Poll: Will you preorder WOD without info about exact WOD Beta and release dates?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will you buy pig in a poke again?

Two years ago I subscribed on Annual Pass. Subscribed without knowing exact release dates of Diablo and MOP Beta. Subscribed, because Diablo III should have been released right after new year and Beta should have followed it. And then I regretted this decision very strongly. Just because at the end both Diablo and Beta were delayed by quarter and a half. And now we are seeing testing of paid boost to 90lvl on PTR for 5.4.7. And that means, that WOD preorder is not so far from us. But here is the question. What if Blizzard won't reveal exact WOD Beta and release dates before starting to sell preorders? You know, that way too many very promising games will be released at this summer and, if WOD won't be released before autumn, then there is a big chance, that you may change your mind about this preorder. Will you eat a "free" boost to 90lvl bait and preorder WOD, while not knowing it's exact release date or now you are smart and won't buy pig in poke this time?
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-01-28 at 04:29 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should probably edit the title of this as no one is going to know what you are talking about. PS- no, will not preorder anything until close to release, if ever.
    BAD WOLF

No preorders. No annual passes. I don't trust them to deliver good content / make that on time, I am only believing something when I see it with my own eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Should probably edit the title of this as no one is going to know what you are talking about.
    Seriously this is the worst titled thread I have seen in ages. As for will I pre-order WoD? No, I think I have run out of time and patience for MMO's in general and I am not planning on renewing my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Should probably edit the title of this as no one is going to know what you are talking about. PS- no, will not preorder anything until close to release, if ever.
    It's just a typo. I meaned "PIG". And of course there is no way to fix it.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Yes i'll be pre-ordering asap. I'm more excited for this expansion than most of them. I will, however, not use my free 90 till WoD actually hits. I want to see what kind of changes and new talents/abilities end up going live first.

For one, its Pig in a poke, don't use sayings if you don't know them. And when i ordered annual pass they didn't promise any dates on anything, they rarely do and apparently for good reason. Cuz a million morons getting exactly what they paid for STILL couldn't stop bitching as if they'd been stolen from. I paid em for MoP beta access and D3, i got MoP beta access and D3, happy as a pig in mud here.

Preorder and annual pass, as long as i like the offer. Because unlike most people I read contracts before I sign them

Deleted
    Of course I will. Just like always: The physical CE as soon as it's available for PreOrder as well as the digital edition in order to be able to play from minute one (can be upgraded later to the CE anyway).
    If there is an annual pass, I'll take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    It's just a typo. I meaned "PIG". And of course there is no way to fix it.
    Still it's a lousy title without the spelling error and yes you had an opportunity to fix it prior to submitting it. Also, just adding I also did the Annual pass and later regretted getting it. Although I did play D3 for about 2-3 weeks it wasn't worth keeping me subbed for a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taylor20k View Post
    Yes i'll be pre-ordering asap. I'm more excited for this expansion than most of them.
    Really what about it do you find interesting? I personally feel it's the most half assed expansion announcement we have ever seen. I mean other than some new lore and it's relevant content, new models, and garrisons thats all we are getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not continue harping on the title? It looks like it's been fixed. Thanks.

Anyway.

Yes, I will preorder, because I will be buying the physical CE. When the game is released doesn't really make a difference to me in terms of expansion purchasing; I'd likely buy it no matter what. I don't really see an advantage to preordering, though, if you're not getting a physical box.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I dont understand the big deal of preordering without knowing beta/official release date. For the majority of us here, we're getting the game no matter what. So doing it before knowing when itll be out isnt even an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely preordering...mainly because I always preorder stuff so I can get all the goodies

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I voted incorrectly sorry. I have no intention of buying the game at all at this time, it is not due to not having a beta or release date.

When I did the Annual Pass I figured what the hell, I already have an active sub and sub 6- months at a time and have since 2005 anyway so why not get D3 for free. Now I have no desire to play Wow, I think the fact that a Game has lasted almost 10 years for me is pretty good and its about time to retire. Having an active sub since 2005 so have over $1500.00 invested in this game in just sub fees and server xfers and what not. Bout time I move on. I may check it out all depends on how good Wildstar turns out. I just re-subbed to SWTOR the other night and am having a blast playing a trooper so maybe that will be my new thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I won't pre-order it from Blizzard.

I'll be going for Collector's Edition and no pre-order bonus(es) for me.

Deleted
    I'd probably pre-order it if I wasn't on a travelling gap year.

But at this rate, I'm struggling to think I will ever order it. I'm losing interest and I'm not sure why. I haven't played in weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    buy it now, or buy it later, i am going to buy WoD, no doubt about it.

if i get perks for buying early (like beta enrollment or free game, i will take it)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    if i get perks for buying early (like beta enrollment or free game, i will take it)
    If we'd get the digital deluxe CE pet before the actual release by preordering it, I might even consider buying a physical CE AND the digital deluxe version. Want the pet. Want it NOW!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, As soon as the CE is avail I'll pre-order it. More because I already have all the CEs except vanilla's. I FINALLY (after 9+ years) started playing a Horde character, and am enjoying the game from 'the other side' as it were, so the boredom factor has subsided a bit.

For me, $15 a month still is cheap when it comes to the amount of entertainment I get. With the price of ONE effing trip to the movies these days, if I get three hours of game time in (I can do that in an evening) I'm STILL coming out ahead.

Nope, unless I see how it turns out