Page 1 of 50
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you agree with physical punishment towards children by parents?

By physical punishment I mean a slap/smack NOT a full on beating

10+ Year Old Account
    If it comes with multiple warnings before and it's not like an extended thing (so one or two hits) then sure why not. Only ever to your own child though, never someone elses.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Swatting on the bottom, yes. Hitting in the face or stomach, no. One is discipline, the other is simply abuse.

Deleted
    Not really, my parents used to beat the shit out of me even for minor wrongdoings and all it ever accomplsihed was making me angry and hate them. When I was 15 I started to beat them, so we're even now.

Only if it actually serves a purpose.

Spanking a 4 year old because they ran out onto the road = purposeful.
    Spanking a 4 year old because they ate your froot loops = purposeless.

EDIT: In my observations of parents though I've found that young children that are raised by very warm and hands on parents typically don't require physical discipline, usually just a suspension of the warmth they are used to is adequate to let them know they fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Physical punishments accomplish one thing, and one thing only. Immediate compliance.

They aren't effective at shaping positive behavior. People hit their children because they're angry or frustrated. They then justify their anger and frustration as "discipline."
    Eat yo vegetables

Nothing wrong with corporal punishment if administered correctly and not actually a violent act.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If it comes with multiple warnings before and it's not like an extended thing (so one or two hits) then sure why not. Only ever to your own child though, never someone elses.
    I'll echo this as well. No one should physically lay a hand on another person's children.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't argue with results, so yes.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    No. Not now, not ever.

It's a cheap form of punishment dispensed by weak parents.

As you might have guessed. I was never, ever hit or physically punished in any way by either of my parents and only verbally punished probably once or twice in my life. I'm 19. That is partially because myself and my sister were brought up by a nanny, with my parents being away on business etc almost all of the time. Of course, my mother or father never agreed with any form of punishment.

Really, my parents never had the time to punish me or my sister. Did we ever misbehave? Not ever. I guess there's an exemption to every socially agreed rule. No, our nanny never, ever punished us either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat dat ass. And only on the butt. And only if the child knew not to do what he/she did.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Physical punishments accomplish one thing, and one thing only. Immediate compliance.

They aren't effective at shaping positive behavior. People hit their children because they're angry or frustrated. They then justify their anger and frustration as "discipline."
    Telling a child something is wrong, with them having no reason to fear a consequence, will get absolutely nothing done.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Telling a child something is wrong, with them having no reason to fear a consequence, will get absolutely nothing done.
    At the same time, administering physical discipline incorrectly gets absolutely nothing done.

Some of the worst behaved children out there were physically disciplined as children. See: All baby boomers.

No, I don't. There are equally effective, and arguably more effective, methods of raising a child.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in it. I will never do it. Don't try and change my ways either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I can't argue with results, so yes.
    Same here worked on me and my brothers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to get crazy spankings for talking in school. Once my dad gave me like 15 swats with the belt, made my ass hurt for like 5 hours.

I quit talking in class though, so, I say its pretty effective.

I never was punched or slapped though. That's kinda mean to do to a kid, but not unheard of. Spanking works up to about level 15, then you have to use grounding and "taking away the Nintendo" to effectively discipline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post

You're so wrong. So, so wrong.

I was never, ever physically punished by my parents or nanny. Did I ever misbehave? Both myself and my sister were golden children.

Deleted
    Nope, it's not needed at all which has been proven over and over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Spanking works up to about level 15,
    I hope that was a miss-type. Hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    I hope that was a miss-type. Hehe.
    AGE, not level . . . damnit World of warcraft. . .GET OUT OF MY HEAD!