Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    They already have two that I know of in Eternal Battlegrounds: the overgrown grub and the arboreal spirit. The rewards for killing both are terrible, of course, and because they take so long to kill people get frustrated and want to move on to something else.

I think they would have to give a huge WXP bonus for them to be worth it to anyone. The time it takes to do them really isn't worth a rare + a bunch of junk. I've fought the tree a couple of times and even with a 20+ man zerg it took long enough for an opposing server to cap all of our side but the keep.
    Ah yes...those. If I could give them one idea it would be to kinda make it like objectives in League of Legends... for instance killing those bosses would grant timed buffs that would boost either combat or speed in taking other objectives or shorter cooldowns on spells. Something that would be strategically best to do in order to make these boss objectives appealing and worth it.

For example, a group is getting ready to lay siege to stonemist castle...they would find it a lot easier to go kill this or that boss in order to get cooldown reduction or siege speed buffs for everyone (with a duration of say 15-20 minutes. The people defending would find it wise to also send out a team to get the buffs, even just to ensure the attackers dont get it.
    Last edited by Shaede; 2014-01-30 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    Ah yes...those. If I could give them one idea it would be to kinda make it like objectives in League of Legends... for instance killing those bosses would grant timed buffs that would boost either combat or speed in taking other objectives or shorter cooldowns on spells. Something that would be strategically best to do in order to make these boss objectives appealing and worth it.

For example, a group is getting ready to lay siege to stonemist castle...they would find it a lot easier to go kill this or that boss in order to get cooldown reduction or siege speed buffs for everyone (with a duration of say 15-20 minutes. The people defending would find it wise to also send out a team to get the buffs, even just to ensure the attackers dont get it.
    Actually that gameplay mechanic is present in the spvp rooms, it is a good idea to make some champs relevant, but the problem is that the wurm is on one side of the map, like on the south east next to the keep thus making little to no possible counterplay on the teams plus not having information on the timing of them compared to LoL system with wards, on spvp is easy because you have something that tells you but in wvw i feel like being stealthy on the gameplay is extremely relevant.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post

You see, that would require thinking and effort on Anet's part to implement something like that. So therefore they won't do it. Or if they do, it'll be much further down the road when people have all but given up hope on it. Seriously, out of all the AMAZING ideas I've seen in-game and on the forums, Anet has made it a point to ignore all of them up to this point. They're not just shooting themselves in the foot, they're blowing it off with a rocket launcher.

Deleted
    Oddly, the grub & the spirit used to give decent loot (WvWs decent, not normal any other zone/game decent) such as plans, a few coins etc.
    I recall passing by & a few were killing grub one day, after it died, nobody got sod all..

For some unknown reason, the loot had been completely nerfed/removed.
    I & others bug reported it in game & on the forums, nothing ever changed....

10+ Year Old Account
    Devon Carver interview with mmorpg.com on Edge of the Mists map:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...re/8176/page/1
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You see, that would require thinking and effort on Anet's part to implement something like that. So therefore they won't do it.
    Is that why they introduce such mechanics in this new EOTM-map? Actually much better than that, Woodenpotatoes has made some clips to introduce us to these. Trolls these days... not informed in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Is that why they introduce such mechanics in this new EOTM-map? Actually much better than that, Woodenpotatoes has made some clips to introduce us to these. Trolls these days... not informed in the slightest.
    Can't wait to see those things ignored because Anet introduces them in some fail manner that they are so well known for. Of nerfing them into uselessness after release. Or players simply ignoring them because in the grand scheme of things, they really won't amount to a hill of beans.

If there's one thing Anet has proven they can do, it's that they can take a great idea, and make it a shitty implementation into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are getting a new WvW UI along with the new zone this patch, it will show your position in queue for any of the WvW maps (EoTM won't have a queue of course since it will create overflows as they are filled).

Valar morghulis

You're position...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

You're position # is actually proper (though "You're in position #" would be less awkward). If it said "You're position: #" you'd have a point

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

having # (or even the word number) after position would make it less awkward but it is otherwise proper grammar in that context

Still pretty fail typing on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Still pretty fail typing on their part.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I can't find anything that backs up your claim that you can just leave out the in since it's a preposition of place.

A similar construct would be: I am the mall. You need the "at" or shit gets weird.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Oye are we debating grammar now?

Saying "This item (things whatever) will show your position in queue" is correct.

Also saying "This thing will show that you're position is number x" is also correct.

In the first example the position is the object of the sentence and we are showing possession of the person being talked to so using "your" is fine.

In the second example position is no longer the object, instead you are telling someone how to tell what number they are in a queue. So "you're" which is short for "you are" is correct.

If you need further convincing read this sentence out loud "This item will show you are position in queue". Sounds awful doesn't it? That's because it's awful grammar.

So back to the actual topic of the thread please.

We're not talking about the thing karizee copy pasted from some sheet where all employees get their words from, we're talking about the screenshot (left side in the middle under obsidian sanctum).

Oh well poop. Images are blocked at work, I don't even see a space for it Nvrm then

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You're position...
    Does that means someone is in the que on me since I am position 2? Or in me.. SO CONFUSED
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Knowing a-net it's in you.

Sad to hear that the account bound WXP won't be ready for this patch. Nice to see a queue notification in the UI though. .