10+ Year Old Account

F1 World Championship 2014

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

Drivers_

Teams_

2014 FORMULA 1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX

---------------------------

Past races top 10.

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2014 Hungaroring!

FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2014

[B]2014 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX2014

FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2014

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2014

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

Full race result at: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/920/

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA PIRELLI 2014

Full race result at: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/919/

FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX

Full race result at: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/917/

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Full race results at: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/916/

FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

Full race results at: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/915/

FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Full race results at: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/914/

--------------------------------------

2014 is a revolutionary year in F1.

Red Bull Racing
    Engine: Renault
    1. Sebastian Vettel // 3. Daniel Ricciardo

Mercedes AMG Petronas
    Engine: Mercedes
    44. Lewis Hamilton // 6. Nico Rosberg

Scuderia Ferrari
    Engine: Ferrari
    7. Kimi Raikkonen // 14. Fernando Alonso

Lotus F1 Team
    8. Romain Grosjean // 13. Pastor Maldonado

McLaren
    22. Jenson Button // 20. Kevin Magnussen

Sahara Force India Formula One Team
    27. Nico Hulkenberg // Sergio Perez

Sauber F1 Team
    99. Adrian Sutil // 21. Esteban Gutierrez

Scuderia Toro Rosso
    25. Jean-Eric Vergne // 26. Daniil Kvyat

Williams F1 Team
    19. Felipe Massa // 77. Valtteri Bottas

Marussia F1 Team
    17. Jules Bianchi // Max Chilton

Caterham
    Kamui Kobayashi // Marcus Ericsson
    Last edited by shise; 2014-08-25 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    I am gonna pay extra attention to F1 this year, with a Danish racer Kevin Magnussen driveing for McLaren. Going to be an exciting year of F1!!

Feel free to steal the tables from the 2013 thread

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Feel free to steal the tables from the 2013 thread
    Hey m8, thanks. As teh season starts, if you want to hold the thread for it I don't mind stopping this, or else I'll just do as I say at the button of it, this is my idea "I will keep the thread updated as the pre-season goes on and, once the championship starts, the thread will be converted in order to hold a "Championship" discussion thread with the incoming events, points tables, news, etc."

So let me know if you want to hold it once the real deal starts!

It's better to have a new thread, old one is full of talk about last years season that isn't so relevant anymore! Also it's nice to have a good opening post, like you have done above (you should update with Caterham pictures!). I'm really excited about this season, we get to see all the new technology and design changes, and some fresh talent. Mark Webber was one of my favourite drivers but it's cool to see how an up and coming driver will fair against Vettel.

Magnussen has a lot of pressure on him as he has been really highly rated and it's clear they are basically expecting him to beat Jenson with no problem, they are expecting Lewis Hamilton 2.0... Just hope he is up to the challenge, Perez wasn't able to beat Button and they dropped him like nothing. Some of the cars look downright ugly, to me the Mercedes and then perhaps the Red Bull look the least offensive, the Ferrari looks like an elephant or something and the Caterham.... well I don't know what to think.

I suspected the engines would sound great and they do, despite how the initial recordings from the testing lab sounded. Still though they don't have the sheer violence about them that the NA V8's had. It does have a very 1980s turbo sound about it though, pretty good but pretty strange to hear it from a modern F1 car.

Here is a question... Was Martin Whitmarsh at Jerez as the Mclaren team principal? All this talk about Eric Boullier replacing him but no news about it as of yet, you'd think if he really was going to replace Whitmarsh then he doesn't have time to be waiting around. Also interesting as both have pretty heavy insight into the teams 2014 cars.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-01-29 at 01:26 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The 2014 Caterham:

It's a "novel" approach, to say the least. Although the rest of the field isn't exactly going to win "sexiest car of the year" either.

By the way, I loved the sound of Kimi's Ferrari. Especially the bit at the end of the straight. I guess I'm a sucker for a turbocharger.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-01-29 at 04:32 AM.

