Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    yeah, i'd like the wotlk system back. it's the best i've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
    Timeless Isles Purple Farming... i thought this was addressed when SoO came out, get the 497 gear and queue right into the last 2 tiers of LFR.
    Think that's the issue lots of people have though. Timeless isle, while a good concept the gearing involves running around in circles and to potentially get screwed by the RNG god over and over. Vs Valor/JP gear where you'd run dungeons over and over and build up to the point of buying older tier gear for alts.

Then you got LFR which LOTS of people hate that they're part of the gear progression. I'm sure many would like the old style Valor/JP farm then being able to jump into FLEX (Sort of how it was Dungeon farming then being able to jump into 10man pugs in wotlk)

If they would go back to even just offering 2 tier items buyable each raid cycle, that would help lessen the extreme evil that RNG is; having to settle for no tier bonus or the pitiful stats off lfr ones sucks.

Don't get me wrong, I liked wraith. But it did take quite a while to get the 232 gear from badges .

Back in the day, we (the guild) would run kara/ZA for gearing up alts, and that was pretty effective. Can't your guild run ToT or normal SoO for gearing up alts? What am I missing? I got 90 2-3 weeks ago, got to ilvl 500 literally within 4-6 hours, and was in LFR SoO within a week of dinging 90. I think that's pretty fast. If you are complaining that you are not doing SoO, is it possible in ilvl 500 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I liked wraith. But it did take quite a while to get the 232 gear from badges .

Back in the day, we (the guild) would run kara/ZA for gearing up alts, and that was pretty effective. Can't your guild run ToT or normal SoO for gearing up alts? What am I missing? I got 90 2-3 weeks ago, got to ilvl 500 literally within 4-6 hours, and was in LFR SoO within a week of dinging 90. I think that's pretty fast. If you are complaining that you are not doing SoO, is it possible in ilvl 500 gear?
    Of course it's possible to do that with your guild, if you can negotiate with them. The biggest complaint seems to be that LFR removes the social aspect of the game by making it impossible to grind gear solo, and making it harder to get the exact set that you want by slowing down the rate you acquire loot at.

Instead, they want easier gearing, that takes less time, and doesn't involve doing the same thing over and over again unless it is in a dungeon. Except, I guess that isn't desirable either, since you can grind dungeons and gear yourself in comfortable JP purchased 497 gear as quickly as you want, bypassing timeless altogether.

In short: I don't get it. Run older raids with your guild. Enter SoO at lower ilevels on alts, which is entirely doable, because I assure you that the world leading guilds did it that way many months back, and you can do it now. Do you die more often? Sure, but hell, such is life. Better than faceroll LFR, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Of course it's possible to do that with your guild, if you can negotiate with them. The biggest complaint seems to be that LFR removes the social aspect of the game by making it impossible to grind gear solo, and making it harder to get the exact set that you want by slowing down the rate you acquire loot at.

Instead, they want easier gearing, that takes less time, and doesn't involve doing the same thing over and over again unless it is in a dungeon. Except, I guess that isn't desirable either, since you can grind dungeons and gear yourself in comfortable JP purchased 497 gear as quickly as you want, bypassing timeless altogether.

In short: I don't get it. Run older raids with your guild. Enter SoO at lower ilevels on alts, which is entirely doable, because I assure you that the world leading guilds did it that way many months back, and you can do it now. Do you die more often? Sure, but hell, such is life. Better than faceroll LFR, amirite?
    What people want is no RNG.

Deleted
    I will await to render judgement until the Quest system statistics come in from the WoD system.

I hear that if you get all the chests on Timeless Isles you are guaranteed 6 pieces of gear and 1 guaranteed Burden of Eternity. So don't use one of the guaranteed items until you have the Burden and then vert it to 535. Do the Scenarios needed to do the 502 boots quest, that's like 2, which will give you changes to upgrade a couple slots as well. Do the arena quest for a 450 weapon if you don't already have one, and that should get you high enough to do ToT that week. Also hit up Isle of Thunder, feed your alt the rep items items, easy to get the rep to buy the belt.

In one week, just as you're saying you did in WotLK, you can gear up an alt for SoO. Also, the items from TI are bound on account and can be mailed to any char of your's on any server. So it's even possible to not be a fresh 90 on day 1 and be over iLvl 480.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exaelitus View Post
    The gear tokens from timeless are always your armor proficiency and they are extremely easy to get even during a Timeless Isle zergfest.
    That is only true the first time you loot each segment of chests, and never off the Mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    LFR helps alts, not hurts them.

If LFR is crippling your alt, the problem is obviously with the player.
    When there is nothing else for my alts to do besides the same raid my main does, and with a bunch of windowlickers crammed together, it hurts my alt.

LFR replaced other gear paths and casual content which means my alts either suffer through people who cannot understand falling ash hurts you, or they go unplayed. I dont have all the time in the world to raid on each alt, when the only casual content out there is the worst thing in the entire game, then it cripples them.

The valor system was fine the way it was. giving usually subpar normal difficulty ilvl pieces compared to raid drops along with a couple of tier token slots available helping alleviate RNG woes.

Valor gear shouldn't matter to hardcore raiders since heroic ilvl pieces have never been buyable with valor, not to mention hardcore raiders hit heroic difficulty long before they can save up enough valor for that gear to matter in the world first race anyway.

Blizzard needs to bring back the old valor system while keeping the upgrade system (the only good valor change I've seen so far imo).

Timeless isle is 100% easy to gear alts than any other xpac was.

For a single char? okay, maybe Wotlk might be a bit more dependable.

For people with 22+ 90s like me? Bind on Account epic tokens from timeless isle is just what the doctor ordered.

Not to mention you can easily gear up just farming rares, I could get full 496 gear on 20 chars in a week just running around with a fully naked level 85 character and hitting rares and chests.