1. #1
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    /b/
    Posts
    312

    Should i do the jump to the 13163 haste cap?

    Hey guys!

    I've REALLY had troubles deciding whether or not its the time to make the jump to the next haste cap, and also in doubt how you guys reach it?

    Do you just stop going for the int socket bonuses even tho 2 haste = 1 int?

    Also, a little info about my progression: Just done Immersus HC last night, and going strong on Protectors, last night we tried to 2 heal it without healers having legendary cloak, and we were both OOM at about 22% (we're average 550 ilevel), tho i think i might solve this by not using thoks trinket on that fight and go for 2x regen trinkets.

    But let me know, what do you think? Should i wait for the legendary before do the change? (Getting it next week)

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wlcapwn/simple

  2. #2
    Someone should really just make a sticky for the druid forums that states 'Yes, go for the 13163 haste cap' as the title. It seems like a big leap, but there is no excuse for people not to have at least tried it in that level of gear at this point.

    As for protectors, ToL is still an incredible mana battery (though perhaps try your regen trinkets), and you will save a ton of mana by making sure that you dispel the right target and dispel early; our rule is that I dispel group 2, and if they are in the same group I dispel the bottom target, this works very well. Outside of this, and good use of cooldowns when stacked (barriers smokebombs etc) there isn't that much damage to heal through as long as the raid plays well.

  3. #3
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    /b/
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    Someone should really just make a sticky for the druid forums that states 'Yes, go for the 13163 haste cap' as the title. It seems like a big leap, but there is no excuse for people not to have at least tried it in that level of gear at this point.

    As for protectors, ToL is still an incredible mana battery (though perhaps try your regen trinkets), and you will save a ton of mana by making sure that you dispel the right target and dispel early; our rule is that I dispel group 2, and if they are in the same group I dispel the bottom target, this works very well. Outside of this, and good use of cooldowns when stacked (barriers smokebombs etc) there isn't that much damage to heal through as long as the raid plays well.
    I have tried it but currently only getting to about 10-11k after reforge + doing some enchant changes. Therefore my question about how you guys deal with the gems, would you like to elabroate on the workaround for this then m8?

  4. #4
    High Overlord waldor22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Event horizon
    Posts
    156
    Why are you gemming pure int, mastery beats int on gems.
    you should be able to get the haste cap try and get socket bonuses though, and for the love of god don't gem pure int!

  5. #5
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    I have tried it but currently only getting to about 10-11k after reforge + doing some enchant changes.
    Simple guide to haste caps:

    Can you reach 13163 haste while maintaining an acceptable level of spirit and without losing socket bonuses or using inferior enchants/gear because they happen to have haste?
    If yes, go for it.
    If no, stick to 3043 haste.


    Realistically, I wouldn't bother with it before having 550+ gear and the PPP trinket.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    /b/
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    Why are you gemming pure int, mastery beats int on gems.
    you should be able to get the haste cap try and get socket bonuses though, and for the love of god don't gem pure int!
    you mean going with a int/mastery gem instead to still get the bonus or you gemming pure mastery and skipping the bonus?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    I have tried it but currently only getting to about 10-11k after reforge + doing some enchant changes. Therefore my question about how you guys deal with the gems, would you like to elabroate on the workaround for this then m8?
    When I first went for it I just went all out with haste gems. Even with 575 ilvl I still have some haste gems knocking around - this won't change until full bis (including paragon hc chest). Is this what you mean?

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    /b/
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    When I first went for it I just went all out with haste gems. Even with 575 ilvl I still have some haste gems knocking around - this won't change until full bis (including paragon hc chest). Is this what you mean?
    Yes! so you didnt go for the int/haste gems but fuckd over Gem socket bonnus y?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    Yes! so you didnt go for the int/haste gems but fuckd over Gem socket bonnus y?
    Where I had to, yes. I wanted to hit the new haste breakpoint so did what I had to in order to reach it which, at the time, meant using almost all pure haste gems at the expense of socket bonuses. You'll quickly find that as your gear improves each week, or the right item drops (hello heroic PPP), you can quickly change a few gems here and there to activate the bonuses.

    It felt strange when I first did it during early progression, but I kept ranking top 10 so didn't even think about changing back.

  10. #10
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    Yes! so you didnt go for the int/haste gems but fuckd over Gem socket bonnus y?
    Haste/int in red sockets, haste/spirit in blue sockets and pure haste in yellow sockets. Depends a bit on the socket bonus, but usually matching color is preferable. Haste is better than mastery point-for-point if it lets you reach the higher breakpoint, but not infinitely so. If you have to give up a bunch of stats from missing socket bonuses and such, you'll end up healing for less than if you had stayed at low haste.

    When in doubt, wait. Trying to push for 13k before you really have the gear for it will hurt more than it helps.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •