Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    A good reward would be to see who insta-leveled his toon and who didn't.
    That way we can see who's a noob and who actually played the game, so we can ostracize them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I mean, those who level deserve some sort of compensation for going through 100 levels of content, even better if you do it without heirlooms. In my personal opinion I won't buy a 90 just because I love leveling.
    No, cause to level deserves no "compensation" and only special snowflakes cry for one...

Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    why should you get rewarded for something so core in the game?
    are you all honestly that far out that you dont want to do something unless it awards you 10 points?
    and "leveling" already grants you an achievement for each level. as i said.
    this is just so someone can get a the "lool look i r gutter than you i r leveled by myselvf"
    Core? Leveling?
    Then why did blizzard make heirlooms? Why let us buy insta lvl 90's?
    Leveling is dying which is a massive blow to people who actually like leveling and altoholics.
    LFD tool is going to take even longer now, both for dps and for healer/tank.

There are plenty of things in WoW that nobody would do unless they granted points. There are people called "achievement hunters" you know.

The only people benefitting from this are raiders and PvPers. Sadly alot of people forget that they're not the only kind of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    That way we can see who's a noob and who actually played the game, so we can ostracize them.
    That's cruel. No.

I understand that there is really no difference in leveling and buying a 90. Leveling is so easy and simplistic it doesn't really teach you anything so a guy who levels from 1-100 will know just as much as the guy who bought a 90 and leveled to 100.

And I see most of your points. And I think this thread deserves a lock before it gets more out of hand. (We already have a thread about this anyway.) Its just a bunch of people insulting each other, mostly.

Deleted
    this is the biggest bs answer ever. how can you see that a guy who level ONE toon to a 9/10 of the max level is a nub just because he boost level that char?

Deleted
    In a word; No
    In two words; Hell no

Deleted
    No.
    The reward for lvling 1-100 is not paying for 1-90. It's optional so people who decide to be lazy have to pay.
    I have everything but Mage at 90, and I'm willing to pay to skip 1-90, if at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Yeah we are. We actually leveled through 1-90. Based off how many people are complaining it's tedious/annoying, it's worth at least an achievement.
    I lvled 1-90 10 times. I'm quite sick of it. As are many other people.

That's actually a good idea.

We need to make it a stigma for people who pay for their 90's. It be the only way to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    Getting to 100 IS the reward.
    We don't need to get trinkets for every single thing we do, like some kindergarden softball team.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. The achievement system has turned the playing community into the most needy crowd ever.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post

We need to make it a stigma for people who pay for their 90's. It be the only way to stop it.
    You're vastly overestimating the effect that would have. Also, couldn't you already potentially do that? Check achievements, check level progression, if they leveled to 90 in one day, gg now you know. And why do you think Blizzard should act against their own financial best interest?

This conversation is silly anyway, there's no way Blizzard would implement anything like this. Advantage or disadvantage, neither is going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post

There is a stigma for people who buy gold. They still do it.
    There is a stigma for people who buy toons. They still do it.
    There is a stigma for people who win trade. They still do it.

Sadly, any moral compass in this game looks less like it belongs to a boy scout, and more like it belongs to Jack Sparrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    no...
    just another way you want to show/want to feel "special"..
    well you arent.
    I don't get it, what's bad about someone who wants to feel special?! I bet 100000K gold you do stuff in RL to feel special (buying an expensive car or whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I'm curious, if Blizzard are going to start selling 90 character boosts on the cash shop... will they reward those players that leveled from 1-100?
    No. What kind of sense would that make? Please buy our product so we can kick you in the teeth by giving all our other customers something in exchange for not throwing extra money at us! I suggest you steer clear of business school.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

15+ Year Old Account
    This "I did something, I deserve a reward" attitude is just awful. I remember when I wall jumped into Caverns of Time and Hyjal at 60 just because I wanted to see what was there. I've leveled classes to the cap just to see what it was like to play one. I never expected to be given anything for doing things I WANTED to do.

Do you want to level a new character to 90? Do it. Do you want to skip the content and use your free 90 boost instead? Do it. Just don't expect Chris Metzen to be waiting there for you with a giant fucking cheque in his hands with your name on it because you did something you wanted to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your "reward" is that you didn't have to pay for it. And god forbid, you might even have had some fun on the journey to 100.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    No. What kind of sense would that make? Please buy our product so we can kick you in the teeth by giving all our other customers something in exchange for not throwing extra money at us! I suggest you steer clear of business school.
    1. I got the point, stop posting about it.

2. Business is more about screwing over customers to get to the green in their pockets. So, yeah, I will definitely steer clear.

Requests like these perfectly show what kind of an immature and at the same time rensentful attitude some people have. It's so unbelievably pitiful and embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Yeah we are. We actually leveled through 1-90. Based off how many people are complaining it's tedious/annoying, it's worth at least an achievement.
    In real life, I can plant and harvest crops, make some bread, and put together a sandwich. This takes money and, for the crops, months of regular effort. Alternatively, I can spend a few dollars and get the same result.

Money = Work

The reward for leveling from 1 to 100 is that you didn't have to pay extra to do so. Enjoy!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    There is a stigma for people who buy gold. They still do it.
    There is a stigma for people who buy toons. They still do it.
    There is a stigma for people who win trade. They still do it.

Sadly, any moral compass in this game looks less like it belongs to a boy scout, and more like it belongs to Jack Sparrow.
    Agreed.

Any stigma is really a joke. Thats why I plan to pay someone to level all my 90 toons to 100 for me.

I can't stand the leveling, the WoD story is uninteresting with alternate time lines and time travel garbage.

I want to run raids and heroic dungeons. Blizzard can get their cash for 1-90 and someone else can get their cash for 90 -100 and I get to enjoy the part of the game I want to play.

It's a win win. Cash for skipping what you want is looking very good with the WOW subscription model and cash shop.