Stood in the Fire xcureanddisease's Avatar

I just quit WoW until WoD and I feel like im missing something but i know im not

I feel like im missing something or im gonna miss out on something but I know im not. Anyways this is the end of the line for me until WoD. But i think I can learn, idk freaking German or Japanese until WoD is out. Anyone else that quit feel this way?

I understand why you would feel that way, but encourage you to check out this article.
    It helped me put things in perspective when I was feeling bored with the game, especially knowing that this next tier won't be coming out for many months.
    http://wow.stratics.com/guides/racet...iting-for-wod/

The fact that you are considering quitting also tells me that you don't know many people you enjoy playing with. This is a HUGE part of why I will never quit, because even if there was 0 things to do, its still fun to log on and mess around with people in my guild.

You never really miss out on anything. I could suggest heroic raiding, there seem to be some blanks that need to be filled in your sig. But basically I have been through the hamsterwheel of endgame raiding in Classic, TBC, WotLK and partly Cata. Quit raiding entirely by the middle of Cata. Faded that down to LFR and Flex in MoP and there is just no motivation in me. Yes, the times were great and my Frostwyrm vanquisher and Rusted Proto Drake are among my proudest Meta Achieves from the current content then. At the end of the day, the hours sunk into a game that will only ever persist in my memory and nothing toucheable remains are scary

Now I play the "Barbie game". I dress and gear my characters. I have 9 at 90 and 2 more close to 90. I level Cloudserpent and Tiller on all of them and craft me some nice weapons. I miine, skin and herb, spend an hour a day or two...sometimes I just enjoy the life outside.

I know I will get sucked into WoD and have the feeling of being left behind and play too much initially. But for now I can happily take it easy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

You are missing the Error #113 going on now.
    Clara, be my pal, tell me: am I a good man?

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I feel like im missing something or im gonna miss out on something but I know im not. Anyways this is the end of the line for me until WoD. But i think I can learn, idk freaking German or Japanese until WoD is out. Anyone else that quit feel this way?
    Not really I have 0 interest right now in WoW I activate my account once every 3 months just to ensure no one can take my guild from me. Although I have been trying to learn Japanese in between classes.

"I Quit" threads are not allowed. Good luck.

Closing the thread.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!