That nose design for Ferrari is so god damned ugly. <.>
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

If you look at the Mercedes and then look at the Caterham at the back end... it's crazy how much of a tighter package the Mercedes is, it's so sucked in at the back.. You can really see the difference in the top team cars and the lower end. That Caterham has a pretty innovative (perhaps?) looking front end, though it looks ugly and crazy it may well do what they want and allow a good airflow under the car... The back end though is just fat and bulky which is really the opposite of what they want to get air to the rear wing.

So I think with my fairly clueless (in honesty) viewpoint that the Caterham is going to be another dog, on the other hand the Mercedes looks to me like it will be very fast, same could be said for all the top team cars though.

Not sure if these are the best pics to show what I mean. I watched a video unvieling of the Mercedes and it gave a better perspective. What is easy to see though is a very different design philosophy with both the front and rear of the car.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-01-29 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am like everything about this season so far apart from webber not participating.

I dont find any of the cars all that ugly. The sound of that ferrari was awesome! My guess is ferrari strong at the start of this season. Mercedes coming good mid way through and lotus, redbull and mclaren getting podiums

Some running from yesterdays test session, most of the cars are just cruising around slowly though so we're not hearing the engines open up and really scream. Still a lot quieter than the old V8 engines it has to be said.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds awesome. cant wait for them at full throttle. but in an article vettel was saying this year wouldnt be a full throttle racing because of 100kg of fuel. so qualifying would be where its at

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Updated with the Cat picture as soon as I arrived home!
    That video from Bigbazz is a good one to listen to the engines!

I think this is going to be a season of engine fires. If the cars stop unexpectedly, and there isn't a fire extinguisher to hand, they seem to catch fire really quickly.

I guess that's what happens when you pack a massive turbocharger alongside two high-performance rechargeable batteries and a 650BHP V6.

Seriously, I can't watch at the noses of most of the new cars with straight face. They look absolutely hilarious and not in a good manner necessarily. <.>

Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

They look very phallic, don't they?

Just think, we'll be watching races with 22 dildos mounted on the front of the nose-cone. Let's just hope nobody gets rear-ended

Notice the best laptimes today are only in the 1:24 range, which is pretty close to the GP2 times from Jerez testing in 2013. Day 2 testing times for F1 last year were in the 1:18-1:19 range. I suspect because of the big changes we're not seeing the full potential of the cars yet but they are definitely a lot slower to be running GP2 laptimes, these will likely be the slowest F1 cars since the mid/late 90s.

It was a damp track though. Those 1:18s were set on a bone-dry track.

Still dry enough for slicks though, even if you give 2 seconds laptime for the slightly damp track it's quite a difference. In other news, not sure if it's been mentioned but Eric Boullier was confirmed at Mclaren, not as team principal though but "Racing Director" with someone else coming in above him. http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/91...er-Appointment

Would like to think it could be Ross Brawn!

Magnussen fastest on day 3 for Mclaren with a 1m23.276s. Renault teams still seem to be having a lot of issues, I don't know if its bad of me to be enjoying that fact... I almost feel like anything is good if it means Red Bull will start on the backfoot and we will see some more competition going on. Can you imagine a season where Mclaren, Ferrari and Mercedes all stand a good chance to win the championship, it would be great. Another season of Red Bull domination would just be horrible, it would be bad for the popularity of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Magnussen fastest on day 3 for Mclaren with a 1m23.276s. Renault teams still seem to be having a lot of issues, I don't know if its bad of me to be enjoying that fact... I almost feel like anything is good if it means Red Bull will start on the backfoot and we will see some more competition going on. Can you imagine a season where Mclaren, Ferrari and Mercedes all stand a good chance to win the championship, it would be great. Another season of Red Bull domination would just be horrible, it would be bad for the popularity of the sport.
    Don't forget that the 2013 Red Bull was a pig in the test sessions at the beginning of the season.