BrM Challenge Mode questions and expectations

So I've been working on a challenge mode set(maximizing sockets ideal stats etc) for a while and I finally finished it and some of my guildies are putting together runs for gold modes and just golds, beyond that time isn't important. Unfortunately for me they need me to go as BrM which I'm fairly comfortable tanking as, however in the only other gold run I've ever done(Jade Serpent) the tank got wrecked constantly. After witnessing that and having a lack of experience running challenge modes as a whole I have a few questions.

1. My WW set was all tricked out with extra agi gems and agi haste gems. How should I change it? Should I gem up to 15% exp? Should I go all Crit after my 7.5/7.5 caps? And as a tank should I grab a stam trinket or keep the double dps ones.

2. I don't really know what to expect as a tank. Am I going to be kiting a great deal? or can I legitimately tank things?

3. I would appreciate it if anyone could hook me up with a link to a good BrM guide for Cmodes written would be alright but If anyone has a link to a youtube channel with a more detailed breakdown of each Instance from a BrM PoV it would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Hello! First off I want to start off saying that we got r1 times by playing Brm monk, disc priest, hunter, ele and frost dk. The times werent amazing since it was only rank 1 realm.

Anyway to answer you questions.

1. I got my exp up to like 12%ish without overdoing it since more than 10 is fine. I went haste until I was over 3.5k haste and then all out crit. The reason I did this because energy regen felt smooth at 3.5k haste and I went crit for the extra damage since I played with a disc priest. I also played with 2 double dps trinkets. The haste stacking one from Primordius (Which is bad but worked out well) and bad juju. So both trinkets were not optimal at all but I wouldnt suggest tank trinkets dependning on what healer you have.

2. This is the same as my last answer. I went crit because of our comp and healer. With an ele shaman we got Ancestral guidance and healing tide and with a disc priest we got ps and barrier AND then all my own cds. So we had enough cds for me to tank and spank all packs (and some insane pulls). So here depending on your setup and healer its probably gonna be some kiting involved.

3. I don't know of any Brm Cm guide but if you wish I can help you out with any question!

Probably should have posted it earlier but our comp will be BrM, MW, and 3 of the following, 2xEle sham, Boomkin, and Warlock(I think he's destro)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Probably should have posted it earlier but our comp will be BrM, MW, and 3 of the following, 2xEle sham, Boomkin, and Warlock(I think he's destro)
    Then you should really go 3.5k haste then max crit if you choose to go with x2 ele which you should since boomkin is almost the worst class in Cm. We had one of our players play moonkin and both me, hunter and our dk were over 100k overall dps and he had like 60kish overall and barely 80k on bosses. So with x2 ele and Lock I would really suggest going 3.5k then max crit.

The best defense is offense. Full crit, just dps your face off and watch each video before you do the run to see where the tanks use CDs/Kite. Keep nimble brew ready to use when fighting mobs that stun. You can die real quick in a stun on a monk. (The trash after the the 1st boss in Scarlet Monastery comes to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    So I've been working on a challenge mode set(maximizing sockets ideal stats etc) for a while and I finally finished it and some of my guildies are putting together runs for gold modes and just golds, beyond that time isn't important. Unfortunately for me they need me to go as BrM which I'm fairly comfortable tanking as, however in the only other gold run I've ever done(Jade Serpent) the tank got wrecked constantly. After witnessing that and having a lack of experience running challenge modes as a whole I have a few questions.
    Jade Serpent was the first CM I did and it really shouldn't wreck you. I went into it wearing my regular raid gear (some from my tank set, some from my WW set) and very little prep. I mean, you will take a lot of damage, but your healer should be on top of that.

Gear: 12% expertise, 3k haste, I used two stam trinkets. I'm considering the Hawkmaster's Talon trinket from the Shado-Pan. Legendary cloak is good, but the legendary meta gem is useless; if you're an engineer you should make yourself goggles with crit and haste cogwheels.

Talents:
    Zen Sphere (the others are good choices too though)
    Healing Elixirs
    Chi Brew
    Rushing Jade Wind

These talents are entirely focused on the trash packs. Chi Brew and RJW let you get more Elusive Brew stacks, which is critical for tanking the trash. Zen Sphere and Healing Elixirs will save you when you're getting slammed, and when you're stunned or kiting or otherwise helpless, and Zen Sphere puts out a lot of damage if you can keep it up on two targets. You CAN switch talents in the middle of the dungeon if you can do it without slowing down.

for a guide I'd suggest you use the Google. There are lots of guides and videos.

edit: you don't need a Disc priest to get gold. Any healer can do it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-Gold-Guides Here was a nice post written a while ago about challenge modes (with videos). Not BrM specific, but just general strats.

About the changing talents thing during a challenge mode; there is one tip that will increase your timers by 20 seconds or so without a question asked.

While you use RJW for 90% of the CM; you can effortlessly change to Xuen a second before enganging the last boss, and that guy is free damage at that point, since RJW-uptime on single target with those hastelevels is impossible.

Deleted
    Your Gift of the Ox orbs heal for a ton with the vengeance you'll be getting, you can help your healer out a lot just wiggling left and right when tanking rather than being stationary. Going with full crit and dps trinkets isn't a bad bet since with RJW you absolutely tear the trash apart.

Searing Words is a very good trinket for CMs because the duration is so long and the amount of agility gained is the highest of all trinkets at that item level. Excellent for bursting trash packs / bosses.

Windswept Pages is also very good.