So they made an election. Kiel wins - Inquest and Mord are behind it. Evon wins - Abaddon is back as a bad guy responsible for Ceara's madness.
    Or maybe we'll see AF in next or last Scarlet's update and we'll discover that it's all connected.
    What a madness! Now I think that my theory is as possible as yours. And our theories might make a whole! xD Are there any other speculation on the net? Or only about Abaddon and Mord?

    3)
    Oh. I thought it's just a speculation (didn't do asura's story :P)
    Do we know how and why they are in current times tho? I think that my theory about Rift is possible. But don't know how would Scarlet know about the Rift - maybe it was Ceara's dream? Or maybe it's someone else behind bringing them to present world.

    4)
    Margonites were 'corrupted' by Abaddon but had free will. They were (or still are) his followers so he gave them powers. But they weren't his minions. They can / could live without him. Assuming that they're immortal unless killed, there might still be some of them.




    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hate you. I spent around 45 minutes reading it because I clicked every link and links in links >.<
    Reminds me of me reading wowpedia when I played WoW. But Warcraft's story is getting worse ;/

    Anyway. A wild thought appeard in my mind.
    What if Scarlet is looking for bloodstone(s)? That would tie with Jennah and Abaddon and Mursaats and omg! I should stop now xD

    Btw - do we know if Zephyrites know what's happening with Glint's baby?

    I learnt so many things while reading it. I played GW1 but I don't remember http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hrangmer for example.

    Man.. I'd really like Crystal Desert update
    Last edited by Roudene; 2014-02-10 at 09:56 PM.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Yup. But... OoM required you to grind things to enter Scarlet's liar and get her journal.
    And then the very next update, they give you the journal for free...
    1) + 5)
    At first you say that the Pale Tree is earth dragon's creation. Later you say that it's just a magic tree from a seed (which has been known since GW1)
    Of course it's NOT just a tree. There must be something more behind this. But I don't like the theory about it being Mord's minion. I know that seeds might be his poo or eggs or something but... how a big dragon would enter a cavern? Too bad we don't know where exactly the seeds were found by Ronan (and by who where they guarded). It'll be probably revealed at later date.
    Both of his statements can be true. The seeds of the pale tree were in a cave, a human took one, it grew with ventari's teachings and became The Pale Tree. The Nightmare Court rejects the Ventari Teachings for a more chaotic approach to life.

    Meanwhile the other seeds remained. At least one of them grew into another tree, a pod of which landed near the Pale Tree region and spit out a non-Pale Tree Sylvari with no Dream connection. It is possible that the trees are minions/eggs/whatever of a dragon. It certainly seems coincidental that they are all spitting out Sylvari in a similar time frame to dragons risings.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    3) Oh. I thought it's just a speculation (didn't do asura's story :P)
    Do we know how and why they are in current times tho? I think that my theory about Rift is possible. But don't know how would Scarlet know about the Rift - maybe it was Ceara's dream? Or maybe it's someone else behind bringing them to present world.
    It's one of the more fun stories. The future is shown to have been conquered by a person leading an army of steam machines. Since that future is stopped, perhaps Scarlett takes it over. Where they come from in current times is not established anywhere.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Hate you. I spent around 45 minutes reading it because I clicked every link and links in links >.<
    Reminds me of me reading wowpedia when I played WoW. But Warcraft's story is getting worse ;/
    Glad I could help

    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Anyway. A wild thought appeard in my mind.
    What if Scarlet is looking for bloodstone(s)? That would tie with Jennah and Abaddon and Mursaats and omg! I should stop now xD

    Btw - do we know if Zephyrites know what's happening with Glint's baby?

    I learnt so many things while reading it. I played GW1 but I don't remember http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hrangmer for example.

    Man.. I'd really like Crystal Desert update
    It is quite possible. There are also some theories about the splitting of the bloodstone started the process of waking zhaitan because all the magic in Orr was tied to him, but no one knows for sure.

    It's possible the Zephyrites I know what happened with Glint's baby and that could be something they plan on expanding on in the future. Tons of questions revolving around that whole situation. Personally I think it would be pretty cool if her baby was free-willed and has grown up somewhere to return later and help.

  17. #217
    So many possibilities!

    One more thing I had no idea about before reading your link Arlee - each cycle of dragons' awaking 'creates' a new star. Interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •